Baby Audio Transit - Ultimate Transition Designer in collabration w/ Andrew Huang

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah, KVR, never change.

Does Baby audio have an offer of upgrading single plugin to bundle?
Transit seems nice but the complete bundle seems more reasonable

bermudagold wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:20 am
dirtysnow wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:00 pm
BriocheBaps wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:37 pm Comes down to motivation to make your own solution, vs paying somebody else to save you the time.
I was starting to think I was the only one.
As with other tools that bring music creation closer to DJ'ing or rhythmic gaming I think it removes some of the artfulness. If you are using someone else's purpose built genre trope helper (it is marketed as a transition helper) are you trying to make art or are you trying to make a product?
exactly...this has been obvious since the huge expansion of the industry caused by the pandemic...the majority of the market is collecting plugins like baseball cards and playing dsp like video games...both of those are perfectly good hobbies, but they have nothing to do with music...you can tell by the releases and the discussions around them, the market is currently driven by dsp gamers
People still like risers?...everyone I know thinks these are one of the edm elements that have become cliche and thus make their eyes roll...to me this is what makes mouse music so formulaic, derivative, and unevocative...movement, tension, and excitement should come from the musical ideas in your arrangement and/or from your performance by actually playing the parts...If you need a plugin to "keep the listener interested", and that interest is supposed to be provided by a sweep between gimmicky multi-fx presets;...then you simply don't have a good song

And yes, this can be done by any plugin rack with macro controller design...many DAWs have this capability native...tracktion and mulab have had this capability for years...so of course bitwig has it
Imo only a few (of the well known) developers are doing innovative work. Mostly i see rehashes, time savers, combinations, moar emulations, and a lot of sos. In my trip, finding ways to do Creative things more easily has never been an interest. Doing Mundane things more easily, yes (such as finding a way to open all third party VSTis in Ableton Live 9). Of course, what is a creative endeavor to one person may just be mundane to the next person. We all have different goals, some people just want to be creative, some want some recognition for being creative, some just want recognition.
Last edited by CrystalWizard on Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

bmanic wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:56 pm I think you guys are missing the point. It's about the super easy morphing and setting up of the morphing for a single knob. There are of course tons of other multi-effects but no easy way to quickly morph between a ton of settings for a ton of effects simultaneously, and more importantly, whole "preset sets".

With the twist of a single knob you can go from a crazy freeze delay that is bitcrushed and pitched 12 semitones up to something completely different and then yet again to something completely different.. with ONE knob. That is the point.

Indeed the closest to this is Sugar Bytes Turnado but it's much more difficult to setup and has much less control over the morphing.
exactly. It's why I asked fabfilter to allow series processing in Saturn2.
Or why a fabfilter channel strip with their mod capabilities and macro controlling would be so insanely powerful.

Right now if i make a transition with few of their wonderful destruction algos i need to load 3 saturns and assign to a single smart control knob in logic. Lots of work.
And every time i do transitions i need to setup a bus and smart controls. This is easier.

And it's why i like the Magnitude control on RC20 so much (because it's not parallel mix).

And it's why at one point i bought Excite Audio KSHMR Chainer.

But none work all that well. Gotta try this

I quite like the idea behind this and although it does not achieve anything I do not think I could do with a live fx rack it certainly looks a lot quicker to set up or experiment with different fx combi.

On holiday at moment so cannot demo the plug but be interested to hear how the reverb modulation sounds when altering the time with the main macro. A lot of my verbs do not handle delay time modulation well so if transit is artifact free that would be good to hear.

Ploki wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:50 pm
bmanic wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:56 pm I think you guys are missing the point. It's about the super easy morphing and setting up of the morphing for a single knob. There are of course tons of other multi-effects but no easy way to quickly morph between a ton of settings for a ton of effects simultaneously, and more importantly, whole "preset sets".

With the twist of a single knob you can go from a crazy freeze delay that is bitcrushed and pitched 12 semitones up to something completely different and then yet again to something completely different.. with ONE knob. That is the point.

Indeed the closest to this is Sugar Bytes Turnado but it's much more difficult to setup and has much less control over the morphing.
Or why a fabfilter channel strip with their mod capabilities and macro controlling would be so insanely powerful.

Right now if i make a transition with few of their wonderful destruction algos i need to load 3 saturns and assign to a single smart control knob in logic. Lots of work.
And every time i do transitions i need to setup a bus and smart controls. This is easier.

And it's why i like the Magnitude control on RC20 so much (because it's not parallel mix).

I've been asking FabFilter the same thing a few years ago, unfortunately they weren't interested.

I would really like them to make a plugin with basic components of ALL their creative and pro stuff. Then combine it all in a single plugin with their extensive modulation routing system (I'd also like them to get to the 21st century by revising the very long in the tooth XLFO thing).

From Saturn I'd like all the algorithms in a single saturation block and if possible the ability to modulate between each algorithm in the list, so that it switches algorithms in realtime. Imagine syncing this to a tempo synced LFO! I'd also want the multiband crossovers from either Saturn or Pro-MB and the single knob compressor/expander thing from Saturn. Then all the filters from Volcano and delay option from Timeless and all the effect blocks from it.. and of course a fully featured EQ module ala Pro-Q/Timeless.

.. one can always dream! Don't think it will ever happen though as it would undermine their current crop of plugins.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:21 pm
Ploki wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:50 pm

I've been asking FabFilter the same thing a few years ago, unfortunately they weren't interested.

I would really like them to make a plugin with basic components of ALL their creative and pro stuff. Then combine it all in a single plugin with their extensive modulation routing system (I'd also like them to get to the 21st century by revising the very long in the tooth XLFO thing).

From Saturn I'd like all the algorithms in a single saturation block and if possible the ability to modulate between each algorithm in the list, so that it switches algorithms in realtime. Imagine syncing this to a tempo synced LFO! I'd also want the multiband crossovers from either Saturn or Pro-MB and the single knob compressor/expander thing from Saturn. Then all the filters from Volcano and delay option from Timeless and all the effect blocks from it.. and of course a fully featured EQ module ala Pro-Q/Timeless.

.. one can always dream! Don't think it will ever happen though as it would undermine their current crop of plugins.
YES.
yes to all of this

elassi wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:48 pm
eerie_audio wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:26 pm video
So much fuzz about a simple plugin ... it's a YT influencer's dream! :roll:
I agree!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVSr0yt3kJE

Why do some KVR folk write fuzz when they mean fuss? Is it considered cool?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

This seems to be geared to the amateur producer. Given that, all this and more IS possible in any DAW.
Not that making things easier is a bad thing, but there is often a cost sonically when using one plugin to do multiple effects.

The question is does anyone believe that these effects sound better then lets say, Waves, UAD, Fabfilter, Valhalla, ect. because all those effects can also be automated.....
(And its really not that hard to chain effects together as an insert and automate them.)

Just curious what others think...... :)

I ask this question after seeing all these youtube video headlines...

"The Greatest Plugin Ever....."
"The Best Life Giver....."
"Saved My Beats..."
"Feels Like Cheating..."
"The Greatest Plugin In The World...."

Has no one ever used automation before?

Tried it - the FX are decent but nothing special. Automatic assigning to macro is great, but i'm missing some more grit on filters, and some smudging and stuff like that.
will stay with Saturn2 + Volcano3 for transitions

EnRage is quite enjoyable with its four feedback-enabled (even the modulators can (re)use them as on the picture) effect routes and four poly voices, has formula modulator just like in FL etc.
Képernyőfotó 2023-08-29 - 20.42.42.png
closest to Bitwig IMO even with its price :D duno what is the hype around this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tL_-UOAyOM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:39 pm EnRage is quite enjoyable with its four feedback-enabled (even the modulators can (re)use them as on the picture) effect routes and four poly voices, has a formula modulator just like in FL etc.
Képernyőfotó 2023-08-29 - 20.42.42.png
closest to Bitwig IMO even with its price :D duno what is the hype around this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tL_-UOAyOM
$329.00 ? Wow, is it gold plated or something?
(The price makes me, "Enrage") :scared:

^^^ Boom's prices are primarily targeted towards the post-production and film crowd. However, its modulators have the unique ability to modulate other modulators with feedback, reminiscent of the functionality in Bitwig (has own topic too)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Effects”