accSone releases free update crusher-X 10.2 "Ulrich Müller"

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The crusher-X 10.2 "Ulrich Müller" release is a free feature update for crusher-X 10. Beside several improvements and fixes it comes with a completely reworked morphing system with a free editable morphing curve to create advanced morphing gestures. It also adds compression and envelope follower meters in the level pane. And of coarse it is featured by the composer and sound designer "Ulrich Müller" who enhanced crusher-X with an exquisite selection of brand new factory sounds.

https://youtu.be/NFjt7VzD0AI

How to get this free update?

As a crusher-X 10 licensee just follow again the download instructions described in your crusher-X delivery mail (that you received after your crusher-X purchase). The challenge/response wizard will not show up if already executed with crusher-X 10. Please contact us if you need help!

How to upgrade?

Upgrade / crossgrade: 99,- € (incl. VAT - For outside EU residents VAT will be removed from card)

Full version: 289,- € (incl. VAT - For outside EU residents VAT will be removed from card)

Upcoming sales ahead? Cheaper anywhere else? Or you wondering why an upgrade is not for free? Take a look at the accSone pricing guarantee.

Need an instant cutting edge granular synthesis sound in your project?
Download free crusher-X 10 demo and start to explore!

crusher-X 10.2 Release Notes
  • Adds several factory sounds designed and recorded by the Munich composer and sound designer Ulrich Müller, thanks Ulrich!
  • Adds 10 more factory patches using the factory sounds from Ulrich Müller
  • Adds clickable Feedback/Output Compression/Expander and Input/SideChain Envelope meter to the Level Panel
  • Adds MIDI Key value label and entry to DCO frequency trackbars in case DCO is configured as a file playback
  • Adds smart Morph System behavior on changes while the morph process is running (fast value adaption during morphing)
  • Adds an editable spline curve to the Morphing System for non-linear morphing transitions
  • Adds Morph to MIDI-Keys - but Morph is not started if MIDI-Keys are pressed. This will create smoother transitions between patches with stored MIDI-Keys
  • Adds Shift-Click a pressed Key on the UI Keyboard will release the note
  • Adds disabling GlitchMode selector when not in Glitcher-X Mode
  • Improves setting of DCO MarkIn and MarkOut while in Play Mode (only range the play head if needed)
  • Improves control of Arpeggiator Keys with UI Keyboard (select and deselect single keys with Shift-Click). Latch control of external MIDI Key events remains as usual
  • Improves UI fluidity on Formant Input Filter, Grain View, Slider and PM-Field mouse interactions
  • Improves X-Crush algorithm so that crackles on high gain input signals are diminished
  • Improves Birth Grain Modulation Reset value. Grains are now overlapping 50% on reset
  • Fixes incorrect display of special characters in the licensor's name
  • Fixes DCOs low frequency problem on standard waveforms
  • Fixes issue that DCO still running when plug-in is in Bypass Mode (VST3/AU)
  • AAX: Fixes problems with changing and automate discrete parameter values
  • AAX: Fixes a bug that indicated patch to be modified after loading a new patch
  • AAX: Fixes a bug that the patch name was not recovered on reloading
  • Win AAX: Fixes a problem with showing wrong mouse cursors
  • Win standalone: Recordings are now done with 32bits per sample
  • Win standalone: Remove click function of recording and audio on/off on status bar
  • Win standalone: Fixes a problem with synced Grain Modulation frequencies larger than 1/1 quarters
Peace!
accSone

i notice, also soundwise some improvements; the Filtered, i call it the spectral feedback...., seems more pronounced, and subtle, it can be me, i don't know.

also the GUI, on windows, does not freeze when using the trigger window (i.e. the granular window, and grain buffer window stay active).

but; record on, clicking on it, well that won't work it seems, but if i use F2, to record, you don't see the seconds 'move', and it creates a .wav of 1kb.....

so i can't record from standalone.

(but great finally 32bit, i assume float, recordings for standalone. full headroom.. and my standard of using samples, nowadays.)

great update, must investigate more. the glitcher, really creates a full, spectral like sound (not always, it depends on the settings in the trigger window, 'Filtered'), a great addition.

pleased, very pleased, with version 10.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:18 am but; record on, clicking on it, well that won't work it seems, but if i use F2, to record, you don't see the seconds 'move', and it creates a .wav of 1kb.....

Thanks for the bug report! Yes, the stand alone recording bug is confirmed and already fixed during the night. There is a new build 10.23.15 avail that you can download from the server.

Enjoy!
accSone

Hi,

for those who have issues with non listed plug-in parameters of the AU version, please feel free to download the newest build 10.23.15 available (like described in the delivery mail) that should fix the issue.

Enjoy
accSone

freq wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:14 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:18 am but; record on, clicking on it, well that won't work it seems, but if i use F2, to record, you don't see the seconds 'move', and it creates a .wav of 1kb.....

Thanks for the bug report! Yes, the stand alone recording bug is confirmed and already fixed during the night. There is a new build 10.23.15 avail that you can download from the server.

Enjoy!
accSone
great! thanks!

Any idea why when I insert this as an effect (after an instrument slot) in Komplete Kontrol and Maschine it doesn't seem to process sound from the instrument?

freq wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:20 am Hi,

for those who have issues with non listed plug-in parameters of the AU version, please feel free to download the newest build 10.23.15 available (like described in the delivery mail) that should fix the issue.

Enjoy
accSone
Wow, that was quick...thank you! Will download and verify now :)

EDIT:
Confirmed, all 449 now/again available to my host :tu:
Given I am NOT on an officially supported OS (10.9.5), every update that continues to work on my favored machine is a 'gift', so thank you for addressing my report :party:
Chris R Gibson ( a.k.a. Loopy C )
https://soundcloud.com/loopy-c

some questions/remarks;

1. i am addicted now to the glicher mode in combination with the Filter, in the mixer, and of course using all other goodies of Crusher-X. so, great. great! you call it Formant, me gives it more a spectral vibe, and also a kind filtering, indeed, that i can't reduce, well it sometimes goes to 'resonate', but it seems to me it is the feedback. i like that. (and see 3. with more headroom those, will not 'kill' recordings, because of well, you know.)

2. Crusher-X is touchscreen friendly (i did ask it a long time ago), i thought it was. it reacts that way. but...
2.1. when i hold to long the midi learn sub menu, or how do call those 'tooltips' kind of popups, pops up.... that kills a bit the workflow when using the touchscreen. solution: that it can be turned off? a kind of touchscreen mode?
that only happens with the how do you call them, the dials... for birth, or length etc, window, etc. well only those that can midi learn.....

3. recording; it is 32 bit integer it seems, the standard of all DAWs (although with Cubase, you can set the standard yourself), is 32 float. it is more academic, then necessary. i have now my headroom, for making recordings, when i got something, the flow.... and no more crackles in the recording, because of overload... so 32 bit integer gives already a lot of headroom.
3.1. but still; the standard is 32 float. perhaps recordings in 32float/48000???

4. the GUI is responsive, and does not freeze etc. but while making recordings i still here 'ticks', it is different than before, that don't end up in the recording. they can be distracting. i don't why Crusher-X standalone has that problem, it can be my system, even an very old system, should handle it.
4.1. yes i use Crusher-X standalone, but of course also as a VST, but i am now in standalone mode.....
the VST phase will come, when i..

and:

made some small great recordings, yesterday, mainly interesting to me, i think and some others. Crusher-X has now in a way 2 sound characters, or modes... (and yes many more of course, so many parameters..)

WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:18 am (but great finally 32bit, i assume float, recordings for standalone. full headroom.. and my standard of using samples, nowadays.)
There is a new version 10.24 ready to download (like described in your crusher-X version 10 delivery mail) that introduces 32bit float recording for the standalone version and improves the multi-threading grain generation in special for macOS silicon M1/M2 machines

https://youtu.be/dkB7kb8y-K4

Enjoy
accSone

WasteLand wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:09 am
2.1. when i hold to long the midi learn sub menu, or how do call those 'tooltips' kind of popups, pops up.... that kills a bit the workflow when using the touchscreen. solution: that it can be turned off? a kind of touchscreen mode?
that only happens with the how do you call them, the dials... for birth, or length etc, window, etc. well only those that can midi learn.....
Hi,

thanks for your suggestions!

One can disable the Tooltips in crusher-X Settings editor (Program panel) with the "Suppress UI Hints" button

Regarding the right-click pop-up menu that is caused by longer touches we recommend to increase the right-click touch threshold time in the OS settings.

Hope that helps
Best
accSone

https://youtu.be/yeAJupIke1U

Version 10 of crusher-X comes with a completely reworked morph system. It allows to morph up to 3600 seconds between the most parameters in a smooth way. And one can create a self defined morph curve that allows to morph with a specific "drama" in mind. With that possibility a simple morph between patches transforms to an individual designed "sound gesture".

More about crusher-X 10: https://www.accsone.com/crusherx/whatsnewincrusherx10

thanks! for the tips, and adding 32F/48000, my main, or only format i now use.

and addicted to the glitcher, in combi with the filter (feedback...). and grain launch for steps, i am using now, more, or almost only, for a phase....

you can't stack modulators? for instance for Speed. steps + MPE slide? (i can overlook a lot, when i am focused, in phases in om so focused..)

EDIT: the improved morphing caught my attention also, never used it, but now i feel it can be very usefull (before also, but now it clicks with me, in some way).

Thanks for the feedback!
Stacking Modulators is done by adding global modulators to the same destination. Use G1 or G2 for that. And MPE pitch changes are always stacked on top the speed modulation.
Best
accSone

Return to “accSone”