My remix of Holden & Thompson - Come To Me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Enjoyed it, some good melodic moments. However, mixing could be a lot better, its mushy, and sounds don't seem to have their own space.

I had to mixdown in Reaper and I'm not used to it. I had issues with FL Studio but thanks.

And deleted. I needed someone to verify what I thought I heard. I'll also say this is a result of switching the DAW to 48khz. So, that thread should look here. It made audio loops and VSTs go out of sync when bounced to wave. I've switched it back and bounced this again and at 44.1 khz it's fine. I'll put it back up ASAP.

I got FL Studio working so here's the updated version. I hope it's less mushy. It sounds different to me with different headphones. Also demoed Sonible Smart EQ. I really like it.

The mix is better than the original. However, still could be improved upon. When you have a vocal, that generally should be the focus, and the other instrumentation is the "support" , not the "competition". Sometimes its good to put the main vocals down the middle and some other competing elements off to the side.
Or, use something like trackspacer or neutron to carve out a space for the vocals.
The vocals seem like they are from Splice or vocal pack, and are sometimes not quite in tune with the underlying chords.
The track is still actually enjoyable (for example, I like the section at 3:51, thats a great changeup), just could be mixed and mastered better to bring it up a level imho.

The vocals were messed up so I had to use Izotope Vocal Doubler and it makes that strange uncentered thing. It's not a common key, neither harmonic or natural or melodic.

Return to “Music Cafe”