SA_Toolkit

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

not going to push/promote this much, but just want to let people know about it..

SA_Toolkit, the successor/continuation of the MIP(2) framework/toolkit (MIT licensed):
https://github.com/skei/SA_Toolkit

tags: plugin, standalone, clap, linux, opengl, gui, widgets, (vst 2/3, win32), .. and the exciting stuff: polyphonic modulation, remote controls, thread pool, overlapping notes, preset discovery, note expressions, etc, etc, ...

Running doxygen doxygen.cfg gives the follow warning...
warning: source './images' is not a readable file or directory... skipping.
...You are missing the images catalogue in SA_Toolkit/doc/ maybe it was intentional.

The catalogue SA_Toolkit/build/codeblocks/ is probably misplaced. The project file sa_toolkit.cbp doesn't find any files under Headers in the workspace tree.

The example under /SA_Toolkit/build/minimal/plugin.clap compiled and worked straight away. About 60 seconds to compile.

A README.md file in your repository would be nice with some explanations, if you want people to find it, try it out.

thanks for the feedback/comments..
xos wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:26 pm Running doxygen doxygen.cfg gives the follow warning...
warning: source './images' is not a readable file or directory... skipping.
...You are missing the images catalogue in SA_Toolkit/doc/ maybe it was intentional.
i know.. i only wanted to upload the doxygen config file, so i added the directory to .gitignore.. maybe i should add a check in the makedocs script, and create the directory if it doesn't exist.. :-)
xos wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:26 pm The catalogue SA_Toolkit/build/codeblocks/ is probably misplaced. The project file sa_toolkit.cbp doesn't find any files under Headers in the workspace tree.
actually, it's not.. it's a leftover from the conversion from MIP -> SA_Toolkit.. and at the same time, i started using codelite instead of codeblocks.. there's some compiler flags and options in there that i didn't want to forget about.. but i will rip these out, and get rid of the codeblocks directory entirely..
xos wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:26 pm The example under /SA_Toolkit/build/minimal/plugin.clap compiled and worked straight away. About 60 seconds to compile.
awesome! that's really great.
or.. a full minute of compilation time?
here it takes just a few seconds for a full clean/compile (release build).. :-) (
xos wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:26 pm A README.md file in your repository would be nice with some explanations, if you want people to find it, try it out.
absolutely.. :-)
another item on the "todo" list..

vehemently evolving...
clap-as-vst2, clap-as-vst3, clap-as-exe, ladspa-as-clap, .clap file itself can also be standalone executable (linux), preset discovery, remote controls, parameter indications, thread pool...

more clap stuff.. testing polyphonic parameter modulation, note expressions, remote controls, preset discovery, thread pool, voice stacking, overlapping notes, parameter indication, .. plus some other invisible things going on in the background.. (the synth/audio itself is not the main focus).. my seaboard is falling apart, so i'm trying to hurry up and "finish" the note expressions and mpe-ish stuff before it completely dies. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvVU81I ... -HelgeSkei
framework/toolkit source code (mit license) as usual: https://github.com/skei/SA_Toolkit
(linux, windows, clap, vst2, vst3, standalone executable, opengl, nanovg)

started to bring back both lv2 and ladspa as "export" formats (clap-as-xxx).. lv2 is not a pleasant format to work with (and it doesn't really fit in that well with how the rest of the toolkit/framework is put together), so i might need some help to get it done properly, but let's see how it goes.. :-)

one single .cpp file, one simple compiler command line, one binary file, six plugin formats.. 8)
clap, vst2, vst3, ladspa, lv2, standalone executable

sa_formats.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qD6SwibWT4
(no external toolkits or dependencies or libs)

wayland, here we come! :-)

Code: Select all

#include "plugin/sat_plugin.h"
SAT_DEFAULT_PLUGIN_DESCRIPTOR(myDescriptor,"me/plugin","plugin","me",AUDIO_EFFECT);
class myPlugin : public SAT_Plugin {
public:
  SAT_DEFAULT_PLUGIN_CONSTRUCTOR(myPlugin);
public:
  bool init() final {
    registerDefaultExtensions();
    appendStereoAudioInputPort("In");
    appendStereoAudioOutputPort("Out");
    appendParameter( new SAT_Parameter("Gain",0.5,0,1,CLAP_PARAM_IS_AUTOMATABLE + CLAP_PARAM_IS_MODULATABLE) );
    return SAT_Plugin::init();
  }
  void processStereoSample(sat_sample_t* spl0, sat_sample_t* spl1) final {
    *spl0 *= getModulatedParameterValue(0);
    *spl1 *= getModulatedParameterValue(0);
  }
};
#include "plugin/sat_entry.h"
SAT_PLUGIN_ENTRY(myDescriptor,myPlugin);

Code: Select all

compile -i plugin.cpp -o plugin.clap -f clap -g x11

a messy 'introduction' of some kind..
or rather, me making a fool of myself for an hour or so..
cringe-worthy and embarassing, but at least it's _something_..
(hd still processing, yt says 50 minutes left)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCwEJCNJNdI

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”