What's going on with Soundspot??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:19 pmIt has a sound that really works for me. I think it might be in the distortion algorithms
Yes, distortion works well in all Soundspot plugins.
It worked so well in their first reverb, they put it in everything after.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

BONES wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:34 am I had a quick play around with WaveOSC yesterday and it's very definitely Union 1.2. I think the workflow is improved but that's as far as the changes go. I'm going to start using it in place of Union and see how it goes.
Note that Union can no longer be installed and activated. It requires an internet connection to the SoundSpot servers, which no longer exist. If you still want to access old projects in the future (ie after moving to a new computer) I would recommend replacing Union with WaveOSC now.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I installed Union on my new laptop two weeks ago without any dramas whatsoever.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

pough wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:35 pm
BONES wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:34 am I had a quick play around with WaveOSC yesterday and it's very definitely Union 1.2. I think the workflow is improved but that's as far as the changes go. I'm going to start using it in place of Union and see how it goes.
Note that Union can no longer be installed and activated. It requires an internet connection to the SoundSpot servers, which no longer exist. If you still want to access old projects in the future (ie after moving to a new computer) I would recommend replacing Union with WaveOSC now.
If you bought it via Plugin Boutique, their newest version (1.0.3) has an license installer within the
zip they supply that authorizes it.

Yeah, that's how it worked for me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Appreciate it. The 1.0.3 download from 2020 doesn't include the license installer.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Baby audio acquired Denise audio so guess there is something in the pipeline from that too.

How does updating from Union to WaveOSC work? I own Union, but don’t find it in my Plugin Boutique purchases, thus I think I got it directly from Soundspot. I contacted Plugin Boutique support, but they didn’t respond.
Any ideas how to get the coupon?

There was a banner ad on the WaveOSC page with a promo code that gets you WaveOSC for $10. I just checked and it's not there now, so you may have missed the window, for now. I'm sure it will be $10 again soon enough.

BONES wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:25 pm There was a banner ad on the WaveOSC page with a promo code that gets you WaveOSC for $10. I just checked and it's not there now, so you may have missed the window, for now. I'm sure it will be $10 again soon enough.
Thanks! Apparently I missed this. There is no hurry, I can wait for the next $10 or less promo.

I contacted Plugin Boutique regarding the plugins I got direct from Soundspot and they sent me some voucher codes, so it's worth a try if you have copies of your original purchase receipts. I was told the codes expire 17th November.

jasco wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:09 pm I contacted Plugin Boutique regarding the plugins I got direct from Soundspot and they sent me some voucher codes, so it's worth a try if you have copies of your original purchase receipts. I was told the codes expire 17th November.
Thanks, then I will try a 3rd time to contact Plugin Boutique support, this time with receipts attached. Without receipt they do not even respond, at least in my case, although I bought quite a lot from them (however, most of the time when they offered a deal ;-), but I think this applies to others as well).

Yeah, well, it turns out none of these new things work if you uninstall Beatport so I won't be using them.

I contacted Plugin Boutique and told them I'd uninstalled Beatport and they seemed to appreciate the feedback. They said they were "trialling" it, so if you shoot them an email telling them how unhappy you are with the situation, they might change it.

Because I don't care for the Beatport Access requirement and because it can't load my Union presets, I've decided to pass on upgrading to WaveOSC. If anyone wants to use my PB coupon code (expires 11/16) to get it for $9, here it is: aq28bl76

(I'm pretty sure this is a one-time use code so please reply if you've used it so others don't waste their time trying.)

Knowing PB, it'll probably go on sale for $5 or be given away as a freebie within the next year anyway-- hopefully, without the need for Beatport Access.

Return to “Instruments”