iPad Air M2 coming real soon…

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apple are holding an event September 12th where the iPad Air M2 will most likely be introduced.

What is very unlikely is that it will get more RAM than 8GB…
(12 or 16GB would be so sweet for Decent Sampler plugin libraries!)
Max storage will probably stay at 256GB…
(512GB would be really nice though)

So many amazing Auv3 apps on iPad, especially PD Space Guitar Synthesizer :tu: and countless others… :love:
Hooking up the Jamstik Studio Midi Guitar via bluetooth gives one super fast and great tracking.

I'm still on the Air 3 so I'm used to the limitations + crackling and freezing tracks :wink:

BUT I still hope there might just be more Storage/RAM and not only a chip update in the new Air coming next month, we'll see! :D

Anyone else planning to buy it? :)
Fusion

After my 11in Pro 2020, I get AIr M1 2022. Total difference. I think (my feeling); twice as fast and, at least, twice workable memory. My Pro is for testing, but for performing I use my Air. Cheers.
Defense Of BeBop

VoytecG wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:40 pm After my 11in Pro 2020, I get AIr M1 2022. Total difference. I think (my feeling); twice as fast and, at least, twice workable memory. My Pro is for testing, but for performing I use my Air. Cheers.
:party: Remember I'm on the Air 3 so my upgrade will be such a massive change from what I'm used to. :hyper:
Also I just now realised that Decent Sampler actually reads samples from disk and not RAM.

So in essence 8GB RAM is quite sufficient and all one needs to do is hook up a USB SSD 1TB (or more) and fill it with all the libraries. :tu:

@VoytecG make sure to check out ConvertWithMoss: viewtopic.php?t=575352
if you want to use Kontakt 1-4 libraries, Korg Wavestate, Akai MPC/Force keygroups and many more on your iPad with Decent Sampler! 8)
Fusion

Thanks for useful information

Currently M1 IPad Pros are sold here (Germany) from time to time at a big discount. The difference between M1 and M2 is not that big (at least for music apps) and for the price of an M2 Air/256gb you can get a 11in pro with 16gb Ram and 2TB. I think it's the much better deal.
Creating sounds and tools for Novation Circuit @ https://payhip.com/deepsounds

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”