Dawesome LOVE Granular/Shimmer MultiFX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PatchAdamz wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:40 pm To all those wondering if they need this, ask yourself these questions:

Do I use atmospheres?
Do I make atmospheric music?
Do I like tweaked sounds?
Do I have the extra cash?
Does granular float my boat?

If you answered yes to 3 of these then maybe this is for you..... :party:
:hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

deleted

Schnickschnack wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:49 am How much did Quanta cost on sale?
not shure. i would guess $49

pekbro wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:35 pm I didn't like fragment, I did buy this. :tu:

*Of course, Arturia would never give as good of a deal as this, on fragment.
I don't know. I got Fragments for $29. Pretty much same as this. But I don't think Fragments has actually ever made it onto a mix. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't either, but I will trial it, as I like the idea. I have not been pulled by the Dawesome 'Kult' yet. The closest I came to buying was Kult.

Portal is my jam. It ends up on every track where granular makes any sense. I love Portal.

zvenx wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:48 pm I know not everyone's taste is warm and analogy and creamy and some people do really love a cold digital sound.
This is for them.
I have previously bought two of Dawesome's stuff (Novum and Kult) cause people kept raving about them and though they sounded cold and digital to me, I figured they would grow on me, they never did.
So I heard the audio demos here and said.. hmmm this sure sounds cold and digital to me, but I tried the demo yesterday, tried really hard to like it, but I know it will end up just like Novum and Kult, in the unused basket.

But I do appreciate how Dawesome is pushing DSP technology, just so far for me it isn't my cup of tea.

ymmv.

rsp
I’m definitely not a granular collector. Also haven’t purchased any other Dawesome stuff after trying them.

One plugin of this type is enough for me. Cold digital has a place in my music, less so atmospheric stuff. But I’ve been looking and trying all related plugins and this was my favorite so far. Portal was an almost, as was FRMS. Now I’ll stop looking. Don’t know how much use it’ll get, but, in combo with something like ShaperBox to give it movement, Love is a solid choice.

just an heads-up, deal wise: on top of the (already mentioned) free IK Tape24 deal with audio deluxe you'll get an extra $3.4 off with an automatic coupon code, making it $32 for both love _and_ Tape24.
sweet.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

What sold me in the intro video was the randomization feature.
Unfortunately, the dev Implemented it without the ability to lock individual parameters which makes randomization absolutely useless as you cannot control it. You can only lock the complete section but not a single parameter. What a shame..
Deleted

Well, I would have paid $40 just for the PADIFY pre-set- so much fun with a guitar, makes even me sound good...absolutely amazing, bargain of the year so far for me (and I have had a few from Traction!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

enCiphered wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:05 pm What sold me in the intro video was the randomization feature.
Unfortunately, the dev Implemented it without the ability to lock individual parameters which makes randomization absolutely useless as you cannot control it. You can only lock the complete section but not a single parameter. What a shame..
Deleted
the adult mode, is for locking individual parameters, to be found in the menu....

WasteLand wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:36 pm
enCiphered wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:05 pm What sold me in the intro video was the randomization feature.
Deleted
the adult mode, is for locking individual parameters, to be found in the menu....
No, its not possible. In the adult mode you can only lock the whole upper or lower section. Except I was missing another setting

enCiphered wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:43 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:36 pm
Deleted
No, its not possible. In the adult mode you can only lock the whole upper or lower section. Except I was missing another setting
it is per effect, not per parameter. in that way i was wrong.
but that is still different than locking whole upper or lower section.

you can lock per effect.

EDIT: o that is what you mean per section. ok. my bad.

In the upper section there is only one lock icon and it locks all 13 parameters or knobs.

Is there a way to lock wet/dry knob, I couldn't figure that out when I demoed it yesterday.
rsp
sound sculptist

No but wet dry is not affected by randomization.

enCiphered wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:54 pm In the upper section there is only one lock icon and it locks all 13 parameters or knobs.
it locks the granular effect you mean. well semantics, we say then.

Return to “Effects”