Anybody knows what happened to Ronan Fed? Everything has been deleted

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah or why not give it to a company. I'd pay € 99+ for a PneumaPro 2.

lotus2035 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:16 pm I understand not wanting to be online and deal with all that garbage sure, but why work so hard on something, give it away for free and then later try to make it disappear? Won't it mean you wasted all that time for nothing? Why not set it free for good like so many other free plugins? It's not like anyone is going to expect support or updates.
Also, do you want everyone who has installed it to delete it? Is it now 'against the rules' to use it in a production?
I never said that I don't want you to use my plugins, on the contrary, I am happy that you use them.
What I said was that there will be no official downloads from now on.
And I do not recommend downloading files from strange sites over which I have no control.

stoniegreen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:47 pm
concealed identity wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:22 am I hope you don't mind if I ask, but by deleting it from KVR and everywhere else, is that you saying you don't want people to use Pneuma Pro?
From my cold dead hands, lol. :D

If I could only use 2 vsts for the rest of my life, it would be DS Thorn and RF Pneuma. Pneuma Pro is a gift, a masterpiece, and I'm honored that Ronan made it available to us at all. It's obvious that it's a vst made by a musician for musicians and a lot of love went into making and perfecting it.

I will never understand why some people have to be so negative online nowadays. It's always the negative/angry voices that seem to get amplified online, and that sucks. On Ronan's original Youtube page, we lost some great videos of him demoing some old school trackers, music software and vsts going back 15 years. A huge loss. And a lot of his songs too, which were brilliant. Even older, less known early vsts made by Ronan is gone forever. :cry:

But I also can understand Ronan's frustrations. Putting yourself online nowadays is scary. I thought about doing Youtube videos myself, but can't bring myself to do so, because of the negativity I seen directed toward other Youtubers. And I also saw Youtube take down other channels I followed through the years for reasons only Youtube knows.

I will forever be grateful for what Ronan shared to us. Thank you.
Thanks for your kind words.
I guess in my free time I'm going to start producing music again, which is what I like the most.

Thanks for the clarification. 8)

stoniegreen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:47 pm
I will never understand why some people have to be so negative online nowadays. It's always the negative/angry voices that seem to get amplified online, and that sucks. On Ronan's original Youtube page, we lost some great videos of him demoing some old school trackers, music software and vsts going back 15 years. A huge loss. And a lot of his songs too, which were brilliant. Even older, less known early vsts made by Ronan is gone forever. :cry:

But I also can understand Ronan's frustrations. Putting yourself online nowadays is scary. I thought about doing Youtube videos myself, but can't bring myself to do so, because of the negativity I seen directed toward other Youtubers. And I also saw Youtube take down other channels I followed through the years for reasons only Youtube knows.

I will forever be grateful for what Ronan shared to us. Thank you.
+1 :tu:

@Ronan:
Thanks so much for all your instruments and contributions.
I think I have already said that Pneuma Pro is really a fantastic synthesizer.
I wish you nothing but the best, and, please, never stop making music - even if it is just for yourself!

e-musician wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:50 pm @Ronan:
Thanks so much for all your instruments and contributions.
I think I have already said that Pneuma Pro is really a fantastic synthesizer.
I wish you nothing but the best, and, please, never stop making music - even if it is just for yourself!
Thank you man! :tu:

I've had a large (million+) following for a few years (not YT) and know the ups and downs of being exposed.
You have to put up an iron shirt to shield yourself. Accept it's easy for ppl to spew hate or just be very harsh. Ppl need outlets as life is hard for many.
Just focus on providing value for those who care, even if just a handful.

Ronan I don't know the story but I think you shouldn't give up being online, just seeing the positive comments I know your work and creations mean a lot to some people.
Take a deep breath, accept the challenge and mission, live your life the way you see fit. I think you were meant to provide the music community with little gems and that does include your plugins, your music, your knowledge and experience too.
Good luck and enjoy the journey.

In many cases, developer really doesn't have ideas about virus detection or unintended phoning happens. The detection of modern antivirus software is really aggressive. Many developers buy code signing certificate (not that cheap, requires regular billing) just to avoid the false positive detection. Phoning is sometime done by security software itself.

I don't think non profitable developer would buy the code signing cert for the solution. I can't simply say this is good or bad. What I can say is, things are changed with the release of Windows 8 + Windows Defender, and the change is very impactful to the freeware.

I'm not being bitter about either the developer or the users. False positive is a real problem that everyone need to face today.
<I'm also not complaining to the security software and its functionality>

@Ronan, thank you for your gem and I wish you a peaceful time with your music...
I'm so glad I have this toy of yours and can enjoy it.... :D :D :D

This is def not available anywhere?

this topic gives me mixed emotions...and honestly i feel disappointed,had some hope that Pneuma will evolve into something bigger,it was most promising free edm synth ever or could become affordable commercial synth with many options and people 2create community around it.
Could become new synth1,but the developer is burned ...my advice to ronan fed is take a break,make even better Pneuma and start to sell it for 29,99 euro :)
I'll your first user:)
Cheers :)

Pneuma has a great sound. I think those good open source synths bring back the fun for new creative musicians, without all the activation madness. Go on, Ron!

That's the hard part. Selling. What copy protection do you use? Synthmaker, Flowstone, Synthedit, whatever they call themselves never offered any kind of copy protection to go with your creation, so you get about a week of sales before a hacked version appears online and everything you've worked for turns to ash.

Ronan Fed didn't quit because of his plugins being free. In one of his videos he stated that he did it for personal enjoyment and wanted to help the community and music enthusiasts like him.

What drove him to disappear from online was the constant harassment by those like MorpherX who feels entitled to have things their way on a free software that they're not forced to use. You think the harassment will go away just because it becomes a paid product? The problem isn't paid or free, it's the online trolls who make things worse and ruin everything for everyone.

martiu wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:11 pm hi, make no install, just to copy folders, thanks :?
yes, indeed. installers are annoying AF. I prefer a portable plugin directory that's easy to copy/backup/restore.

or just release sources on github.

Return to “Instruments”