Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice! Time to break out the old macbook

10.8.1 is out.

i wish they'd make it so the mixer had adjustable faders to get more travel out of the lower ranges.

Fixes the note doubling issues but they still have MFX in the wrong place, moved from fx menu to instruments menu which I can't understand the logic behind because the whole point of MFX (MIDI controlled effects, not MIDI FX) is they could be inserted onto instrument tracks and controlled via midi controllers, something standard AUs couldn't do in Logic. However if they are in the instruments menu if you load one it replaces the instrument, so the only workaround would be to put them on a second instrument track and route audio from the first track containing the instrument to the one containing the MFX but that's a real kludge.

dayjob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:10 pm 10.8.1 is out.

i wish they'd make it so the mixer had adjustable faders to get more travel out of the lower ranges.

i mean i think it would also be nice to have peak/rms on faders like s1/even fricken ableton. i mean with ableton 12 logic has the worst meters of any daw imo but they have the tech within plugins so its only a matter of time till they display it on meters. worse things have happened. i mean they are so small compared to other daws and with how good display monitors are now its wild they dont do anything. on my studio display the faders are so tiny!

ive been dabbling in logic lately and im very impressed. the samplers are phenomenal. logic is very quirky compared to s1. s1 theres like a million ways to do a single task logic theres 1 specific way if its tedious for you well prepare for the pita and do it.

its been 3 years of ARA being broken though? wild. such an apple thing. pretty positive they are going to do their own thing with AU hosting service at this point.

logic pro is sandboxed and i dont think enough people know this. s1 is crash city right now for me thats why im dabbling on logic.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:30 pm Fixes the note doubling issues but they still have MFX in the wrong place, moved from fx menu to instruments menu which I can't understand the logic behind because the whole point of MFX (MIDI controlled effects, not MIDI FX) is they could be inserted onto instrument tracks and controlled via midi controllers, something standard AUs couldn't do in Logic. However if they are in the instruments menu if you load one it replaces the instrument, so the only workaround would be to put them on a second instrument track and route audio from the first track containing the instrument to the one containing the MFX but that's a real kludge.
In all honestly the current state of MIDI routing in Logic, combined with the current plugin resizing/keystroke bug, might make me go back to Reaper.

stoopicus wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:04 pm In all honestly the current state of MIDI routing in Logic, combined with the current plugin resizing/keystroke bug, might make me go back to Reaper.
I've been considering moving from Logic to Reaper as Logic is unstable, inefficient, and pins me into the Apple ecosystem.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

I really like Logic but the self imposed limitations on routing and the fact that a bug as obvious as the plugin resizing issue has persisted all year just makes me want to put it aside for a while.

Logic IS great!

...and yet it just took me two minutes to route Pigments' MIDI ARP reliably to external synths in Reaper, and I can even type in plugin text fields there after they resize. Which is the frustrating bit about Logic, as it should be able to do these things too :)

Is there any update on when melodyne will work with ara in Logic Pro?

:borg:
Last edited by J Veronica on Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VCpar wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:09 pm Is there any update on when melodyne will work with ara in Logic Pro?
no unfortunately not.
It's on apple to fix it and they're not big on announcing updates so it might be tomorrow or next year

J Veronica wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:01 am I really want to try Logic, but I'm a Windows poor, so I switched to Reaper and used a Logic theme :clown:
I was in the same boat until last year when I took the plunge and bought Mac mini M2 Pro (on a 6 months no interest EMI plan). A happy user here. It is the best looking and organized DAW in my humble opinion. Yes, there are a few things I would like to be improved/different, but I love it for the most part. I suggest going to an Apple store near your place and giving it a try, which is what I did despite being certain about it. :)

J Veronica wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:01 am I really want to try Logic, but I'm a Windows poor, so I switched to Reaper and used a Logic theme :clown:
How funny, when I first switched to Logic I used a Reaper theme!

Oh wait, nevermind. That was just a nightmare I had last week. :phew:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

come on apple, do something...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”