MPE support public preview revision 15139 (ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, that's also how I do it in Bitwig, pdxindy :) For CLAP Plugins, I have a preset where I have expression modulators via Curves (which also gives a nice visualization of what's happening!).

I think one important thing here is that this needs to be done per preset, so a global config will not work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Fannon wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:06 pm Yes, that's also how I do it in Bitwig, pdxindy :) For CLAP Plugins, I have a preset where I have expression modulators via Curves (which also gives a nice visualization of what's happening!).

I think one important thing here is that this needs to be done per preset, so a global config will not work.
Yeah, using modulators gives a visualization.

Using Note Grid, I can change presets or synths and the curves are unaffected.

-- deleted --

I saw comments on another thread how it's difficult to make presets for all mpe controllers since they are very different. I'd say the main thing is the timbre sensitivity, so as mentioned here, having some kind of easy mod amount for the timbre is pretty important. It's not even just between different controllers but even different modes of a single controller that presets need to be tailored to. For example using the linnstrument with bipolar modulation is much different than unipolar. Seaboards have that option too but for the linnstrument it's very important because anything with a lot of timbre modulation is unplayable on linnsturment due to the much shorter vertical modulation length. I switch the linnstrument to unipolar modulation for timbre and presets made for seaboards are much more playable as you can play unmodulated much easier by leaning more downwards on note strikes. Still I'd tend to lessen the timbre modulation.

I'm hving a weird problem with Diva clap in Bitwig. Playing multiple notes is causing some kind of strange noise/modulation/lower tones. Its' weird and different on different patches, btu weird interference of some kind. Not happening on the VST3 one and I don't remember happening last time I tried it but didn't use it much. Bitwig update issue? Known issue?

sounds like an issue Bitwig had already fixed...

Urs wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:34 pm sounds like an issue Bitwig had already fixed...
Update - it only happens with multicore on. Seems kinda like a cpu overload but not exactly. Fuzziness and weridness. The cpu meter isn't close to maxing out (and sounds fine on single core) but something weird with multicore on, for both Bazille clap and Diva clap. VST3 is fine with both and CLAP seems fine with multicore off.

I'm on bitwig 5.1.5 by the way (latest version)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:32 pm I'm hving a weird problem with Diva clap in Bitwig. Playing multiple notes is causing some kind of strange noise/modulation/lower tones.
Please report this to Bitwig as well. Can't be 100% sure, but as Urs mentioned, this sounds like a Bitwig issue they had already been aware of.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:46 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:32 pm I'm hving a weird problem with Diva clap in Bitwig. Playing multiple notes is causing some kind of strange noise/modulation/lower tones.
Please report this to Bitwig as well. Can't be 100% sure, but as Urs mentioned, this sounds like a Bitwig issue they had already been aware of.
Will do.

By the way, where does repro fit into the overall priorities? That's the one I've really been waiting for with clap polymod!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:30 pm By the way, where does repro fit into the overall priorities? That's the one I've really been waiting for with clap polymod!
It's almost a weird kind of trivia. So I did all the per note stuff, PolyMod and note expressions and all that for ACE/Baz/Diva/Hive, which the four share and which is also what's needed for MPE. Repro has its own voice management, and I want one of the other devs to take my work as a template and apply it to Repro's special case. Share knowledge and all that. It's been difficult to find a window to do this while they're working on Uhbik and pressing matters (wrappers and stuff) and while I'm working on Z3 stuff. We'll eventually find the time.

OTOH we also first want to be 100% sure that ACE/Baz/Diva/Hive work with all of it. So I guess we were also kind of hoping for more hosts to support PolyMod.

Now that Zebralette is on a good path (loads of niggles and improvements though...) and even Uhbik has reached internal milestones, maybe we'll sit down and see where Repro fits in some time soon.

That said, we just added two more slots to Repro's ModMatrices, which are also urgently needed for MPE. And we did a lot of UI stuff. I guess this means we'll do a beta soon, even if without deep CLAP/PolyMod/MPE stuff.

Repro-5 doesn't seem to be responding to ctrl A (with ctrl A set to cc 74 in Preferences, Ableton in MPE mode, Seaboard Slide/Y axis set to cc 74). It works fine in Bazille. Very disappointing....

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:51 am Repro-5 doesn't seem to be responding to ctrl A (with ctrl A set to cc 74 in Preferences, Ableton in MPE mode, Seaboard Slide/Y axis set to cc 74). It works fine in Bazille. Very disappointing....
There is no MPE beta for Repro yet. This thread is about MPE betas for ACE, Bazille, Diva and Hive.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:31 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:51 am Repro-5 doesn't seem to be responding to ctrl A (with ctrl A set to cc 74 in Preferences, Ableton in MPE mode, Seaboard Slide/Y axis set to cc 74). It works fine in Bazille. Very disappointing....
There is no MPE beta for Repro yet. This thread is about MPE betas for ACE, Bazille, Diva and Hive.
Urs just posted about Repro in this thread, so it seems sufficiently on topic. Repro has supported most aspects of MPE for a long time. For example, according to this thread from 2019, everything except release velocity ("Lift") and master channel midi messages should work in MPE mode:

viewtopic.php?t=536805

Looking at the statement "Using the VST3 plugin in Bitwig... * in the plugin, set the global Pitch Bend range to your liking (don't set it to MPE though)"

So, in working with Bitwig, do we NOT set the Pitch Bend up and down to MPE? In the regular instructions it says to do so, but the exception is Bitwig? Or is there a Global pitch bend range that is different from Pitch up and Pitch down in the synth? (Hive, Bazille and ACE in my case)

Sorry to be lame about this but I wanted to be exactly correct and not miss something :)

Return to “u-he”