Baby Audio Transit - Ultimate Transition Designer in collabration w/ Andrew Huang

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The reverb module in Transit really ”cracks” me up, :hihi:
for further laughs please watch the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67HTCHb5_Vc

The one and ONLY Bad Hair Detective at it again!
:pray: :pray: :pray:
Fusion

Who is Bad Hair Detective? Pointing finger with a mask on towards people at least showing their faces is lame. :roll:

Etienne1973 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:14 pm Who is Bad Hair Detective?
The greatest threat there ever was to all the corrupt/fake/greedy/dishonest music production Youtubers AND plugin developers out there, very funny too! :lol:
Etienne1973 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:14 pm Pointing finger with a mask on towards people at least showing their faces is lame. :roll:
Ouch! This exact same argument as yours was used by Youtuber Lonely Rocker against Dan Worrall in Lonely Rocker's now deleted video where he invited Harrison Consoles. In it they admitted everything Dan Worrall said about their product was 100% true yet the main gripe Lonely Rocker had despite all of this was: ”Hey, Dan Worrall is not showing his face!” ”Buddy got a lot of nerve saying all that and not showing his face” This went on for 30 minutes… :clap: :clap: :clap:
Fusion

Bad Hair Detective is a really refreshingly "un-sponsorable" take on the audio YouTube world. Yes it's crass in places, but that is really part of the point.

He may well have a valid point but I couldn't tolerate watching more than a few short chunks of the video. I'm sure it's my fault for not 'getting' it.

Not seeing his face was neither here nor there.

Dan Worrall is great, face or no face.
ezgif-1-cd5d3f4a47.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:53 pm The reverb module in Transit really ”cracks” me up, :hihi:

I don't really know why I like it...
subscribed
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:53 pm The reverb module in Transit really ”cracks” me up, :hihi:

most people seem like they're upset that this can be done a ton of other ways with a ton of other plugins...but he is using comedy to drive home the point i made a couple pages ago....the much more egregious notion is that a "transition" and "keeping the listener interested", in most music genres can be achieved with a gimmicky multi-fx sweep...tells you a lot about the state of modern music
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Sounds like a crossover between Morris Szyslak and Nardwuar - I like his approach and attitude. But a schtick like this can easily get old.

Igro wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:33 am It's a nice plugin if you want to start doing things instantly without messing with complicated DAW setups.

FL users can create the same one knob concept in the Patcher's control surface and save it as a preset.
pretty much patcher in fl rocks!

Honestly, this plugin is great. Easy to start out with, but I sense great potential nested complexity. Really looking forward to learning it.

I'm getting tired of all these youtube influencers. Please delete them all now. :neutral:
<List your stupid gear here>

Like many here, I have hundreds if not thousands of plugins. The last couple of years I've been narrowing the number of plugins I use and only purchase maybe one or two new plugins a year.

I bought this plugin.

I find building risers, drops, and transitions to be a tedious part of music production that I don't enjoy. I would rather spend my time writing, arranging, or doing sound design for the core song parts. So in the workflow sense, I really like what Transit brings to the table - a fast way to create FX transitions at the track or buss level.

Yes you can reduplicate what this plugin does in Bitwig using the built-in or 3rd party FX, or just use any DAW to automate FX. But it's incredibly fast in Transit to just run through some presets, find something close to what you want, tweak the internals to taste, and automate the primary knob to match the timing of your transition. If I want something specific, I'd probably use Bitwig's modulation/automation capabilities on 3rd party plugins, but often I just want some kind of transition without having anything particular in mind without burning 1/2 hour trying out different plugins and parameter automations just to build a 10 second transition. Transit solves that problem elegantly.

I also own and frequently use The Riser, IMO Transit is a great complement to what that plugin does. Way more usable than Stutter Edit. Faster than manually automating plugins in a DAW. I think this plugin will make it into my stable of commonly-used workflow enhancement tools like Spaced Out, Shaperbox, Infiltrator, Trackspacer, Fuse Compressor, Kick 2, Spectre, etc... plugins that offer huge gains in workflow speed more so than the novelty of the effect itself. Big thumbs up on this one.

So far as Andrew Huang goes, I'm apathetic. I don't watch his videos. A good plugin is a good plugin and this one is really useful for my workflow, so if Huang gets a healthy cut of the profits, I'm totally ok with that. I feel like the introductory price is a good deal, maybe not so much at full price.

As always YMMV.

I like it well enough but find the price a bit more than I am willing to pay at intro let alone regular MSRP. :shrug:

egbert101 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:18 am I'm getting tired of all these youtube influencers. Please delete them all now. :neutral:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhnUuunLuic

Return to “Effects”