Nobody talking about the Neural Amp Loader in the Guitar Architect?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So fantastic to be able to integrate NAM in Melda. Wish it would be added to MXXX as module too, to easily build stereo configurations! Imagine one can now add wobble to tapesims... OMG

BRAVO!!!!

P.S. would be fantastic, if the NAM files were baked into the presets, so when transferring presets to another computer you wouldn't have to have the same NAM folder structure...

Nobody talking about? When did 16.08 come out? Geez.

This is exceptionally cool except for one thing - NAM only works at 48kHz. Is Melda's sandboxed somehow so it'll work in 96kHz sessions? Now that would be amazing.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some notes with you. Our NeuralAmp loader should already function well in higher sample rate projects, such as 96KHz or 192KHz, even though the NAM model was initially developed at 48KHz.

Moving forward, starting from version 16.08, you'll have the ability to copy and paste plugin settings, along with presets, including the NAM model. If the copied model is not available on the target PC/plugin, it will be automatically integrated into the preset.

Regarding the stereo feature: used Neural Amp modeler core (created by Steven Atkinson) currently outputs in mono. There is a possibility that the core will be updated to support stereo, as discussed on NAmp Facebook. However, if that doesn't happen, we can work on enhancing it for stereo support. Keep in mind that this enhancement would double the CPU usage for an already resource-intensive CPU processing. Let's wait a bit and see how things develop.

Please be aware that both MGA and the Neural Amp modeler core are currently in beta. This means there might be some minor issues, but rest assured that we'll address them as they are identified.

Thank you.

You are a genius!!!! Thank you so much!!!
martin-meldaproduction wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:14 am Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some notes with you. Our NeuralAmp loader should already function well in higher sample rate projects, such as 96KHz or 192KHz, even though the NAM model was initially developed at 48KHz.

Moving forward, starting from version 16.08, you'll have the ability to copy and paste plugin settings, along with presets, including the NAM model. If the copied model is not available on the target PC/plugin, it will be automatically integrated into the preset.

Regarding the stereo feature: used Neural Amp modeler core (created by Steven Atkinson) currently outputs in mono. There is a possibility that the core will be updated to support stereo, as discussed on NAmp Facebook. However, if that doesn't happen, we can work on enhancing it for stereo support. Keep in mind that this enhancement would double the CPU usage for an already resource-intensive CPU processing. Let's wait a bit and see how things develop.

Please be aware that both MGA and the Neural Amp modeler core are currently in beta. This means there might be some minor issues, but rest assured that we'll address them as they are identified.

Thank you.

Will .nam support be added to MTurboAmp?

In all honesty, Guitar Architect sounded so bad that I just ignored it, but this is interesting. I’d especially like to see this technology used in MSoundFactory and MXXX.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:28 pm ...Guitar Architect sounded so bad...
Not at all...

gueims wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:19 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:28 pm ...Guitar Architect sounded so bad...
Not at all...
So very aliased. Unless you cranked up the oversampling to 8x, and then it was unusable. I've been doing this since the 70s. I have no issues with software, in fact I use it exclusively these days, but man, I love Melda but the beta version I had sucked, plain and simple.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Unless you cranked up the oversampling to 8x, and then it was unusable.
I'm not able to test it playing live at the moment, but my system reports less than 10ms of latency for 8x OS with various random MGA presets I've loaded. (I usually use 2x, but I also play bass, so aliasing is less of an issue). In what way does 8x OS make it unusable for you?

sparella wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:51 pm
Unless you cranked up the oversampling to 8x, and then it was unusable.
I'm not able to test it playing live at the moment, but my system reports less than 10ms of latency for 8x OS with various random MGA presets I've loaded. (I usually use 2x, but I also play bass, so aliasing is less of an issue). In what way does 8x OS make it unusable for you?
Maybe you’re using a newer version, but I can’t remember what Bitwig was reporting, but it was super obvious, and I’m not even the kind of person who gripes about 10ms of latency.

Anyway, aside from the aliasing and latency, the version I used just sounded… bad. I don’t know another way to describe it. I’ve owned every major modeler except the Quad Cortex, and probably tried every plugin, and what I was experiencing put it down at the bottom. I don’t even mean in terms of realism. I like Guitar Rig because it doesn’t really sound like a real guitar amp. I’ll try it again, though. I definitely wasn’t using a release version, so maybe there was something wrong with the version I had. I tried upgrading to .08 yesterday and stupidly did the cleanup step, and then the installer proceeded to do nothing, so I’m back to .07.
Zerocrossing Media

I don't use high gain much but Melda amps (MTA) have replaced everything else I've used for low gain and bass saturation.

How do you set up 8x oversample?

wpostma wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:42 pm How do you set up 8x oversample?
Open the upper right hand panel, and it’s on top.

I installed.08 today and now it seems like 2x oversampling is good enough, however it is still reporting 16-36 ms of latency on my computer, depending on the patch. For reference, the new Blackstar plugin reports 1.8 ms, and IMO, generally sounds a lot better.

Maybe some optimization is necessary, but even so, I’m hating the general character. Could maybe be a cool NAM loader, but I’m very happy running Tonex inside Amplitube.
Zerocrossing Media

How does one load the .nam file in 16.08. I don't see where to do this?
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Return to “MeldaProduction”