Cytomic CF100 Discrete OTA JH VCF for VCVRack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Henry Von Wilheimer wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:38 am Oh yes, I'm really happy you plan on taking the idea of randomization/editing of internal parameters to higher levels in the future. The depth of The Scream in that way is amazing. Having some form of that on all your modules in the future would be a dream, even on things like modelled VCAs.
Yeah, I think this will be the best way to practically demonstrate the full detail I'm going into with my models. I'll most likely keep this sort of in depth editing for my own plugins, as doing full schematic based editing inside something like VCV Rack would take a lot of work, and there just isn't enough of a market to justify the cost of re-coding everything when I've already done the work for my own plugins.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Here are some fantastic sounds from Omri Cohen putting the CF100 through its paces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-6yHgY81k

Congrats Andy!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

awesome sound

I've updated the CF100 to v2.0.5 - it should be available soon in the VCV Library. It now has the following right click options:
  • Boost Input - Off, +6dB, and +12 dB. This changes the input level just like moving the DRIVE knob but allows for extra gain
  • Boost Output - Off, +6 dB, and +12 dB. This places gain between the output of each of the filters stages and an Op-Amp that clips to the voltage rails. Increase this for post filter distortion.
  • Circuit - AC JH, DC JH, DC Datasheet. The AC version is for audio, the DC versions can be used for either CV or Audio. The JH is the original CF100, and the Datasheet version is based on the schematic shown in the SSI2140 datasheet.
  • Noise Level - Off, Input only, 50%, 100%, 150%, 200%. Analog modelled thermal hiss. 100% is true to the analog circuit.
  • PNP BF - 40, 400, 4k. Forward beta value of the PNP transistors used in the circuit. 40 gives more 2nd order harmonics, 400 is the default, and 4k reduces 2nd order harmonics.
  • Oversampling - Off, x2, x4. The oversampling multiplier to increase the sample rate used by the module internally, which reduces aliasing and gives stronger resonance
  • Knob LED Brightness - Off, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%

The LA67 Maca Eurorack filter arrived, which uses the SSI2140, which is the filter circuit the CF100 is based on. I've now been able to make a comparison video like I usually do, where the CF100 is switched to the DC coupled datasheet circuit model:

https://youtu.be/wVYYDvAXEjY

You sure know your DSP.

rsp
sound sculptist

Please can you update your modules to m1 Mac version? I bought it but I can't use it (I would buy also the other filter if it is compatibile with m1)

Bruno93 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:04 pm Please can you update your modules to m1 Mac version? I bought it but I can't use it (I would buy also the other filter if it is compatibile with m1)
The CF100 v2.0.6 supports both Intel and Apple Silicon binaries on macOS and is already in the Library. What seems to be the trouble?

Thank you very much Andy, today it is downloading it! :) I was sure it was not updated because I contacted VCV and they said me that a lot of companies have to update their modules! (yesterday I checked too and it wasn't available in my library, instead I had it on the VCV site library)
I go to try it :)

I really like your filters(I bought the wasp too)!! you should make a VCO.

Bruno93 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:12 pm I really like your filters(I bought the wasp too)!! you should make a VCO.
Thanks! Yes, I should make some VCOs, and some VCAs, and… well basically accurate analog models of everything in the signal chain right :o

I would love a 259/292 combo from you, but also a more traditional oscillator "moog/roland style" (discrete transistor vca would be cool too)

andy-cytomic wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:40 am
Bruno93 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:12 pm I really like your filters(I bought the wasp too)!! you should make a VCO.
Thanks! Yes, I should make some VCOs, and some VCAs, and… well basically accurate analog models of everything in the signal chain right :o
I'd dig a combined VCO+LFO and maybe one or more VCAs [to add to the filters you've already done]. No need to waste your talents on CV signal generators unless you really don't like things such as the available envelope options. Just my two cents.

...although, I definitely also wouldn't say no to a combined Envelope+VCA. Just to save some modules.

andy-cytomic wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:40 am
Which VCOs and VCAs currently in VCV Rack do you feel approaches the level of your filters?

I was having a debate with some people who assert that the level of your filter modeling is achievable within the Bitwig grid environment and / or via Max ~gen programming. I couldn’t find any info regarding analog filter modeling in gen, but don’t believe it’s possible in the grid. Could you briefly elaborate on whether it’s possible?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”