Charlatan³ Free VA synth updated to v3.1.2 (Win/Linux)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan

Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:53 pm If I were to keytracked the filter cutoff so the self-oscillation is tubes with the keys, what modulation depth is needed?
In key? Have you tried 100%?
But you need to tune the filter first to the nearest note of your preference, you can use any tuner plugin, set filter Q to self oscillation and adjust filter frequency.

wikter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:55 am
Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:53 pm If I were to keytracked the filter cutoff so the self-oscillation is tubes with the keys, what modulation depth is needed?
In key? Have you tried 100%?
But you need to tune the filter first to the nearest note of your preference, you can use any tuner plugin, set filter Q to self oscillation and adjust filter frequency.
I don't see a percentage. If I do full range in the modulation matrix, it won't work properly.

Try 48.0 st. If you also set the cutoff param to 261.6 Hz (C4) (via double-click), the resonant frequency will track the fundamental frequency of the note.
The same mapping rule also applies to other parameters with logarithmic modulation scale, such as Osc pitch and LFO rate. For example, by applying -48.0 st Note modulation to Osc pitch, you can disable key tracking for the osc, because this modulation will cancel out the internal hard-wired key tracking.

This looks really great!
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Any chance that the final release can be 12 voice polyphony please ? 🙏
No auto tune...

As was famously said on Mythbusters. In case of doubt, use C4. Or double-click.

Just noticed.

LFO and XLFO
hasn't free run mode.
There is only retrigger/restart mode.

Sadly.

MONO Mode on LFO?

Snow and Electricity wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:01 pm Just noticed.

LFO and XLFO
hasn't free run mode.
There is only retrigger/restart mode.

Sadly.
Set phase to "Free" (click-drag towards max value)

beta3, win11:
Getting an unhandeled exeption when quitting the program (savihost).
Screenshot 2024-03-04 224805.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, just about the Mac version, Karrikuh, would it be a good idea to join Surge Team to get a bit of help in order to port the plug-in to other platforms?
There's a Discord chat group where some other open source developers already joined.
Maybe the licensing doesn't fits your project, but I think it could be a good point.
Anyway, this is an invitation to SurgeTeam's Discord:
https://discord.gg/npW8rA2Q

Charlatan³ 3.0.0 Final officially released! Thanks again for your feedback so far, enjoy!
Visit official website

3.0 final (2024-03-15)
  • Double the modulation processing rate (allows faster attack and smoother audio rate modulation)
  • Support adjustment of modulation depth via mouse wheel
  • Visualize filter balance modulation range
  • Replace "D" switch (Direct out) in Osc panel with "Route to Filter" switch
  • UI polishing
  • Added a few more factory presets
  • VST3: support Sustain pedal
  • VST3: handle MIDI All Notes Off message
  • BUGFIX: Crash when attempting to add a 5th modulation to a parameter
  • BUGFIX: Sustain pedal handling in Legato voice mode
  • BUGFIX: Drawing errors in Osc harmonics editor
  • BUGFIX: Reverb FX sound broken when modulating time out of range

Very exciting! I've been looking forward to the official release.

Thank you so much for this little gem 💎
No auto tune...

Thanks to you and to everyone who helped with the testing. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”