Where is Reason 13?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

liquidsound wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:02 am
jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 am Nope - others do that and I say it's nonsense. 😉

(Perhaps read Slic's original post I quoted again to get back on track on who actually said what)
The confusion is "The best of both worlds"...
I'm in one world at the time. :phones:
Doesn't matter what you call it.

In Reason DAW you can sidechain almost every audio, MIDI and control-signal from almost any place in your project to any other. In Bitwig you can probably do quite a bit of that too.

Put whatever in the Reason Rack plugin and you can't sidechain it from anywhere outside this instance of the Reason Rack plugin. So I think it's usually a pretty daft idea to use the Reason Rack plugin in Bitwig (or any other DAW for that matter).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

^^^ Steinberg's own plugins already support multi-channel multiplexed audio side-chaining, so the situation in Cubase is not so bad anymore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Yeah if you can't sidechain in your DAW that's not Reason's fault :D

spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:54 am Yeah if you can't sidechain in your DAW that's not Reason's fault :D
If that's meant to be in reply to me it means you completely misunterstood what I wrote.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I cant think of a time I have wanted to sidechain the Reason rack. Same as I don't want to sidechain the entire VCV Rack when I use that as a plugin.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:38 am
spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:54 am Yeah if you can't sidechain in your DAW that's not Reason's fault :D
If that's meant to be in reply to me it means you completely misunterstood what I wrote.
Maybe... What I understand is that your complaint is about not being possible to exploit all the modulation/sidechain possibilities of the Reason DAW when you run it as a plugin. But that's the case for all DAWs except that most won't let you run the built in devices as plugins in other DAWs...

I fail to see how this is the worst of both worlds, it's just more options for us to use.

spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 am
jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:38 am
Maybe... What I understand is that your complaint is about not being possible to exploit all the modulation/sidechain possibilities of the Reason DAW when you run it as a plugin.
First of all you can't run the Reason DAW as a plugin.
You can only run the Reason rack as a plugin, which is a completely different application.

I am not complaining. As I said I find it a rather pointless thing to use the Reason plugin at all in the first place, which is why I am not doing it, so there is no reason for me to complain.

But that's the case for all DAWs except that most won't let you run the built in devices as plugins in other DAWs...
That's irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
I fail to see how this is the worst of both worlds, it's just more options for us to use.
I think you fail to see it because you apparently still didn't really understand what I said.

I'm just arguing against "worst of both worlds", it's just not. We don't have to agree though.

It is, and I thoroughly explained why. But yes, it doesn't really matter whether you agree or not. :-)

I suspect Reason has more regular Rack users than DAW users currently...I wonder if anyone has ever done a poll? I guess it doesn't really matter to to the Devs, as long as people are buying it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Maybe it's just me but you're not making much sense. First you say the rack is where all the advantages are, then you say it's pointless, then you say it's pointless because you can't sidechain but you actually can if your DAW allows it...

The only thing that is clear is that you don't like it :D

spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:18 am Maybe it's just me but you're not making much sense.
I hope it's just you because it wasn't really very complicated. ;-)

But I will try to make it simpler just for you:
Reason DAW good

Reason plugin not good

:-D

Reason plugin also good :tu:

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:16 am I suspect Reason has more regular Rack users than DAW users currently
Just out of curiousity: what would make you think that?

(Or to put it differently: what would make you say that in the "Hosts & Applications"-forum of all places? :lol:)

Edit: typos
Last edited by jens on Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am Reason plugin also good :tu:
Not but you can think and all good :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”