Baby Audio Transit - Ultimate Transition Designer in collabration w/ Andrew Huang

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone, thanks for all the interest in Transit so far. This is a quick message to say that v1.1 is out now. You can download it via the same link as in your original order / trial email.

Change log - bug fixes:
* Tremolo rate clicks and pops fixed;
* Plugin bypass sync issues fixed;
* Reverb size clicks and pops fixed;
* OSC tail bug fixed;
* Noise tail bug fixed;
* Infinity mode bug fixed;

Change log - feature improvements:
* New presets added, including new "guitar" category;
* Various graphical improvements;
* Randomizer algorithm improved;
* Macro knob response improved;
* Global safety limiter option added;
* Lock/Unlock design improved;
* Volume consistency between presets improved;

Change log - additional shortcuts added:
* Shift + click on the range of dynamic parameters + drag for shifting entire range;
* ctrl (cmd) + click on global lock locks/unlocks all parameters inside modules;
* Easter egg shortcut added
* Pro Tools Automation shortcuts enabled;
babyaud.io

BABY Audio wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:09 am
* Volume consistency between presets improved;

Love this! Wish more devs would pay attention to the volume differential in their presets. *cough* *Infiltrator* *cough*

Spent more time with the plugin last night using it on some reversed audio clips to create some risers. I'm not sure this is the best use case for the tool (IMO, it's better at doing morph transitions on a large group or 2 buss than as a riser builder) but it worked in a pinch. While I didn't do exhaustive testing on all the modules, most of the ones I tried - the delays, verbs, and pitch shifting sounded really nice and were easy to manipulate. Plus having the OTT module to shape tone was very useful.

That's the good, onto the bad....

My main complaint about Transit at this point is the filter module interface. It's not particularly intuitive, doesn't have a lot of filter types, and it really needs better visual feedback. I wish it was more set up like the filter section of Serum or Vital where you have a large bank of filters to chose from and can visually see the filter across a frequency spectrum grid, even if it doesn't actually move in real time with the modulation. For some of my work, I ended up going outside of Transit and using 3rd party tools, which kind of defeats the purpose.

It's still a really nice plugin, but considering that filtering is such a huge part of building risers and transitions, I'm hoping Baby Audio improves this particular module's interface. That would really make Transit a home run in my book.

I bought it, not really for transitions, but to use it as a multi fx plugin with easy to set up morphing capabilities and custom curves. The workflow is great, as is the sound quality, but it’s a bit bland imho. I hope some more fx modules are on their way. Anyway, appreciate the update!

Even though I can do many things in Bitwig, especially with the new curves modulators, and also in Infiltrator, I got Transit because I enjoy its very efficient interface and workflow for certain use cases. I appreciate the updates.

I already sent a message to tech support about this potential regression, but am wondering if anyone else has experienced it. (I'm using the Windows VST3 version in Bitwig 5.0.7.)

In Transit v 1.0, presets that started with a reverb or delay mix value of 0 (or otherwise very low) and then ramped up to a relatively high mix value have a noticeable tail, as would be expected.
In Transit v 1.1, the same presets seem to have no tail at all.

You can observe this by triggering the very first preset with Transit's built-in sequencer, as illustrated in these two brief videos:
Transit v 1.0, tail audible: https://youtu.be/HThhpT08EH8
Transit v 1.1, tail not audible: https://youtu.be/F_oDFrSQiGU

bboxdw wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:34 pm Even though I can do many things in Bitwig, especially with the new curves modulators, and also in Infiltrator, I got Transit because I enjoy its very efficient interface and workflow for certain use cases. I appreciate the updates.

I already sent a message to tech support about this potential regression, but am wondering if anyone else has experienced it. (I'm using the Windows VST3 version in Bitwig 5.0.7.)

In Transit v 1.0, presets that started with a reverb or delay mix value of 0 (or otherwise very low) and then ramped up to a relatively high mix value have a noticeable tail, as would be expected.
In Transit v 1.1, the same presets seem to have no tail at all.

You can observe this by triggering the very first preset with Transit's built-in sequencer, as illustrated in these two brief videos:
Transit v 1.0, tail audible: https://youtu.be/HThhpT08EH8
Transit v 1.1, tail not audible: https://youtu.be/F_oDFrSQiGU
There's a "tails" button on the reverb and delay modules. When it's on, the tails will sustain after the macro goes to 0%. Do you have tails engaged in your 1.1 example? If not, that would fix it.
babyaud.io

BABY Audio wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:14 pm There's a "tails" button on the reverb and delay modules. When it's on, the tails will sustain after the macro goes to 0%. Do you have tails engaged in your 1.1 example? If not, that would fix it.
Thanks for seeking more clarity. I just double-checked. Unfortunately, yes, the issue is occurring with tails on.

Another piece of info that might be helpful: If I alter the preset by reversing the modulation direction of delay and reverb mix--i.e., pink instead of green circle, with values starting at 100 and ending at 0--then the mix level jumps back up at the end of the transition, creating a bit of a tail.

It's almost as though the tail is starting with a mix value pulled from somewhere nearer the beginning of the modulation curve than the end of it, if that makes sense. This results in an effect mix level increasing and then abruptly dropping in volume at the transition-to-tail point, or dropping in volume and then suddenly increasing at the transition-to-tail point.

It really is a brilliant interface that you all have created. I hope this is helpful!

I bought this plugin after watching Rachel and Andrew's videos, and find it really useful.

I have on/off and the main knob mapped to hardware controls for ease of use, but I'm wondering if it's possible to switch presets the same way, so I can map buttons or a knob to select presets rather than have to use the mouse.

Anyone?

bboxdw wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:37 pm
BABY Audio wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:14 pm There's a "tails" button on the reverb and delay modules. When it's on, the tails will sustain after the macro goes to 0%. Do you have tails engaged in your 1.1 example? If not, that would fix it.
Thanks for seeking more clarity. I just double-checked. Unfortunately, yes, the issue is occurring with tails on.

Another piece of info that might be helpful: If I alter the preset by reversing the modulation direction of delay and reverb mix--i.e., pink instead of green circle, with values starting at 100 and ending at 0--then the mix level jumps back up at the end of the transition, creating a bit of a tail.

It's almost as though the tail is starting with a mix value pulled from somewhere nearer the beginning of the modulation curve than the end of it, if that makes sense. This results in an effect mix level increasing and then abruptly dropping in volume at the transition-to-tail point, or dropping in volume and then suddenly increasing at the transition-to-tail point.

It really is a brilliant interface that you all have created. I hope this is helpful!
We have been able to reproduce the issue here and will provide a fix ASAP. Glad you found it and thanks for reporting it!
babyaud.io

Yeah, I like this. Im always looking for smarter, more efficient ways to do the same manual effects chaining, mangling, and processing Ive been doing to my sounds for 20+ years, and this fits nicely into that philosophy. I can add this to my toolbox of processors, and of course relieve my GAS at the same time. =P

PKSlough wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:54 pm I bought this plugin after watching Rachel and Andrew's videos, and find it really useful.

I have on/off and the main knob mapped to hardware controls for ease of use, but I'm wondering if it's possible to switch presets the same way, so I can map buttons or a knob to select presets rather than have to use the mouse.

Anyone?
I don't believe there's any way to do this within the plugin, but could be wrong. 
Should you happen to have Bitwig, a workaround for plugins that don't allow for this is to put several instances of the plugin into an FX Selector container, with each instance being set to a different preset. The "mode" setting on the FX Selector then gives you several options for selecting which instance you want. Not sure what similar options may exist in other DAWs.

PKSlough wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:54 pm I bought this plugin after watching Rachel and Andrew's videos, and find it really useful.

Anyone?
The only way I know is if you have a NI keyboard you can use the NKS version I made to switch patches using the keyboard preset buttons

BABY Audio wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:16 pm
bboxdw wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:37 pm

We have been able to reproduce the issue here and will provide a fix ASAP. Glad you found it and thanks for reporting it!
@bboxdw - not sure we had your email address so just a quick note here that the issue is now fixed. Just re-download the installer using the same link as originally.
babyaud.io

BABY Audio wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:43 pm @bboxdw - not sure we had your email address so just a quick note here that the issue is now fixed. Just re-download the installer using the same link as originally.
Glad to hear, and many thanks for the update!

How do u apply the update? I've downloaded it but Cubase still telling me v1.

Return to “Effects”