Baby Audio BA-1 synth out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BA-1

Caine123 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:07 am hi guys how is the Random function in this synth?
pretty great, it offers useable presets really often

already available for iOS ($20)

Chaocrator beat us to it with the announcement – but here's a quick update to say that we've now released an iOS version of BA-1.

App Store link: https://apps.apple.com/app/ba-1-baby-audio/id6449602868

The iOS version is currently on intro sale for $19.99! It comes as a standalone App with a keyboard – and also works as an AUv3 plugin for all major mobile DAWs - including Logic Pro.
babyaud.io

Baby have just released an update :

BA-1 v1. 5 is a free update for all owners of BA-1.

✱ New Effect Plugin - BA-1 FX Strip:
BA-1 isn’t just an analog modeled synthesizer. It also offers a meticulously modeled FX section, based on budget 1980s rack effects. Users have been asking for a standalone edition of BA-1’s effects chain since the early days and here it is! Use the FX Strip to run any audio through BA-1’s virtual circuits and add 80s-flavored drive, filtering, delay, reverb, chorus – and even BA-1’s speaker simulator.

✱ Arpeggiator:
Arpeggiators were an essential ingredient in the synth sounds of the 80s. For BA-1 v1.5, we’ve added a hands-on, hardware-style arpeggiator with three modes (up, down, up/down) and a three octave range. The arp allows for un-syncing from the host tempo for more authentic (i.e. slightly out of time!) effects.

✱ Flexible Chorus parameter:
The original BA-1 offered a simple on/off chorus effect, reminiscent of the Junos and other classic synths. In v1.5, the chorus can now be set anywhere between 0% and 100% for more creative flexibility.

✱ Easter eggs:
The colored dots between BA-1’s segments reveal some new additional synth parameters when clicked. LFO fade adds ramp time to the modulation wave that gradually (or abruptly) fades up to its set frequency for a more unpredictable LFO effect. Chaos introduces nonlinear behavior in the reverb and chorus algorithms for dissonance and unpredictable pitch glides.

✱ Improved preset browser:
BA-1’s preset manager has a vastly improved workflow in v1.5. Search presets by name, filter by pack, or mark patches with color-coded tags to remember them. You can easily import packs, create your own or browse the available BA-1 Expansions to add more sounds to your synth.

✱ New UI theme:
See BA-1 from a fresh perspective with the all-new black and red UI theme.

Woo-hoo! I've been using this quite a bit lately, bringing some really old songs across from 32 bit Orion into Studio One. It is so easy to get good sounds from, even easier to match to old sounds and generally really satisfying to work with. It sounds like there are some pretty useful new features in this update.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hi
How I can get the update for Windows ?

Go to Baby Audio's website, login to your user account and download it. The LOGIN button is at the bottom of the page.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The effects strip looks like it might actually be a bit useful -

It includes the speaker emulation and the filter, which makes it a bit more useful than I thought it might be. The Drive effect works well in the synth, it will be interesting to see how it goes as an effect on other material.

Love this thing.

Sits great in a mix when you want something relatively uncomplicated to fill out the background.

Some very nice additions too.

One of my favourite synths of last year. Very nice update.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:15 am Go to Baby Audio's website, login to your user account and download it. The LOGIN button is at the bottom of the page.
You can get the download from the downloads page.

https://babyaud.io/downloads
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

db3 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:03 pm Baby have just released an update :

BA-1 v1. 5 is a free update for all owners of BA-1.

✱ New Effect Plugin - BA-1 FX Strip:
BA-1 isn’t just an analog modeled synthesizer. It also offers a meticulously modeled FX section, based on budget 1980s rack effects. Users have been asking for a standalone edition of BA-1’s effects chain since the early days and here it is! Use the FX Strip to run any audio through BA-1’s virtual circuits and add 80s-flavored drive, filtering, delay, reverb, chorus – and even BA-1’s speaker simulator.

✱ Arpeggiator:
Arpeggiators were an essential ingredient in the synth sounds of the 80s. For BA-1 v1.5, we’ve added a hands-on, hardware-style arpeggiator with three modes (up, down, up/down) and a three octave range. The arp allows for un-syncing from the host tempo for more authentic (i.e. slightly out of time!) effects.

✱ Flexible Chorus parameter:
The original BA-1 offered a simple on/off chorus effect, reminiscent of the Junos and other classic synths. In v1.5, the chorus can now be set anywhere between 0% and 100% for more creative flexibility.

✱ Easter eggs:
The colored dots between BA-1’s segments reveal some new additional synth parameters when clicked. LFO fade adds ramp time to the modulation wave that gradually (or abruptly) fades up to its set frequency for a more unpredictable LFO effect. Chaos introduces nonlinear behavior in the reverb and chorus algorithms for dissonance and unpredictable pitch glides.

✱ Improved preset browser:
BA-1’s preset manager has a vastly improved workflow in v1.5. Search presets by name, filter by pack, or mark patches with color-coded tags to remember them. You can easily import packs, create your own or browse the available BA-1 Expansions to add more sounds to your synth.

✱ New UI theme:
See BA-1 from a fresh perspective with the all-new black and red UI theme.
FFS, for some reason I thought I was on the Atoms thread, read this post, and punched the air with joy :x

m-ac wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:38 pm FFS, for some reason I thought I was on the Atoms thread, read this post, and punched the air with joy :x
What did the air ever do to you?!

Crashes in FL Studio sadly, anyone else have the same issue?

Is it just me or is the chorus not as intense as it was previously?

Return to “Instruments”