Analog Rythm MK2 and Syntakt ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have an Analog Rhythm MK2 and I'm wondering whether to take a Syntakt to complete it.

I hesitate with the Analog Four MK2, but given the two new Syntakt machines, for digital the sound reproduction is quite typical analog, even surprising.

In addition, the use of the Analog Four MK2 seems quite complex to get the best out of it.

Besides, it is rare to find good videos on this machine that highlight it.

As against the Syntakt for digital machines (synths), the sound is really not bad.

What do you think ?

I have the Rytm and Digitone... haven't had hands on the Syntakt.

I have a Syntakt, rytm and the analog 4. Syntakt sounds ok, probably cleaner than the others. The finer accuracy of the encoders mean it is the one for analogue drum sounds and the new cymbals are good too. What the rytm is better for is sampling, swing, and various performance features.

The 4 can be a great drum machine as well, but I use it is a 4 voice xOx box and use the CV outs to drive other synths.

I would ask yourself what do you think the Syntakt will add to your set up? I use the Syntakt as a scratch pad in a different room to the rest of my gear. I think there is a lot of cross over between rytm and Syntakt.
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Thank you for your answers.

This will bring me diversity and my way of composing, producing with a workflow more suited to my needs.

I have three master synths and an Analog Rhythm MK2.

I am looking for a module to complete the Analog Rhythm MK2.

My way of making music has evolved and my musical approach is more of the composition of sequences.

I continue to use synths for the composition of pads, pads and some sounds.

Otherwise, I'm going for a sequencer solution for the rest of my music.

Indeed the Syntakt is a part of the Analog Rhythm MK2 and therefore can duplicate this part.

With the addition of the two machines, the Syntakt has analog sound reproduction possibilities despite being digital on this part.

I would like to have an Elektron set to have two ways of making music.

I even intend to add a Squarp Pyramid for my synth part for sequencing.

Why my question Analog Four MK2 or Syntakt, see Digitone.

But apparently, the Syntakt in some way picks up the sounds of the Digitone, so Digitone might not be interesting.

Trancer wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:40 am Why my question Analog Four MK2 or Syntakt, see Digitone.

But apparently, the Syntakt in some way picks up the sounds of the Digitone, so Digitone might not be interesting.
The Digitone has a much more robust FM engine. So the Syntakt doesn't cover what it does. The Digitone is excellent for percussion. However, the Digitone would only add 4 tracks and that might not be enough for your additional drum needs. I have 2 Rytm's and the Digitone for drums/percussion.

I'm a bit hesitant about the Syntakt cause I love deep sound design and I'm not sure it would quite satisfy me. I need to get my hands on one to see.

I had a Digitone for a while and recently sold it. A lot of people really love it, but it wasn’t for me. In terms of sound and use, I don’t feel like it overlapped with the Syntakt much, if at all really. Other than the form factor, they’re pretty different instruments IMO.

For comparison of the RYTM and Syntakt (and Analog Four), I pretty much agree with ericj23’s thoughts above. While there is a good degree of overlap (esp. between the RYTM and Syntakt), their core strengths and sound are different enough to warrant owning both, or all three.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Thank you for your answers and opinions.

The digitone would then be more to vary the sounds (fm) and with polyphony.

Even if I can do fm with my other machines.

But the Elektron sequencer sublimates the sound compared to its possibilities.

Concerning the polyphony of the Syntakt, apparently a workaround is possible.

With an RK 002 midi cable.

What seems to be an advantage with the Syntakt, easier to create a sound fairly quickly.

Not sure that with the Digitone it's so simple, fm synthesis.

The Analog four MK2 is undoubtedly a superb musical instrument, but, it seems to me perhaps an idea on my part, the Syntakt easier to handle and to succeed in making a decent sound from the start.

The Analog Rhythm Mk2 and the Syntakt seem a good basic choice, perhaps adding the Digitone to it and later perhaps acquiring the Analog Four Mk2.

It's called RYTM and not Rhythm or Rythm...

I'd say go into your local and have a play with the Syntakt. You won't really know until you dive into it, but this should give you a pretty good clue about wether you like it or not.

TBH - reading your question, it sounds like you have already given the answer yourself ;)

(Also, the resale on the Syntakt is pretty good, so should be very minimal opportunity cost)

Thank you for your answers and opinions.

Too bad there is no update of the Analog Four MK2 with the two new Syntakt machines, because that would be fine.

The remark on how to write Rythm, a capital utility 😁😁😁

I'm thinking of taking the Syntakt.

Most certainly later the Analog Four MK2.

Rytm is the Swedish word for rhythm.

No worries 😊

A bit of a Elektron Fan Boy Here. Between the A4 and ST I would pick the ST without hesitation. I like the A4 a lot, and it's nice to have polyphony on an Elektron. But if that doesn't bother you, Syntakt is a lot like Digitakt in the way it's very streamlined and quick to use. The limited nature of the engines makes sound design very quick. And it also has the Dual VCO engine from the RYTM which is a beast in itself. Syntakt is still a new instrument and I would expect more engines to be released for it.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

So Syntakt got an update a few months back, introducing an Analog RAW engine, which I think was also added to the Rytm. Is it any good? I assume it is, being VCO rather than DCO as in the Analog Four MkII (which I have) or is there a lot of overlap? Anyway, there are many many options in the Syntakt which makes it super attractive, such as the analog effects. I just know that I'm going to buy all three eventually...

https://youtu.be/1b3pBkIvgm8

https://youtu.be/L3W51RfwDkw
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:43 pm So Syntakt got an update a few months back, introducing an Analog RAW engine, which I think was also added to the Rytm. Is it any good? I assume it is, being VCO rather than DCO as in the Analog Four MkII (which I have) or is there a lot of overlap? Anyway, there are many many options in the Syntakt which makes it super attractive, such as the analog effects. I just know that I'm going to buy all three eventually...
Personally speaking, while the RAW engine is very useful for quickly creating certain sounds, I must say that my love affair with the Dual VCO seems to have no end. By far my favourite. It's almost like it has different engines within the engine.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”