Modifying av Cock Fight Plus wah so fuzz can be used separately

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Gotten this far that fuzz part output is identified and circuits are powered even if wah is not engaged.
- even pre/post switch to where fuzz is to be does not influence this part
- input signal always run to fuzz also

Engage switch to my surprise were not doing anything but putting through 9V to some component called DD2.
- an output pin on this about 8V when wah is engaged
- and zero volt otherwise
- don't know if some debouncer so less spikes when engaged

Otherwise it's hard to identify what is activated by this switch connecting input to buffered output. Surface mount stuff, double layer.

It would be elegant to just disconnent wah filter output to run fuzz part to buffered out.

Should I look for some relay that makes the actuall bypass, or?

Any sites where schematics are transcribed or something?

Otherwise it would be possible to have an own switch and disconnect regular pedal out and run fuzz directly out.
- first idea that popped out

Just sense there is a smoother solution to the dilemma, where buffered out is still engaged and a volume knob too.
- just shortcut wah filter kind of

Any ideas how to proceed?

it's only a basic big muff
the original cockfight, you could use the fuzz separate or pre/post fuzz.
seems odd to remove function for an updated model.

Good to know, thanks.
- General idea though is to get R-number and similar to look on board where to cut copper
- so entire circuit

Since I have CFP and I could use fuzz at least on it.
For wah I use MC404.

Maybe I just sell it.

id sell it and buy a fuzz.
it really is just the basic muff, of which there are many better muffs not to mention other flavours of fuzz.

the idea of it, isn't really a wah pedal either, in the usual sense of modulating a filter, it's a cocked wah, as in you set it, and it's cocked
of course you can wah it too.

Many thanks for input.

I ordered a Chief Disruptor, it seems fun and loads of options.
Many things rotated in and out on floorboard last month. ;)

It started with I always wanted a univibe, and then the rest Hendrix shootouts and stuff came with it.

Many seems fun but often come up to $400 range. Disruptor was half that.

EDIT: about Cockfight Plus, I ended up just adding a separate output jack for that fuzz only out. A capacitor to tip to remove dc voltage of 0.4V if that might effect next pedal/amp. But it's always on as plugged in, not switch bypass or anything but that I did not attempt to have permanently on board anyway.

Worked real nice. Decent range of sounds with bias control as well which big muffs don't have as I've seen.

Sustain is crazy and good for slide in particular.

So I am done.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”