New Cakewalk Next and Sonar

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is weird is that still after 9 months of "coming soon" there is no real announcement of either price point or launch date.
- and it feels more like buying into a service than a standalone daw
- and the public relations with this behavior will hardly make it successful

Still very undecisive
"Cakewalk Next and Cakewalk Sonar will be offered at price points designed to meet the needs of different customers. More information will be provided as we approach the launch date for these new products."

My now past 8 years Sonar, since updated last, is just what I need and works as nice in Windows 11 as any previous OS.
- looks good
- stable as anything
- some minor quirks I can live with

My first Cakewalk was Cakewalk Pro 3.0 in MSDOS late 80's. Had sysex support back then and still many major daws not doing that, especially no real sysex manager which I use for backup of synth presets and such.

But sincerely I wish Cakwalk well and all the success with the new products.

Resonant- Serpent wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:00 am You can download it and check it out now, but they want you to pay if you want to save using the beta.
How much do you have to pay?

burkek wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:25 pm If they don't have a Mac version from the get-go, they are dead in the water. Mark my words.
lol...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

chk071 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:23 am
Resonant- Serpent wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:00 am You can download it and check it out now, but they want you to pay if you want to save using the beta.
jinotsuh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:24 am $149 a year or $49 a month and you can have it now. (Prices could be $1 or so out)

Bandlab Membership/Backstage Pass
Say NO to CLAP!

chk071 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:23 am How much do you have to pay?
$150 yearly
$15 monthly
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

I believe that is wrong, first one is $15 for 3 days(Trial) or something, that then converts into roughly $49 a month. But I am happy to be wrong. Then you have the $149 Yearly.

It's quite a convoluted mess they have there.
Say NO to CLAP!

Nope, the first three days are free...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

The current version includes:

So still no real slip-editing? :shock: :-o :lol:

(i.e.: it appears they still use the same highly antiquated routine/engine for recording audio :dog:)

They seem to be going against their own nomenclature on some pages, SONAR is supposed to refer to the old, Sonar is supposed to refer to the new, it was supposedly to help with confusion lol
Say NO to CLAP!

jens wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:45 am Nope, the first three days are free...
They may be, but try saving during those 3 days.
Say NO to CLAP!

I won't - no slip-editing, no demoing...

but I get your point.

anyway, it's to much of a mess for me, from reading the forums and then going to the sites, I'm not really that interested and my interest wans as time goes on, it thought it might be different, but it's the regular Cakewalk cluster f**k.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:32 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:23 am
jinotsuh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:24 am $149 a year or $49 a month and you can have it now. (Prices could be $1 or so out)

Bandlab Membership/Backstage Pass
Thanks.

No, that can't be right, my head is spinning from everything I have read and heard, Jim has to be on the money, I'm going in for one more look to see if I can make sense of what's going on.
Say NO to CLAP!

well it surely cannot be $49/month or $149/year. that math doesn't work.
Last edited by JamminFool on Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”