BFD3 current sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thinking of picking up BFD3 from PB. I mostly use EZ3 but would like to try out BFD3. I've heard all the demos which sound good, but I don't want another app that is annoying to install/update, phones home, crazy installer, ect. Other than the sound which is fine how is BFD to work with ?

MeanMrMustard wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:37 pm I've heard all the demos which sound good, but I don't want another app that is annoying to install/update, phones home, crazy installer, ect. Other than the sound which is fine how is BFD to work with ?
Yes it does all of those things. In spades. Buggy installer that sometimes 'forgets' your licensed libraries, it phones home every 90-days to check you're not on the criminal list, which the website requirements don't even inform you of. Owned by inMusic (that's enough to put me off anything these days). No VST3 yet. No big update likely till late 2024, early 2025 at best. I'd just stick with EZ3 if I were you.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BFD3 sounds great and is worth the minor hassle associated with the 90 day reset. Some folk are really pissed about the 90 day check, I find it annoying but it's not a deal breaker. As long as you go online and reset the licenses within 90 days you are fine. I've not had issues with licenses being forgotten. No issues with the installer. True no VST3, not sure when that will surface.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

I bought it last week. The install process had a lot of steps but was pretty straightforward. Download and run the license manager from PB, sign in (or create) an InMusic account in your browser, add your serial number from PB to the license manager, use the license manager to download the BFD installer and the core library installer and run those. Like I said, a lot of steps, but I didn't experience any issues. Works great so far in both standalone mode and in Bitwig.

I just picked up the free BFD and installed it. It doesn't run after installation (says its missing certain files). Total waste of time.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:15 pm I just picked up the free BFD and installed it. It doesn't run after installation (says its missing certain files). Total waste of time.
You may want to try it again. I installed it a week or two ago with no problems. Works great. I can't believe it is free, honestly.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

BassMasterK wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:06 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:15 pm I just picked up the free BFD and installed it. It doesn't run after installation (says its missing certain files). Total waste of time.
You may want to try it again. I installed it a week or two ago with no problems. Works great. I can't believe it is free, honestly.
Thanks, but I've installed and un-installed it twice already. Maybe it doesn't like my setup :shrug:

Is BFD3 significantly better than BFD2, which I’ve been using for years? Do you get much in the way of extra instruments?

Tim Bick

timbickvo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:32 pm Is BFD3 significantly better than BFD2, which I’ve been using for years? Do you get much in the way of extra instruments?

Tim Bick
Its tons better, absolutely.

I was wondering how many snare drums are included. I am a big fan of Ludwig drums (I saw one Ludwig snare in a video for it) but wondered what other snares there may be.

Is there a list of the kits that are included?

I see some kits on the pages in the manual for Core Library Tracking notes, but are there other kits?https://www.fxpansion.com/webmanuals/bf ... ionmanual/

Examigan wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:25 pm I see some kits on the pages in the manual for Core Library Tracking notes, but are there other kits?https://www.fxpansion.com/webmanuals/bf ... ionmanual/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0q07KTTioU
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

for my purposes (no interest in metal, midi grooves or boomer classic presets);
> BFD3 is highly preferred for well engineered acoustic drums, none better. including some of the best cymbals and a broad range of expansions to supplement the core sounds
> BFD3 offers quite a bit more capability than BFD2, ymmv
> tried to like SD2, never got there. nothing else even comes close...
> the "proprietary" authorization requirement is the worst of -any- software i own. it's improved a bit after the disastrous rollout a couple of years ago, but continues to be a problem, including a recent unexpected and unfortunate de-authorization despite all best efforts to prevent it.
> InMusic -really- needs to try something that does not hold a customer's investment hostage
> SD3 is getting a good look and significant investment this BF... (sigh)

Hi guys - hope You dont mind if I will ask about this;

there are three options when installing the BFD3 Core Library - Full/Medium/Small installation type (means the library will occupy about 55/28/18GB on the disc). I have not found any info anywhere what the practical difference between these three options is. Do You know? Are there less round robins, less dynamic options, less mic-takes in the smaller ones? Or what?

---

praashek wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:02 pm Hi guys - hope You dont mind if I will ask about this;

there are three options when installing the BFD3 Core Library - Full/Medium/Small installation type (means the library will occupy about 55/28/18GB on the disc). I have not found any info anywhere what the practical difference between these three options is. Do You know? Are there less round robins, less dynamic options, less mic-takes in the smaller ones? Or what?

---
I believe it’s just less samples installed. You don’t miss any features or mic-takes. I think they just remove every so many samples from the full amount available. So probably it’s less actually recorded velocities and the samples you install cover a larger velocity range.

Return to “Instruments”