Diva 1.4.7 update (revision 15105)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

we just just released a minor Diva bugfix update, version 1.4.7.

Get it right here: https://u-he.com/products/diva/

Main changes:

We improved support for the next generation of NI NKS. There were some niggles here and there concerning parameter naming and sorting. If you are treating yourself with one of their new keyboards, make sure to install this Diva update.

We fixed the AU scan issue in Digital Performer on Mac, the plugin should now be validated without issues.

And the status of the junk folder wasn't stored when setting it in the "hidden folders" menu in the browser. This is fixed as well.

This update is for Mac and Windows only, the Linux version stays at 1.4.6.
The readme and the manual have not been updated, so those will still display version 1.4.6.

Some Linux users are having problems with the registration dialog, we are still working on that one.

And we still have no real clue why Pro Tools is crashing during the AAX scan for a few Windows users. The problem usually fixes itself by repeatedly running the Diva installer. We have contacted Avid to ask for help, but haven't heard back from them yet.

That's it.
Cheers,
Tas
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Many thanks for the update!

Fyi, Diva shows 1.4.7 version, the installer shows "Diva version 1.4.6" though.

nordickvr wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:35 am Fyi, Diva shows 1.4.7 version, the installer shows "Diva version 1.4.6" though.
AFAIK that's the "readme" Tas mentioned

yes, that's what I mentioned, the Mac installer displays the text of the readme file

Oh, I see.
My mistake.

Thanks for the update! by the way is the AAX version is ver 1.0 instead of 1.4.7?

darkinners wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:57 am Thanks for the update! by the way is the AAX version is ver 1.0 instead of 1.4.7?
Yes, that's expected. Was a byproduct of our new AAX implementation. We currently cannot report the correct version number to Pro Tools anymore, so it will always display version 1.0.0.
If you check this by looking at the main data display of the plugin, directly after loading it, it will show the correct version 1.4.7 there.

Yesterday I received one of the new keyboards with NKS2. Great work on that integration! I love it!

Some suggestions that I have no idea if it's even possible to implement:
  • It would be nicer if the first two parameters (Attack, Decay) of ENV2 were in the next page. Then you have all the controls for that envelope in the same place without having to change pages all the time.
  • When changing sections (e.g.: Filter to Envelopes), it would be nice if it would remember which subpage you're in. So you could for example change quickly between adjusting the filter modulation amount and ENV2 without a lot of paging around. Maybe pressing or holding the current section button could jump to the first subpage of that section... or even better hold to set the current page as the "home" for that section then just pressing can jump to that one.
I hope that makes sense. Anyway this is really really cool! Thanks for the update! :D

spacepluk wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:13 pm It would be nicer if the first two parameters (Attack, Decay) of ENV2 were in the next page. Then you have all the controls for that envelope in the same place without having to change pages all the time.
Agreed one hundred percent, this was one of the first things I asked our developers for while testing.
But NKS2 doesn't have the concept of "pages" anymore. It's all sorted in sections now, and there is no option to say "hey this section ended here, can you continue with the next section on the next page please?"
spacepluk wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:13 pm When changing sections (e.g.: Filter to Envelopes), it would be nice if it would remember which subpage you're in.
Sounds like a nice idea, but this, too, is outside of our control.

Both of these are good ideas. It would be great if you could send those to the folks at NI. :wink:

Considering how little love DP gets, and how cool U-He was when I reported that bug, instantly saying it was probably on their end, this is just great human relations, thanks. :love:

tasmaniandevil wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:42 am Both of these are good ideas. It would be great if you could send those to the folks at NI. :wink:
Will do! :)

spacepluk wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:13 pm Yesterday I received one of the new keyboards with NKS2. Great work on that integration! I love it!

Some suggestions that I have no idea if it's even possible to implement:
  • It would be nicer if the first two parameters (Attack, Decay) of ENV2 were in the next page. Then you have all the controls for that envelope in the same place without having to change pages all the time.
  • When changing sections (e.g.: Filter to Envelopes), it would be nice if it would remember which subpage you're in. So you could for example change quickly between adjusting the filter modulation amount and ENV2 without a lot of paging around. Maybe pressing or holding the current section button could jump to the first subpage of that section... or even better hold to set the current page as the "home" for that section then just pressing can jump to that one.
I hope that makes sense. Anyway this is really really cool! Thanks for the update! :D
ADSR controls are not in the same page?

IMG_4458.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I thought there was supposed to be a way to fluently scroll through the controls, at least that's what we were shown at NAMM earlier this year when we had an opportunity to look at a prototype. I guess they're either still working on that feature or they might have dropped it. We don't know.

VST3 Doesn't work In Cubase! It doesn't show in the plugin manager.... Windows 10...How I can back to early version??

Return to “u-he”