IK Multimedia AXE I/O Drivers and Control Software

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, this is my bad....after previous bad experiences with IK, I swore I would not purchase any more of their hardware. I should have trusted my gut. And I should
have done some research before throwing my money away.

I've purchased used interfaces from every company that makes them. ALL other companies host drivers for their interfaces on their sites and they are freely downloadable. Not IK. I bought an AXE I/O used from someone that was not the original owner.....only to find out that IK will not allow users to download drivers for their products without registering the hardware. Nice. Punish your customers. Since the seller was not the original owner he could not provide me with either the serial#, (which was likely already used anyway!), or the AXE I/O Drivers and Control Software. So I've apparently just bought an expensive paperweight. Good for nothing but the landfill. I have, of course, opened a support ticket with IK but, as many of you know....the hard way, that might not come to anything. So.....I'm asking. Are there any AXE I/O users here that would be willing to share the Drivers and Control Software?

Thanks in Advance!!

Cheers.......CL :clown:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Well.....I was finally able to get my AXE I/O up running. No thanks to IK support, (and no big surprise there!). A kind member on another audio forum shared the drivers and control panel software with me. I will NEVER make the mistake of buying any IK hardware again.

It's REALLY shady that they do no have the serial number printed, etched, or whatever, marked directly on the unit. A lot of companies embed julian date codes into their serial numbers, so they can be traced to manufacturing information; lot numbers, day of production, machining lines, sequential numbering during that day. Say they have some electrical defective component part and they start catching fire, as an example. That sn# data can be used for traceability.

People lose purchase receipts, invoices, and little documents like these. No SN#, Documents, or a stamped build date; means without them they can get out of repairing or replacing them unless you jump through hoops. Companies like Sweetwater even include unit serial numbers printed on their invoices and packing slips.

CapnLockheed wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:36 pm Not IK. I bought an AXE I/O used from someone that was not the original owner.....only to find out that IK will not allow users to download drivers for their products without registering the hardware.
transfer fees for hardware = get to eff jeff.

vurt wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:24 pm
CapnLockheed wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:36 pm Not IK. I bought an AXE I/O used from someone that was not the original owner.....only to find out that IK will not allow users to download drivers for their products without registering the hardware.
transfer fees for hardware = get to eff jeff.
I know right?? :roll: Given their lack of support and draconian policies
it's a wonder they're still in business.

hello,

I'm in a similar situation, I also bought this device used and now I cannot register, hence I cannot download the drivers....

would someone be so kind to send me the driver in PM?

Thank you!
http://sentire.me

_.|| _. _ _
\/\/(_|||(_|(_ (/_

wallace wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:28 am hello,

I'm in a similar situation, I also bought this device used and now I cannot register, hence I cannot download the drivers....

Thank you!
Do you have the full AXE I/O or AXE I/O Solo? They don't use the same driver/control panel.

[quote=CapnLockheed post_id=8739517 time=1693926550 user_id=2039]
[quote=wallace post_id=8738198 time=1693729701 user_id=33957]
hello,

Thank you!
[/quote]

Do you have the full AXE I/O or AXE I/O Solo? They don't use the same driver/control panel.
[/quote]

I had the Solo, but now I sent it back and decided for another soundcard.
Thank you anyway!
http://sentire.me

_.|| _. _ _
\/\/(_|||(_|(_ (/_

Hi,
I have the same problem with a recently bought *brand new* AXE I/O. Support doesn't respond. :x
If someone can send me a Windows driver and control panel I will be more than grateful. Thanks in advance.

streetpunkpl wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:12 pm Hi,
I have the same problem with a recently bought *brand new* AXE I/O. Support doesn't respond. :x
If someone can send me a Windows driver and control panel I will be more than grateful. Thanks in advance.
Solo or One?

wtptrs wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:56 pm
Solo or One?
Just a AXE I/O (2in/5out). Thanks mate in advance.

streetpunkpl wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:05 pm
Solo or One?
Ah sorry, only have the One drivers. No idea why they don't just provide them on their site, really weird policy.

streetpunkpl wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:05 pm
Solo or One?
See your PM..... :wink:

vurt put a link to this thread in a new IK hardware thread and Peter has got it deleted and the there’s a fresh new thread instead, no…?

viewtopic.php?p=8764096#p8764096

Pays. Piper. Tune.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

While I've bumped the request to post drivers on the web pages for the products or in a downloads area, for the time being IK Support will be able to take care of requests for driver/control panel software. If you have a ticket that hasn't been handled with regard to this please let me know (you can PM a ticket number if you prefer to send that privately, that's understandable) and I'll make sure it gets looked at. Sorry I missed this before.

Edit - and please don't make accusations, there's no conspiracy going on. Take up whatever issue you have with KVR moderators as I'm not a moderator here nor do I wield some wild amount of power that some apparently think I do. If only! :D

thanks peter :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”