Best workhorse all-around reverb?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's nearly black friday (lots of sales started already). What is the one reverb plugin to buy if it goes on sale, at least from the standpoint of "if you could only have one reverb plugin in your toolkit" type of scenario?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I wasn't finding answers after reading 6-7 pages deep into the search results.

Not going on sale ( don't think he ever does that ) but Vallhalla vintage verb is a fantastic allrounder , and 50 euro is a great price
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

For me personally it's Pro-R. I use it in every project, mainly because of the decay rate EQ and the low performance impact.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

VVV

I have a bunch of reverbs but Waves H Reverb covers the most territory, for me.

relab 480, softube tsar

The free NI Raum.

Yes, I know, it's a sucky recommendation to fulfill the Black Friday GAS buy needs. :D

Get Valhalla Supermassive (free) and if it doesn't terrify you, buy either VVV or Valhalla Room, depending on tastes.

That said I actually use Melda's reverbs more than others, even the free MCharmVerb is great.

I'm probably picking up SparkVerb in the Black Friday sale, myself.

Nice to see a wide selection of opinions. I like the sounds of the Valhalla Room, but I guess the vibe I'm getting is they don't ever go on sale? (and, tbh, they are reasonably priced already)

I would also check out Toneboosters Reverb 4, super clean and versatile, extremely tweakable.
https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_reverb_v4.html
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Valhalla Vintage Verb for 50 bucks and absolutely works as an 'all rounder' -- it doesn't have to sound Vintage. It does everything, and does it well.

Melda Productions reverbs are crazy good for sound design. I really like Crystalline for rhythmic duties with its attack and decay syncing options.

Doc3g wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:50 am Nice to see a wide selection of opinions. I like the sounds of the Valhalla Room, but I guess the vibe I'm getting is they don't ever go on sale? (and, tbh, they are reasonably priced already)
Correct, and correct

I’ve no workhorse reverb, but a list of preferred reverbs, especially in the vintage sound domain.
Vintage: Symphony 3D, Valhalla Vintage Verb, UAD Lexicon 224
Clean: Stratus 3D
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

If you are fine with having just a few controls, but several algorithms, check out Xenoverb.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”