Sylenth1 wont load presets

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure if this related to Cubase (12.0.70) or Sylenth1 (3.073).
How ever, pretty much with out any administration tasks been done, Sylenth1 dose not get its presets loaded anymore as it use to. And this is by using Cubase:es internal preset loader that are vstpreset based. For all the years Iv been using both of these it has always worked, making it possible for me to navigate and find and work with presets with ease.

The only real clue I have so far is the icons in the browser. The grey marked pentagon shaped works, the squared ones don't. Im not sure if this is a clue to what kind of happened during a regular production set as far as I can tell.

(UPDATE) When loading these vstpresets by MENU -> Preset -> Load... I get the follwing

Im still pretty sure its valid as it in place in it folder, and by just looking at the file I can see it is still marked with the same manufacture and what software it is.
Are they all corrupt now by some strange reason? Do not understand at all .

A bit of a followup.
The VST3 version of sylenth1 (3.073, 64bit) has this issue only. Because if I run the VST2.4 version, it all works once again like it just did. Still no idea why.

Hi,

The preset format for VST2 and VST3 plugins are different and not compatible (due to Steinberg).
I'd recommend to keep using the VST2 version if you need Steinberg's preset management for VST2.

It's best to save presets using the Sylenth1 menu button (MENU -> Preset/Bank -> Save As), so that Sylenth1 saves the preset in its own format. This ensures compatibility between all plugins formats of Sylenth1 on both Windows and Mac, and between different DAWs as well.

Return to “LennarDigital”