can I change from the key of C to another key? Can I change to other modes?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I would like to develop keys besides "C" or perhaps to change modes, do I edit each of the scales that are in the factory setting?

Hi Dano204,

To transpose to other keys, use the Octave/Transpose button. This will allow you to transpose the lit scale to any key. To learn more, see the Panel Settings page, Octave/Transpose tab.

If you wish to light other notes that the default major scale, this is done in Global Settings > Note Lights On/Off, where you can light any of the 12 notes in the chromatic scale in either the Main or Accent colors selected in Per-Split Settings. Also, there are 9 programmable "Scale Select" memories that you can quickly switch between. To learn more, see the Panel Settings page, Global Settings tab, "Note Lights On/Off" section.

However, most people find it easier to change between musical modes in the same way as on piano. For example to play in a minor key, simply play the C major scale lights starting on D (for D minor) or A (for A minor).

Thank you for owning a LinnStrument.

Dano204 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:54 am If I would like to develop keys besides "C" or perhaps to change modes, do I edit each of the scales that are in the factory setting?
Other than what Roger said, memorization of interval patterns and scale shapes is the next step. Then you can modulate anytime.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”