Baby Audio BA-1 synth out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BA-1

Baby Audio's first synth BA-1 is out now!

https://babyaud.io/ba-1

Love Baby Audio stuff, so looking forward to this one and thought to share it just in case there are some more Baby Audio fans here.

From the email:
Our first synth is out on Tuesday
­
Modern synths have gotten so complex, we sometimes forget what sparked our love for them in the first place:

A simple and easily programmable interface. That strange and beastly sound. A new universe of musical inspiration.

BA-1 is designed to bring all that back — with a vengeance.

Click below for a quick listen. Out April 25th at midnight CET.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1UMtGVPkvg
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

One rotary knob and one slider is really going all-in on the simplicity thing. If the video can be trusted, they don't even have an effect on the sound.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

There's an additional knob and slider on each opposite face. So it's only half as simple or twice as complex as you might think if you only watched the video.

Effects are overrated.

👀...
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:18 pm There's an additional knob and slider on each opposite face. So it's only half as simple or twice as complex as you might think if you only watched the video.
Don't forget the modular patch panel on the bottom!

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:37 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:18 pm There's an additional knob and slider on each opposite face. So it's only half as simple or twice as complex as you might think if you only watched the video.
Ah, that must be why the sound didn't change with the knob and slider positions. They haven't been patched to anything yet.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

gui is a bit bright, hope there's a darker skin available.

I really like the thoughtful touches, like the vents on the top for cooling. Some of my hungrier VSTis (looking at you Diva), when faced with a complex damanding patch, get too hot to touch.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:37 pm
Fark. Now I'll need to read the manual ... :(

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:42 pm gui is a bit bright, hope there's a darker skin available.
Then Baby Audio is for you. :tu:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:50 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:42 pm gui is a bit bright, hope there's a darker skin available.
do you know what connection is at the end of the cable? i might need an adapter

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:53 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:50 pm
do you know what connection is at the end of the cable? i might need an adapter
We will get to know on April 25th. ;)

dammit, i might be a zombie by then :cry:

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:56 pm dammit, i might be a zombie by then :cry:
Wait till Vurt finds out about Apocalypse mode...

Cool just in time for my birthday

Return to “Instruments”