things to do with an old ipad

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shane Sanders wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:36 pm To use it as a tuner, the built-in mic is perfect. No need for extra gear. Best one, IMO: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/istrobosoft/id308296029
Thanks, Petersons, should be good. :)

MIDI generators and controllers over Wifi or Bluetooth is the answer.

Waaaaay too many "musicians" completely discount the utility and variety of MIDI generators and controllers available on iOS - even older iOS devices.

A lot. My iPad is an Air 2. I use it regularly for Ableton Note and AUM jams. Probably underpowered if your main use is for traditional DAW work like Cubasis.

Another thing is Audio Kit's “Synth One” . . . stellar little synthesizer. There's a preset pad it has that's just magic. Even if it only did that one sound, worth it. You can run that app on an iPhone 5 but you can't edit much because of the GUI won't fit. An iPhone 7 or above is golden, however.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:05 am MIDI generators and controllers over Wifi or Bluetooth is the answer.

Waaaaay too many "musicians" completely discount the utility and variety of MIDI generators and controllers available on iOS - even older iOS devices.
I forgot about this are there any apps you can recommend?

gjunk wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:34 am
vitocorleone123 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:05 am MIDI generators and controllers over Wifi or Bluetooth is the answer.

just a few that are compatible with iOS 15 and earlier:

Sebastian Arnold Senode
Ryan Robinson ZOA, OODA
Bram Bos Mozaic, Roseta Sequence Suite
BitShape TC Data
Cem Olcay has a bunch of generative MIDI stuff
Gestrument Pro
Holonist
MusiKraken
Marcos Kohler PolyPhase
GeoShred Control

use it as a control surface for your DAW or other apps using:
https://metasystem.io/
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

mindnoise wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:58 am
gjunk wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:34 am

just a few that are compatible with iOS 15 and earlier:

Sebastian Arnold Senode
Ryan Robinson ZOA, OODA
Bram Bos Mozaic, Roseta Sequence Suite
BitShape TC Data
Cem Olcay has a bunch of generative MIDI stuff
Gestrument Pro
Holonist
MusiKraken
Marcos Kohler PolyPhase
GeoShred Control
Thanks for the list will be checking these out this weekend :party: