BFD3 current sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll take the non-answer to 'do you have a copy of VE Pro 7' to work with as a no. Questions being ignored is not a happy result and wastes my time.

I will suggest an alternative move: you could get a trial of VE Pro 7 and see for yourself. My time is valuable to me, just as yours is to you.

At first it looked like a great deal, BFD3 for $49.

Then, however, learning that the plugin makes people prove that they are not criminals every 90 days shows a lack of respect to honest customers. And on top of that the company is covert about that in their product description.
Software needs to be working offline after a proper authorizations for the entire duration of the obtained license. Requiring re-authorization or constant or intermittent internet connection to keep it going is compromising the user's convenience and in some cases outright patronizing.
Needless to say this makes me pass on this offer.

I just bought it.
It was absurd how many steps i had to go through to finish the transaction.
First code from plugivery.
2. Redeem with code at inmusic.
3. Getting a serial and save it.
4. Download license manager and software center. Then realising that dl of software center was unnecessary because it can be done in license manager.
5. Forced to make an account at inmusic.
6. There's at least 3 more steps in the license manager. Serial is one of them.
7. Download the library/core. Took somewhere between 2 and 3 hours and i'm on a fast cable speed.
Be sure you have lots of time for this purchase.

What a process to register this.I can't even copy the full license into the registration box.
I can log in to the inmusic site but not the support portal. Did manage to fill out a support ticket.I logged back in to
Add to the ticket "you have no ticket pending."Fill out another ticket can't login again! wow! What a mistake buying this.

I sold BFD3 years ago and regretted it, glad to pick it up again for so cheap. :party:

bill45 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:20 pm I can't even copy the full license into the registration box.
Sounds like you are trying to put the plugivery redeem code into the BFD reg thingy.

lotus2035 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:01 pm
bill45 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:20 pm I can't even copy the full license into the registration box.
Sounds like you are trying to put the plugivery redeem code into the BFD reg thingy.
It is definitely the BFD license.. BFD license begins with BFD30.Plugyvery begins with OV. They got back to me today.They just sent me an install guide.I wonder if they read the ticket?

The every 90 day having to get verified is a uniquely bad idea. It is frustrating and insulting. I had not used BFD in a year and had forgotten about this frustrating ritual. It took several hours to figure it out and even then several of my drum libraries did not work. In all I spent half a day getting my setup to work again. They certainly offer some great sounds. There are few other libraries that have that quality. But the user experience is just the opposite. Very frustrating. Very strange.

This might be a good place to ask:

I have a hard time understanding what BFD does in regards to mapping. It's completely weird to me: when I drag a Groove from BFD onto a host-track (Reaper), the resulting MIDI triggers completely different notes than it should in order to play/reproduce the Groove inside BFD.

I've never had any similar problem with any other drum-plugin. What am I doing wrong? :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

How old is this plugin? Looked tempting at €49, but I don't like to jump through hoops. Pass.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

jens wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:08 pm what BFD does in regards to mapping.
don't use grooves but keymaps sound like your answer. one time setup in BFD and then good to go for the DAWs i use.
balimusic wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:19 am The every 90 day having to get verified is a uniquely bad idea.
this^... just shaking my head. used it for well over 15 years in professional settings and finding my 4 figure investment (purchased before InMusic) being de-authorized w/o warning in less than two weeks. 3rd time now since the "re-launch"...

bought SD3 and 3 SDXs yesterday. the more recent ones sound like they have some real potential for my purposes.

sonidomolino wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:51 pm
jens wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:08 pm what BFD does in regards to mapping.
don't use grooves but keymaps sound like your answer. one time setup in BFD and then good to go for the DAWs i use.
The keymaps are instrument-specific, not DAW-specific - plus I have it set it to BFD 3.0 anyway...

but either way, it seems to have been just some weird bug, since now it works as expected.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:57 pm The keymaps are instrument-specific, not DAW-specific
my bad, tossed off an incomplete answer. i use a "standard" keymap in BFD3 for all kits which maps directly to a "standard" (PRV) map in multiple DAWs. essential for switching cross platform with multiple clients. i do not use MIDI grooves or the BFD groove palette

Bombadil wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:32 pm How old is this plugin? Looked tempting at €49, but I don't like to jump through hoops. Pass.
OH you are gonna jump through hoops!! I bought it a week ago.Still not running.Tech support is trying to help.

I finally got BFD3 authorized.But halfway through the install process "license manager needs to be updated.press cancel to quit" I have the latest license manager.GRRRRR.

Return to “Instruments”