Out Now: Filterscape 1.5 rev 15011

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While we're an early supporter of CLAP, we certainly take our time to release official versions. So far only MFM2, Filterscape and Diva officially support CLAP, while many others of our plug-ins are in beta or not even that yet.

I have full respect to Bitwig for being such a forward-thinker and early supporter of CLAP. But I do feel that most third party plugin developers, perhaps won't feel such a high pressing demand to release CLAP versions of their plugins until, at least a few more popular DAWs, likewise add CLAP support.

After all, there's little impetus for developers to spend time on releasing a format, which most DAWs still cannot currently host. I believe that will likely change, once (arguably) the two most popular DAWs, FL Studio and Ableton Live introduce support for CLAP. And only then, will the audio plugin format really start to take off, as there will be more demand for it, from their users and customers thereof.

Personally, I know that once FL Studio supports CLAP, I will begin to migrate every plugin I use away from VST3 to CLAP, as and when each plugin developer releases a stable CLAP equivalent. And I will be more inclined to request CLAP versions from developers who have yet to release any. Since, by that point, such requests will have a greater validity.

Well, yes, there's no pressure. While I am a bit more optimistic, people have estimated that it'll take 5+ years to establish. If in the next 1-2 years there's support by one more major DAW and commitment from one more major development framework, that would be a great leap forward.

On a recent audio developer conference, developers of *all* major DAWs (and I think two major game audio engines) attended a talk about CLAP. The talk was so popular, some people could not get in and would watch the live stream outside the room the talk was held at.

The point is, developers really like it. Decision makers might not see an incentive just yet, but the development of CLAP itself is such a fast and approachable process, it already offers intriguing opportunities.

Urs wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:36 pm Well, yes, there's no pressure. While I am a bit more optimistic, people have estimated that it'll take 5+ years to establish. If in the next 1-2 years there's support by one more major DAW and commitment from one more major development framework, that would be a great leap forward.
As a regular on the Image-Line forums, I know that both myself and other forum members have been gently nudging Image-Line along (i.e. friendly nagging :lol: ), to include CLAP support in one of their upcoming minor 'point' updates.

Their senior staff members and even IL's COO, have previously commented and committed to the inclusion thereof, but (wisely) have never as yet provided a concrete date. Simply, that they will add support "when they can."

I know that the recently introduced 'FL Cloud' subscription services were a high priority for Image-Line, as it obviously brings with it, an important new revenue stream for the company. Which, nobody can begrudge them. And parts of that online service were originally intended to have been introduced with the initial v21 launch, but had to be postponed. So I think, along with the other new features introduced, these have been foremost in the development priority, since the DAW's last major update.

But now that Image-Line have major feature ticked that off their list with v21.2, I feel we may be getting closer to the time, for CLAP inclusion. If not in the next 21.3 update, then not too long thereafter. I personally would be surprised, if it has not been included by at least this time next year, at the latest (and hopefully, much sooner). In the meanwhile, I'll be sure to remind them during each subsequent beta cycle. :wink:

[ fingers crossed ]

Forgive me if I've missed something obvious, but do any of the any wavetables in Filterscape VA include a pulse wave? From reading the manual (and using my ears), V Analogue position 50 on the warp control is a saw wave and 100 sounds like a sine. Position 0 doesn't seem to be a pulse to my ears. Checking with an oscilloscope seems to confirm this and none of the other wavetables seem to have a pulse wave. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is the case, is it possible to install other wavetables? I had a look for a wavetable folder but couldn't find it.

nick_op wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:26 pm Forgive me if I've missed something obvious, but do any of the any wavetables in Filterscape VA include a pulse wave? From reading the manual (and using my ears), V Analogue position 50 on the warp control is a saw wave and 100 sounds like a sine. Position 0 doesn't seem to be a pulse to my ears. Checking with an oscilloscope seems to confirm this and none of the other wavetables seem to have a pulse wave. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is the case, is it possible to install other wavetables? I had a look for a wavetable folder but couldn't find it.
Set the Inverse knob to 0... then phase becomes pulse width too.

There is also a square wave on the sub oscillator

pdxindy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:01 am Set the Inverse knob to 0... then phase becomes pulse width too.

Thanks, I just checked the manual again and it is, of course, written there. I just didn't know where to look, but I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to anything that's not a simple subtractive synth.

nick_op wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:31 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:01 am Set the Inverse knob to 0... then phase becomes pulse width too.

Thanks, I just checked the manual again and it is, of course, written there. I just didn't know where to look, but I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to anything that's not a simple subtractive synth.
Yeah, it's not obvious how to get a square wave in the main osc's. Once you know, then it's easy.

Filterscape VA is now really great in its version 1.5, like a nearly new Synth.
Soundquality and features are super.
But why not offering the ability of loading Zebra wavetables ?
This would offer complete new sound capabilities.
Beside this the Filterscape update is great !

MorpherX wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:20 pm Filterscape VA is now really great in its version 1.5, like a nearly new Synth.
Soundquality and features are super.
But why not offering the ability of loading Zebra wavetables ?
This would offer complete new sound capabilities.
Beside this the Filterscape update is great !
If anything, I'd think .uhm/Hive wavetables would make more sense.

While I know u-he have yet to invent that thing that creates more time, any chance of a sidechain input for the Q6 envelope followers?

Yeah, need that thing that creates more time!

(But truly, it would make so much sense... the external side chain...)

Urs wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:17 pm
hey212 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:57 pm The tutorial videos for MFM 2.5 were extremely well done, and extremely helpful learning the effect. Any chance there will be a similar series of videos for Filterscape 1.5?
Absolutely!

Those videos take a lot of time to do though, we'll pop them out as they finish.
I see the first tutorial is up! Just watched, once again it is super well done and extremely helpful. Thanks very much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Qby3dVGpw

This is the hidden feature I needed.

Well here, I would like to mount it in Digital Performer but still not possible (with AU format). :(
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Return to “u-he”