Out Now: Filterscape 1.5 rev 15011

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:21 am
simmo75 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:00 am I’m on mac Ventura, and still get the box that tells me I need a new serial number, I’ve tried uninstalling the beta & installing the release, but alas, the box pops up still, every time.
I guess you might need a new serial number then.

Check out the yellow box under the first paragraph of Filterscape's website: https://u-he.com/products/filterscape/
Thanks kindly!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:25 am We also have a dedicated Linux subforum here: viewforum.php?f=292
https://u-he.com/support/#contact (https://u-he.com/support/#contact)
Good to know, I will keep that in mind.

If I was U-he, i'd preface the current blurb on Filterscape 1.5 by a very short, bolded statement that specifies Filterscape consists of 2 FX plugins and a synth.
(As I had to read that whole block of text attentively to gather that - less patient people would just have concluded it's a bundle of 3 slightly different filters)

Will Filterscape VA get MPE Support in the future? I am so used to at least voice per channel in U-He synths, that I am astonished this isn't the case for Filterscape...

Surprised Filterscape VA hasn’t had mor3 attention, it’s a great sounding and quite unique synth. Superb value in the current sake!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:10 pm Will Filterscape VA get MPE Support in the future? I am so used to at least voice per channel in U-He synths, that I am astonished this isn't the case for Filterscape...
Like Zebra2, FilterscapeVA predates multichannel support by several years. We might revisit the option one day, but even if we see a chance, it won't be before a lot of other stuff gets done (Uhbik, Z3...)

I just bought Filterscape and noticed, that the RND feature is still not working. The first few clicks on the button work but then nothing happens if I click again. I thought this was fixed in the Beta?

Win11 / Bitwig Studio 5 user

edit:
I did a few more tests. The issue seems to occur when clicking multiple times quickly on RND, the process freezes and stops responding. When I wait 1 sec or longer between the next click there's no issue with changing parameters. But once you click too fast, you have to close the app and re-load it to work again

enCiphered wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:22 pm I just bought Filterscape and noticed, that the RND feature is still not working. The first few clicks on the button work but then nothing happens if I click again. I thought this was fixed in the Beta?
Thanks for noticing, I can confirm this. It happens only in the Windows version, not on Mac.
If you click too fast too often, the button can get stuck.
It's enough to close and reopen the GUI to fix this when it happens.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:19 pm
enCiphered wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:22 pm I just bought Filterscape and noticed, that the RND feature is still not working. The first few clicks on the button work but then nothing happens if I click again. I thought this was fixed in the Beta?
Thanks for noticing, I can confirm this. It happens only in the Windows version, not on Mac.
If you click too fast too often, the button can get stuck.
It's enough to close and reopen the GUI to fix this when it happens.
Thanks for confirming. One more question please, I have installed the VST3 and CLAP version of Filterscape. But Bitwig only shows the CLAP version. Do I have to look elsewhere for VST3? This is not the case with any other plugin I have installed

enCiphered wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:22 pm
Thanks for confirming. One more question please, I have installed the VST3 and CLAP version of Filterscape. But Bitwig only shows the CLAP version. Do I have to look elsewhere for VST3? This is not the case with any other plugin I have installed
There's a preference option in Bitwig to only show the CLAP version

Under Settings -> Locations
Last edited by pdxindy on Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enCiphered wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:22 pm I have installed the VST3 and CLAP version of Filterscape. But Bitwig only shows the CLAP version. Do I have to look elsewhere for VST3? This is not the case with any other plugin I have installed
In Bitwig's settings, go to "Locations" and uncheck the "Prefer CLAP over VST" option.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Ah, very nice. Thank you both for your help :)

I finally got it. I didn’t think I needed it but I wanted to complete the u-he collection (I’m missing only one now) and, to my surprise, I’m enjoying it to no end.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:26 pm
enCiphered wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:22 pm I have installed the VST3 and CLAP version of Filterscape. But Bitwig only shows the CLAP version. Do I have to look elsewhere for VST3? This is not the case with any other plugin I have installed
In Bitwig's settings, go to "Locations" and uncheck the "Prefer CLAP over VST" option.
Just out of curiosity, why would a Bitwig user want/need the VST3 version in that DAW, if they have support for the CLAP version?

I'm asking as my DAW, FL Studio, currently has yet to add support for the CLAP audio plugin format. But once it does, I plan to migrate to CLAP for all released plugins that support that format.

Just wondering why a Bitwig user (a DAW which already supports CLAP) would need to go back to using VST3?

MrJubbly wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:15 am Just wondering why a Bitwig user (a DAW which already supports CLAP) would need to go back to using VST3?
There have been issues with the u-he CLAP versions until the latest beta. But now that the issues are sorted, there's no reason to use VST versions in Bitwig. The CLAP versions are superior in a number of ways.

Return to “u-he”