Your go-to compressor in 2023?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fabfilter Saturn's dynamic's knob is absolutely fantastic. Have a custom Ableton one-knob macro rack for quick squishing. Sounds good on just about everything.

I bought Presswerk recently, ticks all the boxes I need and a few more

Ableton compressor

viirat23 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:00 am Ableton compressor
$449.00 is a lot for a compressor :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:01 am I seem to be reaching for Klanghelm Mjuc alot lately. TDR kotelnikov is always around also.
Same here.

Kotelnikov when I want something transparent
And either Presswerk or ableton Glue for vibe

Tone Projects Unisum.

There can't be just one go-to compressor. Unless you just force yourself to use one and only........ but nobody does this.

Right. If you own more than one compressor, why would you only use one? Why own all the others?

And who on KVR owns only one compressor?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:37 pm Right. If you own more than one compressor, why would you only use one? Why own all the others?

Most DAWs come with more than one compressor.

There was a time when I only used one compressor, but I didn't know shiz about compression then. Well I don't know shiz about compression now but I REALLLY didn't then.

jamcat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:37 pm Right. If you own more than one compressor, why would you only use one? Why own all the others?

That is why the topic name is meh. But if the OP named it "If you would be limited to only one compressor, which would it be?" That would make me really thinking :)

Even still, that would be a different question.
Because my “desert island” compressor would probably be a Distressor. But it is certainly not the first compressor I usually reach for.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Yepp. I'm thinking the same way as you. Klanghelm DC8C is not my goto at all. But that would be the one in isolation.

The first comp I reach to in a project is 1176 (Sonic Academy SA76) or IK Comprexxor.

TDR Feedback Compressor II/Kotelnikov/Molotok
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Venomode Complexer 2 and u-he Presswerk.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”