Best workhorse all-around reverb?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Raum is pretty awesome! There's tons of free options, no need to pay for anything.
Calm Before now 20% OFF!!! Code "KVR20" https://www.bigdaw.audio/products/calmbefore
In seconds, create contrast in your builds and transitions by automating low end, high end, gain, width, and washout.

Valhalla VV is a really good affordable option, and lots of people here have already recommended it. BUT... if you're getting started you well find that the reverb(s) included in your DAW are good enough for instruments as well as for mixes.

Ableton and Logic each come with three different reverb effects, for instance.

WAves Renaissance Reverb or Waves H-Reverb

Eventide UltraReverb

It's a beast and ultra flexible reverb but still simple.

It come with 9 algorithms (2 room, 2 chamber, 2 room, 2 hall, 2 plate, ambience)
on top a delay (pre/post), compressor (pre/post) and multiple eq (pre/post, reverb...)

On sales at $99

gimlix wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:57 am Valhalla VV is a really good affordable option, and lots of people here have already recommended it. BUT... if you're getting started you well find that the reverb(s) included in your DAW are good enough for instruments as well as for mixes.

Ableton and Logic each come with three different reverb effects, for instance.
Unfortunately, Reaper comes with mediocre reverbs and I suspect other DAWs too.
OrilRiver and StoneVoice Ambient crush the builtin reverb.

Valhalla Room or Seventh Heaven (standard) are my votes for best workhorses at an affordable price.

I don't think there's any such thing as an "all arounder" reverb or one that "does it all." But I've never had much use for a reverb with a light touch, so Valhalla's Vintage Verb would be it if I could only have one.

And really no offense, but this is a kind of pointless question, since there's no quota on how many reverbs one can have, although I never saw the point of having a bunch...I have two or three I use and that's it. Zero interest in more.

I guess it depends what kind of music you're making. I recently bought Spaces ii and been enjoying it quite a bit.

For me: Cinematic Rooms Pro if I could only use one.

But I also like having a “vintage” reverb on hand like the UAD 224.

I would split it up into two categories: new "state-of-the-art" clean reverbs and character vintage reverbs. For me, currently it would be Cinematic Rooms Pro for the former and Valhalla Vintage Verb for the latter, although Tai Chi and UAD 224 get a lot of use from me.

Raum is the winner for me 🎯

That's my desert island reverb...

The only other reverbs I really use are Valhalla Room and Tonebooster's Reverb 4 🌟
No auto tune...

Just one plugin does it all, AFAIC - a good convolution verb.

Arturia LX-24
You are currently reading my signature.

I actually really like the algorithm and convolution reverb plugins that come with Reaper. Granted, I'm just a hobbyist and probably don't have as many console hours as other forum members do, but they work for my purposes. I also really like the Orilriver plugin.
I just got Izotope Neoverb and it's really nice so far.. I'm hoping this can be my new workhorse once I learn it's strengths and weaknesses. So far it's very intuitive to use and the unmask feature seems very helpful.

ToneBoosters for me, always :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”