Building a fireplace entertainment center for a studio apartment.

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fireplace insert - version beta 4.jpg
Here is my mockup.

the 2 door cabinets are 32" by 24" high

the large cabinets on either side are 32" by 65" high. so, 64" are available in between and underneath.
65" are available under the above cabinets, in the middle. the 65" television is 57 1/2" W X 34" H
the illustration is to float point scale, every piece has been scaled to 0.25 decimal points.

All images used are the products and faux tiles am considering buying. The brand of the cabinets is Prepac. I'd likely need to use a harness to combine all cabinets together. Basically, my couch futon is on one side, this on the other. The computer goes on the hearth. I won't even have room for a desk, so using a jonsbo steel mousepad on the matching lift top coffee table with a logitech triathlon and a k38 blutooth setup. both devices have three optional bluetooth connections to choose from.

the 26" fireplace insert is a dimplex.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The mockup looks nice, but I wonder about if the heat coming out of the fireplace can somehow have a negative impact on the tv (maybe it's not an issue at all, I don't know). edit: scrap it, I didn't realise it is not a "real" fireplace, but an electric device; heat should not be a concern then. :oops:
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Any time a screen is above your neckline a bit, your neck will eventually pay for it—it's exhausting to watch a movie if you're looking up at it. Better to have televisions on the lower side of the line of vision, IMO. Theaters get away with it because of the giant field of vision, and because they've robbed you of a month's worth of a subscription for the price of one movie with people talking, eating, shuffling around, etc. I dig that stay-at-home vibe, though. ;-)

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”