Baby Audio BA-1 synth out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BA-1

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:51 am Waiting for the update that fixes the FL Studio export problem.

I also observed that when a BA-1 pattern clip is placed at the very beginning of the Playlist timeline, there is a weird sound that happens at the initial moment (within the first bar/measure) when I press play. If I move the pattern clip little further, the weird sound doesn't come and clip plays fine.

EDIT: I already bought BA-1 few days ago.
Both issues are fixed in v1.1 to be released early next week :)
babyaud.io

BABY Audio wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:41 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:51 am Waiting for the update that fixes the FL Studio export problem.

I also observed that when a BA-1 pattern clip is placed at the very beginning of the Playlist timeline, there is a weird sound that happens at the initial moment (within the first bar/measure) when I press play. If I move the pattern clip little further, the weird sound doesn't come and clip plays fine.

EDIT: I already bought BA-1 few days ago.
Both issues are fixed in v1.1 to be released early next week :)
Glad to know that. Appreciate your reply and update, thank you. :)

SCprogfan wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:54 pm
BABY Audio wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:29 am
Dirk.P. wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:45 pm Is Baby Audio already looking into the situation in which the VST doesn't load on a laptop?
Not the 32 bit, 64 bit or the standalone version.
It is mentioned in this tread and I am experiencing the same behaviour for BA-1.
Kind Regards,
Dirk
I didn't see this one before -- sorry. This is not standard behavior for sure. Is there any chance you can email us at support@babyaud.io with your systems specs and a description of the issue? Then we will look into a fix for this week's update.

Thanks, not sure why I didn't immediately try a different browser. One of those "duh..." moments for my brain when I read that. Grabbed it with Chrome, no problem. Hopefully will have time to play with it over the weekend.
For those interested:
Baby Audio made great progress on the issue that occurs when no OpengL drivers are present.
Expext a fix for this pretty soon! ( if not available already)
Can't say anything less than that BabyAudio did anthing within their power to help me with this. :tu:
BIG thumbs up!!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:04 pm
Dirk.P. wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:51 pm

You mean the issue that I dont seem to have with it?
I'm running BA-1 licensed and I couldn't hear anything out of the ordinairy.

If you can create a small test in FL-Studio , export that 8 bars
Then send me the FLP and I can run the same project on my system to see if there's any difference.

You're right!
In FL-Studio it doesn't come up,
However, during export "something" is defenitely happening at the first note!

I had my first proper play with BA-1 last night and I am really impressed. I managed to make some really nice patches with practically no effort - a couple of presses of the random button and a few tweaks was all it took and I've ended up with a few sounds I'd never have arrived at by the normal route. I'm really diggin' it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Ok, what am I doing wrong with this? Can't get it to work. I can only get one wobbly tone out of it. None of the controls work for me, not even the volume control. None of the presets load. I have tried re-installing, rebooting. Anyone else run into this? Any ideas?

SCprogfan wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:14 pm Ok, what am I doing wrong with this? Can't get it to work. I can only get one wobbly tone out of it. None of the controls work for me, not even the volume control. None of the presets load. I have tried re-installing, rebooting. Anyone else run into this? Any ideas?
Nobody knows anything about your setup, what DAW you use, OS, hardware, whether you're using the demo or the full version.

Has anyone mentioned that the "Load" and "Save" icons are backwards. The "Load" arrow is pointing down towards the risk like it's writing to disk (i.e. saving), while the "Save" icon is pointing up, like data is being written to the disk (i.e. loaded).

Or is it just me?

You have to think of your preset library as living in the cloud, then it makes sense - you pull presets down and you save them up.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

machinesworking wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:46 pm
SCprogfan wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:14 pm Ok, what am I doing wrong with this? Can't get it to work. I can only get one wobbly tone out of it. None of the controls work for me, not even the volume control. None of the presets load. I have tried re-installing, rebooting. Anyone else run into this? Any ideas?
Nobody knows anything about your setup, what DAW you use, OS, hardware, whether you're using the demo or the full version.
I think, "anyone else run into this?" is a fair question regardless of setup. I mention it because beginning your reply with, "nobody knows...," comes across a little short in response to a fair question, even though I know you were just trying to let someone know what they need to share to get real help.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Sorry, got sidetracked for quite a while. Cakewalk by BandLab on Windows 10. I've just tested the fully licensed BA-1 in my older version of Sonar, and it works fine. Played with it for just a little bit, and I'm really enjoying it. So, apparently it's just not working in the BandLab version.

SCprogfan wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:14 am Sorry, got sidetracked for quite a while. Cakewalk by BandLab on Windows 10. I've just tested the fully licensed BA-1 in my older version of Sonar, and it works fine. Played with it for just a little bit, and I'm really enjoying it. So, apparently it's just not working in the BandLab version.
Ugh I hate that. Komplete Kontrol of all plug ins wasn't working in Ableton Live 11 here until I updated. :dog: Another annoying nag, did you send Baby Audio a bug report? That's a solid reproducible one.

I have the same problem with Reason 11 and demo version of BA-1, vst2 64 version.

Imaginary191 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:53 am
I have the same problem with Reason 11 and demo version of BA-1, vst2 64 version.
Messing with it on Mac M1 Air here in Reason 12.6. VST3 version, might be a VST2 issue on Windows?

I found that it works when I switch to ASIO driver in Reason options. Not working with DX driver.

Return to “Instruments”