Diva 1.4.7 update (revision 15105)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:11 am
We fixed the AU scan issue in Digital Performer on Mac, the plugin should now be validated without issues.
Can you do the same with Filterscape ? Digital Performer does not scan it while REASON 12 is OK. :(
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Ah. It was in the blocklist.. Don't know why. All is correct now

Are you sure ?

Adifferences.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape

Alexander was talking about the VST3 in Cubase, not about the AU in Digital Performer.
Filterscape will of course get a bugfix update for this, just as we did for Diva.
I just can't give an ETA yet.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

OK, many thanks and sorry for the off topic _

tasmaniandevil wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:37 pm Alexander was talking about the VST3 in Cubase, not about the AU in Digital Performer.
Filterscape will of course get a bugfix update for this, just as we did for Diva.
I just can't give an ETA yet.
FYI same issue with Hive, but fails VST3 evaluation in DP11.

Great work! Are there any plans to bring NKS2 also to Hive 2 ?
Last edited by Harmes on Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

machinesworking wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:04 pm FYI same issue with Hive, but fails VST3 evaluation in DP11.
I confirm but just in VST3 format: Digital Performer work fine with HIVE 2 at AU and VST2 formats _

Digital Perfomer's VST3 implementation in DP10 was, well, let's just say, interesting. There were so many plugins either not passing the examination or being categorized wrongly that it was best to simply switch to AU or VST2.
That being said, I just checked the Hive VST3 again, it was recognized ok in DP10, but doesn't pass the examination in DP11. So they changed something there.
The good news, a current Hive build from our build servers passes the VST3 examination just fine in DP11.
So this shouldn't be a problem anymore once we are able to post a new Hive beta (hopefully very soon now).

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:47 am Digital Perfomer's VST3 implementation in DP10 was, well, let's just say, interesting. There were so many plugins either not passing the examination or being categorized wrongly that it was best to simply switch to AU or VST2.
In my experience VST3 on Mac in general is "interesting". I also get hard crashes in Reaper with VST3, and plugins that don't show up at all in Live.
I mostly only use it for things like Reason Rack, Reaktor etc. since AU MIDI FX aren't a thing really outside of Logic, but VST can do MIDI out etc.

Hello everyone! Just installed a new Mac system with M2 chip and updated also to Cubase Pro 13. Diva 1.4.7 (15105) is listed as Apple Silicon compatible, but fails the Cubase Pro 13 plugin test and lands on its Blacklist. Trying to activate it from there anyway leads to an immediate closing (crash) of Cubase. Has anyone else experienced this?

macOS is 14.2.1 Sonoma. Cubase version is 13.0.20.148.

Side note: the same plugin loads perfectly fine under Cubase Pro 12, which still runs under Rosetta.

OperatorTank wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:48 am Hello everyone! Just installed a new Mac system with M2 chip and updated also to Cubase Pro 13. Diva 1.4.7 (15105) is listed as Apple Silicon compatible, but fails the Cubase Pro 13 plugin test and lands on its Blacklist. Trying to activate it from there anyway leads to an immediate closing (crash) of Cubase. Has anyone else experienced this?

macOS is 14.2.1 Sonoma. Cubase version is 13.0.20.148.

Side note: the same plugin loads perfectly fine under Cubase Pro 12, which still runs under Rosetta.
have you done the obligatory reboot? i find it usually fixes a lot of things... congrats on new computer BTW. you might try running cubase in rosetta mode and letting it scan all the plug ins and see what happens. then reboot.. then run it in native mode and see if there's any change.

wish i could be more help. still on ventura over here and not a cubase user.

OperatorTank wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:48 am Hello everyone! Just installed a new Mac system with M2 chip and updated also to Cubase Pro 13. Diva 1.4.7 (15105) is listed as Apple Silicon compatible, but fails the Cubase Pro 13 plugin test and lands on its Blacklist.
Steinberg changed some details of their plugin scanning process between Cubase 13.0.1 and Cubase 13.0.2. As a result, Diva fails their scan in 13.0.2 and is put on the blacklist.

Please install the Diva public beta available in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=603439

This fixes the problem and Cubase will unblock Diva.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:12 am Steinberg changed some details of their plugin scanning process between Cubase 13.0.1 and Cubase 13.0.2. As a result, Diva fails their scan in 13.0.2 and is put on the blacklist.

Please install the Diva public beta available in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=603439

This fixes the problem and Cubase will unblock Diva.

It indeed does! Brilliant. Thank you very much!
I will report should I run into anything.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
A small buglet with this update: When I ran the installer on macOS,

Code: Select all (#)

Diva 1.4.7 Installer.pkg
, it opened the Diva installer, which said:
Welcome to the u-he Diva Installer
Diva version 1.4.6
But the installer actually installed version 1.4.7, so this is only a cosmetic issue.

Return to “u-he”