Diva 15017 registration not working after OS re-install, plus (possibly fixed) crash

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I needed to re-install my OS, and when re-enabling my plugins, I found that I'm unable to activate Diva. When I enter the serial and hit "apply", nothing happens, no errors, it simple returns to the "Thank you for trying our software" screen, the same as if I'd hit "cancel"... My user name and serial should be correct, I've tried copy-pasting them several times. Same thing happens with every plugin format.

Registration of my other U-he plugins worked without issues! Diva is the new 15017 version, the other plugins are all 12092. I noticed the registration screen in Diva looks slightly different than in the others, so maybe something has been changed there that could be causing issues?

Running Kubuntu 23.04, KDE, REAPER.
Last edited by elcalen on Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. I make electronic music with Linux software.

I know the new Filterscape needed an updated license after the last update but didn't think Diva did... Maybe just try re-requesting your license key(s) by entering your email here: https://u-he.com/my-licenses/

I tried, and the serial there is identical to the one I had before. I had updated Diva on my previous system and it worked without issue. This only occurred after I needed to re-activate it. In any case, there's no message that the serial is wrong or anything like that, simply nothing happens...

Anyway, I managed to find a download for version 12092, and after downgrading to that, the registration worked, as I suspected it would. And after re-updating to 15017 it is still registered. HOWEVER, I'm encountering some weird crashes now with 15017, that I hadn't encountered before my OS reinstall... Loading a Diva instance seems to be crashing REAPER consistently, except it doesn't happen if I started REAPER from the command line, which is really bizarre.

EDIT: crash seems to occur specifically when opening GUI. Also happens in Waveform. As I said, I was using 15017 before my re-install, and I didn't encounter crashes, so I have no idea what could have changed. Possibly something is misconfigured on my system, or some dependency missing... I dunno if this could be related to the registration issue as well... But in any case, only Diva 15017 seems to be affected, other plugins would appear to open fine...

EDIT 2: in the system log, near the end, I'm seeing the following lines, which I think are likely related to the crash:

Code: Select all

plasmashell[23883]: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
plasmashell[23883]:   what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
EDIT 3: since that message seemed to indicate a locale issue, I messed around a little in KDE's language settings, and then rebooted my pc, and now just Diva seems to work again... I don't know exactly what I did there. Still seems like there must be some kind of bug in Diva 15017, because it appeared to be the only plugin affected. But it would appear to be very situational... And I still don't know if the crash was in any way related to the registration issue or if the two are entirely coincidental... If the crashes happen again, I'll keep you posted, but this one might be a hard one to replicate...

We have updated all dialog systems on Mac, Win and Linux for the new update.
But this of course is very tricky on Linux, with the myriad of possible configurations of Linux flavours, desktop environments, file system browsers and user configurations.
So it's not a surprise that there are some issues with dialogs on some Linux installations.

Which file system browser are you using on your Kubuntu KDE installation?
We will try to reproduce the problem so we can fix it.

The crash is likely unrelated. We started working on locale support, but this is still work in progress.
For the moment, the plugin installs only the default english locale file.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

This is pretty much a stock Kubuntu 23.04 full installation, so it should be using all the standard components, Dolphin etc. X11 session.

This same issue occurs with both the new Diva and Filterscape versions.

OpenSuse tumbleweed
KDE Plasma 5.27.8
Kernel 6.5.6-1
Running under Wayland (but same result under X11 during a quick test I did)
Bitwig 5.0.9 (flatpak with all file permissions allowed using flatseal)
Last edited by sessionthree on Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And note that you can just create these files:
~/.u-he/Filterscape/Support/com.u-he.Filterscape.user.txt
~/.u-he/Diva/Support/com.u-he.Diva.user.txt

And put your registration name in the first line of each file and the respective serial number in the second line of each file. Then your plugin will show as registered.

Thanks for the details, guys. We are on it, but the developer who can work on it is currently out of office, so it will take a bit of time until we can get to the bottom of it.

One thing that would really help us would be a log file, as the problem does not occur on our Linux machines.
Anyone experiencing the issue can create a Diva.log or Filterscape.log file directly on the desktop.
The file can be downloaded from this FAQ article:

https://u-he.com/support/faq.html#troub ... g:crashlog

Once it's in place, start your plugin host, load Diva or Filterscape, try to enter the license and click the Apply button.
Then quit your host and send the log file to our support:

https://u-he.com/support/#contact

Confirming same issue here - both on clean installs of Ubuntu 22.04 and 23.10. Reaper 7.02 and Diva 15017.

Easy to duplicate by clean installing the OS then install the plugins using the install.sh scripts.

I'll see if I can capture the logs.
Ryzen 5 8600G, 32GB DDR5, Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Waveform Pro 13, Mixbus Pro 10, Reaper 7, Bitwig 5.1.

sessionthree wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:52 pm And note that you can just create these files:
~/.u-he/Filterscape/Support/com.u-he.Filterscape.user.txt
~/.u-he/Diva/Support/com.u-he.Diva.user.txt
December 2023 and I ran into the same issue with a new license of Diva. The Repro license worked fine but entering the license into the Diva license dialog didn't appear to do anything. Still said demo version and still had periodic static. Manually creating file per session3 worked however. Thanks for that.

You can also simply use the Diva MPE beta found in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=603439

It fixes the problem with the registration dialog in some Linux distributions.

Return to “u-he Linux support”