What KVR Developer Challenge 2023 Entries Did You Have Trouble Downloading?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Note: I had to edit this post because in some cases the download
"problem" was fixed.

Yay, the KVR Developer Challenge 2023 is here. I almost did not stumble upon it.

Anyways, I was able to download 17 out of 24 entries.
Note: my computer is over 20 years old. It is run by Windows XP.

I had trouble downloading these 7 others:

1. ForkHz - No problem downloading this anymore.

2. HyperStoniK - No problem downloading this anymore. Plus, I got
the plugin running in Reaper.

3. MONSTER OctaChord v1 - No problem downloading this now.
It's the biggest file to download in the kvr developer challenge so far
but that's okay.

4. Noizier - My old Windows XP computer can't see the "Assets" at Github.
- I might try downloading it using other people's newer computers

5. Northern Trumpets - The developer adapted this to work in the free
sampler Sforzando. It's not just for Kontakt anymore. No problem
downloading it anymore. It's a pretty big file but that's okay.

6. Roundels - Goldarn it, there is no Windows version.
- Based on the entry's description, I would probably have voted for it for first place.
-This is the kind of software I hunt for.

7. Subsim - Web-based only? No standalone version to download?

Okay, so, I'm off to unzip the ones I was able to download, and start testing them. Bye then :)
Last edited by harryupbabble on Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:39 pm Note: my computer is over 20 years old. It is run by Windows XP.
Curious to know if when the first KVR DC happened ('06) whether there were people struggling to download and run the plugins on their MS-DOS v3 machines :D

You can remove Forkhz from the list and I deleted the registration, I see that many read it cause discomfort so in terms of downloading they are only one click away :)

Hello. I am the developer of Northern Trumpets.
This library is designed for the full version of Kontakt, and if you don't have the full retail version of Kontakt installed, you won't be able to test this library. The free Kontakt Player is not supported, and I can explain why, but that's a separate topic for discussion.

However, there are two good news: First, I have already adapted the Northern Trumpets library for the free samplers Sforzando and Aria Player. You can download Northern Trumpets SFZ for free and get more information here:
https://vgtrumpet.com/product/northern-trumpets-sfz/
I should note that the free samplers Sforzando and Aria Player are significantly limited in their capabilities compared to Kontakt. In the Northern Trumpets SFZ library, I was only able to implement about 30% of the features available in the full Kontakt. However, the sound quality remains high, and the instrument remains highly playable, suitable for live performances and studio work.

And the second news - today is the last day of the 50% off sale on Native Instruments, so there's a chance to get the full Kontakt at half the price.

Vlad77 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:42 am And the second news - today is the last day of the 50% off sale on Native Instruments, so there's a chance to get the full Kontakt at half the price.
Guess he'll have to hope they can sell him the early builds of Kontakt 5 for his XP machine too :D

callybeat wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:21 am You can remove Forkhz from the list and I deleted the registration, I see that many read it cause discomfort so in terms of downloading they are only one click away :)
thank very much for that. good luck in the challenge :tu:

Vlad77 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:42 am Hello. I am the developer of Northern Trumpets.
This library is designed for the full version of Kontakt, and if you don't have the full retail version of Kontakt installed, you won't be able to test this library. The free Kontakt Player is not supported, and I can explain why, but that's a separate topic for discussion.

However, there are two good news: First, I have already adapted the Northern Trumpets library for the free samplers Sforzando and Aria Player. You can download Northern Trumpets SFZ for free and get more information here:
https://vgtrumpet.com/product/northern-trumpets-sfz/
I should note that the free samplers Sforzando and Aria Player are significantly limited in their capabilities compared to Kontakt. In the Northern Trumpets SFZ library, I was only able to implement about 30% of the features available in the full Kontakt. However, the sound quality remains high, and the instrument remains highly playable, suitable for live performances and studio work.

And the second news - today is the last day of the 50% off sale on Native Instruments, so there's a chance to get the full Kontakt at half the price.

thank you for adapting northern trumpets to be testable in the free sforzando sfz player. i forgot i even have that but i do. i might have had a hard time doing the adaptation for it myself, so thanks again. :tu:

mcbpete wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:19 pm
Vlad77 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:42 am And the second news - today is the last day of the 50% off sale on Native Instruments, so there's a chance to get the full Kontakt at half the price.
Guess he'll have to hope they can sell him the early builds of Kontakt 5 for his XP machine too :D
haha no need. i have sforzando and the developer did state that northern trumpets will be somewhat functional with it.

hey, windows xp is superb. i heard that the newer windows are kind of bad in some ways compared to xp. i heard that the newer windows fixed a lot of "unbroken" issues just to appear that it was making progress. :lol:

Gosh, harry- even I had to bite my tongue and install Win 7 after my XP machine's mobo died in 2011.
Mind you, my "splurgey tower" replacement build is still getting the job done today, even if its i7 (from 2011) is no longer jaw-droppingly fast ;)
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

harryupbabble wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:39 pm 3. MONSTER OctaChord v1 - Requires a Google Drive account?
Hi, I'm the maker of Monster OctaChord.
I have put two other server, haven't you checked? It's MediaFire and Contabo, besides GoogleDrive.

In the past, I have used hosting services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Megadrive, Mediafire, and several others. I even paid for some of them instead of using the free services. However, they always had limitations on the bandwidth for downloading (despite claiming their paid service was unlimited).

I have already set up four different servers for Monster OctaChord, including two that I pay for on a monthly basis, but I still encounter download limits.

Therefore, I suggest that people try downloading it at another time. I apologize for this inconvenience, but I don't know of any other solution at the moment. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to reply to this message. 🙏🏻

Note: I have given away my 12 plugins for free, but I still have expenses such as website maintenance, domain name, and host files. By the way, I'm not complaining; I simply wanted to share the challenges I have faced in making my plugins available. I am not blaming anyone; it was my decision not to sell my plugin.

Regards,
Agus Hardiman of MonsterDAW

AgusHardiman wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:58 am
harryupbabble wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:39 pm 3. MONSTER OctaChord v1 - Requires a Google Drive account?
Hi, I'm the maker of Monster OctaChord.
I have put two other server, haven't you checked? It's MediaFire and Contabo, besides GoogleDrive.

In the past, I have used hosting services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Megadrive, Mediafire, and several others. I even paid for some of them instead of using the free services. However, they always had limitations on the bandwidth for downloading (despite claiming their paid service was unlimited).

I have already set up four different servers for Monster OctaChord, including two that I pay for on a monthly basis, but I still encounter download limits.

Therefore, I suggest that people try downloading it at another time. I apologize for this inconvenience, but I don't know of any other solution at the moment. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to reply to this message. 🙏🏻

Note: I have given away my 12 plugins for free, but I still have expenses such as website maintenance, domain name, and host files. By the way, I'm not complaining; I simply wanted to share the challenges I have faced in making my plugins available. I am not blaming anyone; it was my decision not to sell my plugin.

Regards,
Agus Hardiman of MonsterDAW
hello agus, i checked the kvr deveoper challenge page again and yes MonsterDAW is downloadable now from my end. i clicked the mediafire link. thanks very much. :tu:

ccDuckett wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:46 pm Gosh, harry- even I had to bite my tongue and install Win 7 after my XP machine's mobo died in 2011.
Mind you, my "splurgey tower" replacement build is still getting the job done today, even if its i7 (from 2011) is no longer jaw-droppingly fast ;)
i've been expecting my two donated windows xp computers to
die for almost a decade now but they just keep going.

if they do die, i would probably somehow obtain something
like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Refurbished-Opti ... 267&sr=8-3

the cpu and ram are so much better than what i have now. it is run by windows xp and it should run superfast. newer windows operating
systems gets more bloated the newer they are? and microsoft gets more intrusive as time goes on, slowing things?

harryupbabble wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:31 pm the cpu and ram are so much better than what i have now. it is run by windows xp and it should run superfast. newer windows operating
systems gets more bloated the newer they are? and microsoft gets more intrusive as time goes on, slowing things?
That's true - at least in general. And that is exactly the reason why many musicians
have gone to the Linux platform. And that seems to work well too.
:)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

harryupbabble wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:06 pm hello agus, i checked the kvr deveoper challenge page again and yes MonsterDAW is downloadable now from my end. i clicked the mediafire link. thanks very much. :tu:
Ok cool !

I'm on Windows 11 but I only use 32 bit hosts so I didn't download anything but the modular synth standalone one and I checked out the sub webpage.

So I guess my non -64 bit votes will go to them.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”