Baby Audio Transit - Ultimate Transition Designer in collabration w/ Andrew Huang

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@ xbitz
Then we seem to be in HY Filter 4 territory 8)
The average bored guy

After watching some videos it didn't give me a wow even once. It kinda seems to emphasize unwanted resonances, make everything sound pretty strange and unpleasant, not musical. It's like with most Baby Audio plugins, they make a big promotion with influencers to hype a new product, you are tempted to buy, but then never use it.
I remember their Crystal reverb plugin and their Taip plugin, the latter maybe one of the worst plugins ever released, but a big hype first.

Yeah always when i demo a new BA plugin i'm sort of let down in the end

Baby Audio’s plugins aim at one thing: WORKFLOW. At least, this is the case for Spaced out, Transit and, to some extent, Crystalline. These guys are very creative … The algos as such dont sound particularly attractive to me though. When you pack a lot of effects into one plugin, you likely have to sacrifice a bit of quality and depth.

"creative" is no longer a positive word imo and "workflow" is often used by many as if they are playing 'speed runs' in gaming. i can just see Rembrandt saying "let's see how fast i can paint this" lol

cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

This is like Replicant had a baby with Stutter Edit. Or maybe Turnado. Looks like fun but I'd have to demo the fx choices.

MadDogE134 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:31 am "creative" is no longer a positive word imo and "workflow" is often used by many as if they are playing 'speed runs' in gaming. i can just see Rembrandt saying "let's see how fast i can paint this" lol

cheers
When fees for mixes are 150-300€/mix you dont want to work on them for five days you know

i understand but it takes what it takes and fee should be based on complexity... then you have to take into account ear fatigue. you have got to rest them if you want to trust them. on the other hand the longer you work on a thing you become biased so again i understand some 'quickness' but remember 'haste makes waste' :) ... to each their own

cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

osiris wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:44 am This is like Replicant had a baby with Stutter Edit. Or maybe Turnado. Looks like fun but I'd have to demo the fx choices.
and there are generators too like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jT7xnJx6Y
Last edited by xbitz on Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Yeah, the Riser go-to for many years!

I don't know about the Riser. I can do that an LFO.

Baby audio can be hit or miss - big time in either direction.

I adore Super VHS, spaced out, and comeback kid.
I didn't vibe with crystalline, BA-1, Parallel aggressor, and especially taip.
The others (IHNY and smooth operator) I haven't tried.

In demoing this one, I actually think it's great! There are a few minor things in the UI and operation that could be a little better, but overall it's a novel and useful tool. Anything that helps with transitions is a welcome addition to my arsenal (Lift FX, the Riser, Endless smile, etc... - though I didn't vibe with the UJAM Boost). YMMV, but this one is worth a demo, especially if you experiment in electronic genres. Not necessary if you do mostly acoustic music.

jules99 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:24 pm
phantomne wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:27 am Workflow is cool but the price to pay is that you have to use the built-in effects. If I wanted to use, let's say valhalla vintageverb instead of the built-in reverb I'd still have to go the old-school automation route, or am I misunderstanding the plugin?
I keep thinking about how this would be an amazing, but probably difficult to create VST.

Where you have slots for external plugins, so plugins within plugins, but internal modulation like here or with Infiltrator or Stutter Edit.

Being able to rhythmically trigger effects parameters from different VSTs would be amazing.

But if you look at how buggy SuperPlugin, EffectGrid and others are, loading plugins within plugins does seem to be no small feat. But imagine the possibilities...
In Plugin Guru - Unify you can add VST pluggins (instruments and Effects) and you can assign any of the plugin parameters to the macro knobs, buttons etc. so there you could build a similar FX with your own plugins. It would take some time to create it first, but than you can use it the same way and save presets. It’s a very good plugin in general. Check it out.

Return to “Effects”