Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.66 Free Update

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Please welcome yet another free update for Blue Cat's PatchWork!

What's New:
- Drag and drop macro parameters to change order / insert / copy.
- Macro Parameters & params assignments can now be saved and copied/pasted.
- The "Remove" macro command now removes the currently selected macro parameter instead of the last one.
- Macro LEARN mode is now disabled automatically when the Params Map Editor is closed.
- AAX plug-in now reports the recording status to hosted plug-ins (in recent versions of Pro Tools that support it).
- Synchronize multiple MIDI controllers: when "all channels" (0) is used for MIDI input control and "send MIDI events when parameters values change" is active, the plug-in now sends MIDI events to all other channels.
- Updated parameters layout for GUI-less plug-ins to accomodate plug-ins with multiple parameters.
- GUI-less plug-ins generic editor now follows PatchWork's zoom level.
- Improved plug-in loading time.
- Fixed a crash when opening the editor of a VST2 GUI-less plug-in that uses non-unicode encoding in its parameters (piz-midi plug-ins).
- Fixed plug-in slots display issue on Mac OS 10.9.
- Fixed plug-in slot menu issues when loading plug-ins with more than 22380 parameters on Windows.

Enjoy!

[original announcement]

How does the "Drag and Drop Macros" work? As I drag/drop it erases the macro.

I guess you want to move a macro to another position, right? Simply move between two others:

And if you want to copy it (instead of moving it), hold the CTRL or Alt key (depending if you are on Window or Mac), just like any other drag and drop system operation.

OK. I was dropping it directly onto a slot. Seems fine now. Thanks!

BTW, Patchwork is coming along beautifully!

Rodulf wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:28 pm BTW, Patchwork is coming along beautifully!
Thanks!

I was just thinking...what if Patchwork had its own analyzer? Like MB7? A frequency display able to be switched from input to output? Just a thought.

Rodulf wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:32 pm I was just thinking...what if Patchwork had its own analyzer? Like MB7? A frequency display able to be switched from input to output? Just a thought.
Well, there is already one built into the EQ plug-in, that you can place it anywhere in the chain:

Great update esp the re-order functionality. I'm not sure how to change color of plugins? Does it require creating a new theme?

Also, for a future update, it would be great if it was possible for PW could index/load plugins via drop-down rather than using load dialog box. This would make loading plugins a lot faster. Thanks!

Left click on plugin. You will find the color control there.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:21 pm I guess you want to move a macro to another position, right? Simply move between two others:

And if you want to copy it (instead of moving it), hold the CTRL or Alt key (depending if you are on Window or Mac), just like any other drag and drop system operation.
wow this is a very cool utility,

1 is it possible to add on off switches instead of knobs, like a guitar pedal?

2 also I was curious to know if you can open more then one stand lone patchwork to copy for example the plugs from the post section of one to another instead of one by one.

Britishboxer wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:40 pm wow this is a very cool utility,
Thanks!
1 is it possible to add on off switches instead of knobs, like a guitar pedal?
Not yet but that's definitely in the plans!
2 also I was curious to know if you can open more then one stand lone patchwork to copy for example the plugs from the post section of one to another instead of one by one.
It's not possible to copy/paste an entire chain at once but it will probably be added in the future (it is already available in most our other plug-ins that can load plug-ins)

While we're at it ... one thing to mention about PW (besides its genius workflow and functions): it loads plugins Ableton Live can't find, thus won't load 'em. Waves CR8 sampler in my case. :clap:

elassi wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:02 pm While we're at it ... one thing to mention about PW (besides its genius workflow and functions): it loads plugins Ableton Live can't find, thus won't load 'em. Waves CR8 sampler in my case. :clap:
That's good to know, thanks!

Loving the plugin, loving the updates. The problem is, I am creating the mother of all channel strips using Patchwork that I control with my external controllers. Unfortunately I hit the max 40 controls quite quickly. Is it easy to increase this? I could do with... dunno. Around 200? More? What's stopping it just being a many until the computer sets fire to itself? Is it a coding thing? (Seriously, I'd like to know so I can stop dreaming that it could be possible.)

I'm not even kidding, because it's great to click one instance of Patchwork and have my entire default channel plugins come up in one fell swoop. There are several, and outside of Patchwork I can control every parameter with external controllers...

Cheers

Bev

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”