KVR Developer Challenge 2023 - offering assistance with Mac builds

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great work everyone, looks like a fantastic set of plugins this year.

So I'm a Mac based developer, and just wanted to offer assistance to anyone that would like to have a Mac build of their entry !

I've been quite happy to do this for a number of Windows developers(including one of the entries in this comp), and my only motivation is to increase the range of plugins available on the Mac platform.

If you're interested, please reply here and/or get in touch and let's make it happen!

Hello friend! I love your idea, in fact I have a very good idea of how to compile my vsts on mac, only due to lack of funds I have not been able to acquire a mac computer to compile. The problem I see is that I cannot I could solve bugs in the Mac version and I don't know if that could create more problems than offer a good experience to Mac users. I think that what you are offering is a great help :clap:

the roundels entry is for mac only. can you make a windows version of that please? or did i completely misunderstood your topic title. if so... ooops.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Cool. My plugin is CMake/JUCE/Clang based. I won't say that it will work out of the box but it shouldn't be hard. It will need Clang14 or higher:
https://github.com/rafagago/artv-audio

Feel free to open an issue/MR.

Edit: Well, in reality there are two plugins on that monorepo. Turbopaco is the one. The CMakeLists is a bit messy.

callybeat wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:53 am Hello friend! I love your idea, in fact I have a very good idea of how to compile my vsts on mac, only due to lack of funds I have not been able to acquire a mac computer to compile. The problem I see is that I cannot I could solve bugs in the Mac version and I don't know if that could create more problems than offer a good experience to Mac users. I think that what you are offering is a great help :clap:
From what I've seen, once I get a Mac build working of a plugin, there generally isn't any Mac only issues (apart from people running really old versions of MacOS). If you want me to give it a go, let me know!

harryupbabble wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:49 pm the roundels entry is for mac only. can you make a windows version of that please? or did i completely misunderstood your topic title. if so... ooops.
Yeah I'm doing the reverse, making Mac builds for Windows only plugins! Sorry about that!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
rafa1981 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:13 pm Cool. My plugin is CMake/JUCE/Clang based. I won't say that it will work out of the box but it shouldn't be hard. It will need Clang14 or higher:
https://github.com/rafagago/artv-audio (https://github.com/rafagago/artv-audio)

Feel free to open an issue/MR.

Edit: Well, in reality there are two plugins on that monorepo. Turbopaco is the one. The CMakeLists is a bit messy.
I'll see how I go! I haven't worked with Clang much, it will be a learning experience!

Thanks!

I think that Clang is the default compiler on Mac, but I don't know much more...

You can more or less see how it's built on the cmake.yml file for the github pipelines. As a start I think that you will have to define AU as a target on CMake and the compile the turbopaco_AU target or something similar. Don't build the "all" target, it might take long.

I don't know if JUCE requires additional dependencies as it does in Linux, but not in Windows.

Thanks for the offer. The source code for AFEQ is available on GitHub. It's based on JUCE and hopefully will build out of the box. If you run into any problems let me know.

pelennor wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:40 am
callybeat wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:53 am Hello friend! I love your idea, in fact I have a very good idea of how to compile my vsts on mac, only due to lack of funds I have not been able to acquire a mac computer to compile. The problem I see is that I cannot I could solve bugs in the Mac version and I don't know if that could create more problems than offer a good experience to Mac users. I think that what you are offering is a great help :clap:
From what I've seen, once I get a Mac build working of a plugin, there generally isn't any Mac only issues (apart from people running really old versions of MacOS). If you want me to give it a go, let me know!
Excellent, I am sending you the data so that you can do magic with your talented friend, I think I can attach some instructions to make the job easier :tu:

Hello, would it be possible to cooperate with you even on plugins which are not among Developer Challenge entries? I am developer behind https://www.kvraudio.com/developer/linda-audio, already released some plugins for Windows, but struggling to go through Mac build pipeline and get everything to work properly. I use iPlug wdl-ol framework for my plugins, so a lot of things is prepared, but still some scripts have to be setup.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”