SynthCraft

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nix808 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:45 pm I'd like to load VSTs in Synthcraft,
perhaps I'd write a VST host with it then
Short answer...
Basically no.

Long answer...
Unlike other similar programs, SynthCraft is not a Vst host or wrapper of any kind.
It's a compiler. Or more accurately a collator. https://www.printingcenterusa.com/blog/ ... late-mean/

Think Visual C/Visual Basic. SynthCraft is a graphical editor to my little DSP/c Compiler.
In programming we often use blocks of reusable code. I write the oscillators, filters etc... and you use SynthCraft
to create a schematic of how these blocks of code interact together in a visual way.
When you build the project the compiler will collate them together as well as other extra functions needed to create a plugin. This has the advantage that the finished plugin is a single binary file that doesn't need a host or wrapper to work.

DSP/c is quite flexible. In a very early proof of concept version it was capable of building *.SEM modules for SynthEdit and during recent testing it even compiled a very simple but working Vst host.

Over the past several weeks I've improved the SynthCraft editor a lot and hope to post an updated version soon. Hope this helps.

Regards
Kirsty

Thanks Kirsty,
wishing you all success with SynthCraft.
Seems it's MAX/msp that best suits this application

deleted
Last edited by kirsty roland on Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SynthCraft updated to v0.700

Lots of improvements and modules.
Improved editor.
Improved end user GUI tools.
Improved module inter-connections.
Improved help file.
Faster plugin code compilation.

Download from https://xsrdo.blogspot.com/

Regards
Kirsty

Well done Kristy! 8) :clap:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thanks for SynthCraft! A great tool. The easiest way to write and generate simple plugins yourself that I know of. :)

Thanks guys your comments are always welcome.

Kirsty :)

Is this similar to SE? Build a synth and export to vst?

Yes :)

Cool , have to find time to give it a go.

Is there a (sub)forum somewhere to discuss SynthCraft? I would like to use it much more, but don't know where to ask specific technical questions about how it works.

Featherless biped wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:08 pm Is there a (sub)forum somewhere to discuss SynthCraft? I would like to use it much more, but don't know where to ask specific technical questions about how it works.
Today I asked KVR Admin if they would kindly create an 'Official Company Forum' for me.
It might take a day or two to set up.

Regards
Kirsty

Great! :)

Are feedback loops possible?

camsr wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:01 pm Are feedback loops possible?
Yes
This quick schematic creates a very basic 1 pole LP filter.
But it really needs some form of gain compensation though!
Feedback Loop.zip
Regards
Kirsty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”