Monster Octachord: contact form on website not working (firefox and chrome), midi out ?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I wanted to ask this first per contact form on your website, but as this is not working I will have to ask in here:

as nice as the idea is in general but as "songmaker" it would be useless (at least for me) without midi out and from the video it dont look like it has ? And I really dont want to dowload 5 GB just to see I am depending on the included sounds....

As I said, in general I love that kind of stuff, it looks nice, seem to be easy to use, but.... :-).

Maybe if it does not have you can take these as a request :-)

EDIT: download does not work either, to many downloads it seems.....

Ok, I tested it now, as I supposed: no midi out :-(.

So this is defenitely a request to put out the chords as midi.

Another one to make this much more useable: the way it is now it only "lists" the available chords and the "preset" is only the audio it plays, but the midi is all the same (just the chords).

It would be much better to have really (midi) chord progressions representing the presets/style.

And maybe a version with "midi only", cause to be honest I am really not that much impressed from the audio instruments and wont need them but a chord progression generator which produces midi in this (easy) way, maybe with a randomizer to generat a randomn progression would be really appreciated.

And of course could be used for all your existing/coming audio libraries too.....

This is a HUGE download, almost 5 gigs. It took 2 download attempts. I thought it was a riff generator, but it's chords attached to (I guess) sampled instruments. There's quite a lot of them and really HQ. Basically you choose your song key and only notes for that key will sound. This would be so helpful in a DAW. Set the key in the Piano Roll and only notes for that key be highlighted.(FL doesn't do this AFAIK)

osiris wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:13 pm This is a HUGE download, almost 5 gigs. It took 2 download attempts. I thought it was a riff generator, but it's chords attached to (I guess) sampled instruments. There's quite a lot of them and really HQ. Basically you choose your song key and only notes for that key will sound. This would be so helpful in a DAW. Set the key in the Piano Roll and only notes for that key be highlighted.(FL doesn't do this AFAIK)
Wonder if you could imagine just making a song with ONLY Octachord ?

Cause without midiout you wont be able to use it with any other vst/instrument/library. And as you mentioned it only creates chords and they are the SAME with all presets, only thing that changes are the samples they play. No chord progressions, no sequencing, no riffs, no arps.......

Your conclusion not very clear for me to be honest ?

My conclusion is it's very helpful with the chord wheel and nice not to have to do all the little chord work. This is for learning chord progressions but won't make them. But it will let you make them and won't let you put a wrong note in there by accident. I don't think it's intention was to be used with other VSTs, but it would be nice. The instruments are Maize Sampler files. (,mse)

Hi everyone, thank you for showing interest in my plugin. I sincerely appreciate it!

I apologize for the email issue. I have been searching for a solution, but haven't found one yet. However, I do respond to comments on my website (I just replied to some recently) and through my social media accounts.

I have already written about the reasons behind the current size of OctaChord and why it doesn't have a MIDI-OUT feature on the download page. (I want this feature badly as well.) In case you missed it, I have attached a screenshot here:
Why The Size of MONSTER OctaChord is So Big.png
While I understand your desire for future versions with specific features, I cannot make any promises. As I mentioned before, I am doing this as a hobby and creating this plugin during my free time between working on music projects for my clients.

Some of you might suggest that I switch to programming software that offers those capabilities. However, it's important to note that learning new programming software is not easy. It takes years, even for professional programmers.

Just so you know, I have already started learning new programming software. However, it will take some time before I can fulfill your wishes. I kindly ask for your patience in this matter.

Once again, thank you for your interest and suggestions. They are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Agus Hardiman from MonsterDAW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tatanka wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:16 pm EDIT: download does not work either, to many downloads it seems.....
In the past, I have used hosting services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Megadrive, Mediafire, and several others. I even paid for some of them instead of using the free services. However, they always had limitations on the bandwidth for downloading (despite claiming their paid service was unlimited).

I have already set up four different servers for Monster OctaChord, including two that I pay for on a monthly basis, but I still encounter download limits.

Therefore, I suggest that people try downloading it at another time. I apologize for this inconvenience, but I don't know of any other solution at the moment. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to reply to this message. 🙏🏻

Note: I have given away my 12 plugins for free, but I still have expenses such as website maintenance, domain name, and host files. By the way, I'm not complaining; I simply wanted to share the challenges I have faced in making my plugins available. I am not blaming anyone; it was my decision not to sell my plugin.

Hi AgusHardiman,

thanks for joining in here and giving some anwers :clap:

Download worked now after some attempts.

I hope you really dont get me wrong, I really appreciate your work and love the general idea.

As the instruments are maize sample files I would assume the instrument is maize sampler as well ? Maybe some experts in here have an idea if midi out with maize is possible in general ? I have not seen any maize sampler instrument with midi out so maybe not.

And as your are really doing a great work with all that free instruments and especially in some niche corners where it is hard to find anyhting, really appreciated :clap:

I ownly thought that it could be so much more with midi out, even for all your other instruments. I think Ocatchord with midi out AND all your libraries are really all you need to get started.

But even as it is now is, as someone said before, a great thing to learn something about chords and just have a simple start.

So for me its definitely worth 5 points, of course would be wonderful if there could be any solution for the midi out.

^Why not just convert the audio to midi after you record the audio?

tatanka wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 pm Hi AgusHardiman,

thanks for joining in here and giving some anwers :clap:

Download worked now after some attempts.
Cool !
tatanka wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 pm I hope you really dont get me wrong, I really appreciate your work and love the general idea.
Of course not, I know you mean well and thanks for the attention to my plugin 🙏🏻
tatanka wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 pm As the instruments are maize sample files I would assume the instrument is maize sampler as well ? Maybe some experts in here have an idea if midi out with maize is possible in general ? I have not seen any maize sampler instrument with midi out so maybe not.
Yeah, sadly, it's not possible (I'm multiple times asking the Maize's developer to incorporate this, but I think this is not easy for them to implement).
tatanka wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 pmAnd as you are really doing great work with all that free instruments and especially in some niche corners where it is hard to find anything, really appreciated :clap:

I only thought that it could be so much more with midi out, even for all your other instruments. I think Ocatchord with midi out AND all your libraries are really all you need to get started.

But even as it is now, as someone said before, a great thing to learn something about chords and just have a simple start.

So for me its definitely worth 5 points, of course, would be wonderful if there could be any solution for the midi out.
Thank you again! As a music producer, that MIDI-OUT capability is one of my top wishlists. But since Maize can't, either I have to postpone the idea of OctaChord until I learn a new programming language (takes years) or I just do it and make it (and I choose the latter) 😃

And that's why I postponed this creation ( I made this 1 year ago before OctaChord) because this will be a bigger size than OctaChord and no MIDI-OUT :
MONSTER X-Jam.png
I'm in the process of learning a new programming language but as I'm not a full-time programmer, it will take maybe 1-2 years to even learn the basics (I do keep all these thread suggestions in my mind)

Regards,
Agus Hardiman of MonsterDAW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AgusHardiman on Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't know whether this has been suggested:
Separate menus for chords and ornaments in order to mix/match;
Extend ornaments range;
Implement additional free range mode for ornaments (all notes of scale playable);
Possibly implement prev/next buttons for menus so they don't have to be opened in order to get to the next item;
Get plugin to recall path to library folder.

Musical Gym wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:12 pm I don't know whether this has been suggested:
Separate menus for chords and ornaments in order to mix/match;
Extend ornaments range;
Implement additional free range mode for ornaments (all notes of scale playable);
Possibly implement prev/next buttons for menus so they don't have to be opened in order to get to the next item;
Get plugin to recall path to library folder.
Thanks for the suggestions! What I have now in OctaChord is my programming language's barrier (What you suggest is not available in my current programming software).
I hope someday I can incorporate your idea (it's my idea too btw) 🙏🏻

Thanks, those things would be nice but not really necessary.
Thanks for being so generous.

I was trying to download Guitar, Bass, Golden Piano, Drums, and Voxana, but I was getting Unsafe Links pop-ups. The instruments before those were not problematic. I tried to proceed to one of the "dangerous" sites but had no success.
I tried to use the contact form on your site but it wasn't working.

Musical Gym wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:08 am I was trying to download Guitar, Bass, Golden Piano, Drums, and Voxana, but I was getting Unsafe Links pop-ups. The instruments before those were not problematic. I tried to proceed to one of the "dangerous" sites but had no success.
I tried to use the contact form on your site but it wasn't working.
Yeah, it's hard for me as a legit developer because every file hosting service on this earth had been used by crackers/hackers to upload their crack files and me, who upload legit software suffered because every file hosting service (GoogleDrive, Contabo, MediaFire etc) marked as unsafe (even though mine is not).

To pay for my own server is very expensive since I give my plugins for free (I do pay monthly to GoogleDrive and Contabo).

Right now I don't have any solution other than using a different browser, or try using VPN and trying every trick to get the files.

Sorry for that !
Note: My plugins have been download thousand times and if you check youtube and search "monster drum", monster guitar" etc, there are many videos of random youtubers

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”