Dawesome LOVE Granular/Shimmer MultiFX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

enCiphered wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:01 pm No but wet dry is not affected by randomization.
ooh this wasn't about your issue :)
Sorry, your issue just reminded me I was to ask.
rsp
sound sculptist

idoru97214 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:56 pm
pekbro wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:35 pm I didn't like fragment, I did buy this. :tu:

*Of course, Arturia would never give as good of a deal as this, on fragment.
I don't know. I got Fragments for $29. Pretty much same as this. But I don't think Fragments has actually ever made it onto a mix. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't either, but I will trial it, as I like the idea. I have not been pulled by the Dawesome 'Kult' yet. The closest I came to buying was Kult.

Portal is my jam. It ends up on every track where granular makes any sense. I love Portal.
Hmm, I never saw fragments for $29, must have missed that. I might have bought it on a whim
for that price. :shrug:

i think that may have been intro price if you owned x amount of their plug ins?

vurt wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:36 pm i think that may have been intro price if you owned x amount of their plug ins?
Well I have only ever bought 1 of their plugins, tho I do have a couple freebies.
Likely I don't qualify for much. :lol:

vurt wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:36 pm i think that may have been intro price if you owned x amount of their plug ins?
Yes, this. Intro price for owning a ton of stuff.

idoru97214 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:28 am
Yes, this. Intro price for owning a ton of stuff.
I couldn't remember what I paid for Fragments and just checked... $29 March 2022. FYI I have their FX Collection 2, V Collection 8 and some preset packs and some single effects they had on low prices through the last few years.

I bought LOVE. Very nice if you like that kind of thing.

from the demos I find this a bit tame (or 'lush' if you prefer) and that reduces my interest. Can it go harsh?

neverbefore wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:50 am from the demos I find this a bit tame (or 'lush' if you prefer) and that reduces my interest. Can it go harsh?
play with the anti filter and robot mode
it's not too harsh of a plugin, but it can do some harsh-ish things
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

:tu: thanks
databroth wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:36 am
neverbefore wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:50 am from the demos I find this a bit tame (or 'lush' if you prefer) and that reduces my interest. Can it go harsh?
play with the anti filter and robot mode
it's not too harsh of a plugin, but it can do some harsh-ish things

nanostream wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:50 pm Looks tempting, but I already own the two big ones — Fragments and Portal — as well as a lot of smaller granular tools built with Reaktor or M4L. Any reason I should get this? Is there a standout feature which makes LOVE unique?
Its made with LOVE (sells better than SEX...). Dawesome is always different, you simply know it if you own any of his synths...

Are the effects at bottom parallel or series? And if series, what order are they in?

Synthient Sound wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:34 am Are the effects at bottom parallel or series? And if series, what order are they in?
in series, and the order that you see.

it is a WYSIWYG effect.

Dude that thing is incredible, you can feed it anything and will create a beautiful soundscape.
I just fed it with a signal from Reaktor sound generator that is stacked with simple wave forms, resonators and ring mod (Ghostengine ens.) turned a couple of knobs on Love plugin (the shimmer cranked up the wet and one octave down), all jitters up a lot and that thing created the most beautiful soundscape just from a bank of sine waves with random pitch settings on each.
If you are ambient producer forget Fragments, this is it.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Fragments is very good too, just don't drive it too hard ( input ) I love that they sound completely different.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

I'm using LOVE as the new go to for background elements like pads / soundscapes / textures and then using either Fragments or Portal on things like arps or other melodies. All 3 are capable of both, but I think that's where their strengths lie.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Return to “Effects”