Best workhorse all-around reverb?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not an engineer and I don't like to tweak toons of buttons and faders in order to have the exact sound I have in mind.
But...
Since I've used Fabfilter pro R, my live changed !
Ok. I know that there are some buttons and rotative faders in the FabFilter GUI... but since I heard the Dan Worrall tutorial(s) and I take confidence to my hears, I've found my Go To reverb, as my music has nothing to do with sound design.

My 2 cents.
Musically yours.

My personal go-to reverb is Valhalla Vintage Verb...

For another perspective, a buddy of mine, whose DAW setup is made up almost entirely of free plugins, loves OrilRiver, a free algorhythmic reverb VST.

In fact if you're looking into free reverbs, this list might be helpful:

https://unison.audio/free-reverb-plugins/

In other words, let’s have another ‘what's your favourite reverb’ thread? 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:22 pm In other words, let’s have another ‘what's your favourite reverb’ thread? 🤷‍♂️
My favorite at the moment is Raum, as I have mentioned above. :D

By the way, I less see these threads as a "list your favorite plugins", as rather as "Feed me, I have no opinion, and I need to be spoon fed". Perfect hotbed for the influencers of this world.

Either that, or the guy needs data for his "university research project". *cough cough*

Fabfilter R-2, not using one personaly, but i demoed for sheer interest. If i didnt had Valhalla Reverbs, REV LX24 and many others. Id be gladly just using that one.

ramseysounds wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:22 pm In other words, let’s have another ‘what's your favourite reverb’ thread? 🤷‍♂️
Yup. Just another of the dozens of variants of it indeed.
Here is another one started the week before:
viewtopic.php?t=603248

flugel45 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:01 pm My personal go-to reverb is Valhalla Vintage Verb...

For another perspective, a buddy of mine, whose DAW setup is made up almost entirely of free plugins, loves OrilRiver, a free algorhythmic reverb VST.

In fact if you're looking into free reverbs, this list might be helpful:

https://unison.audio/free-reverb-plugins/
ConvologyXT and OrilRiver are indeed excellent reverbs. I use OrilRiver all the time, including when listening to music (in that case I use the preset Dim Expander A, which doesn't really add a tail but adds a lot of air and space).

What happened with AudioEase and Altiverb? That was hailed as the best thing ever for a while.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:09 pm What happened with AudioEase and Altiverb? That was hailed as the best thing ever for a while.
Lots of reverbs are hailed as the best thing ever. Even mediocre ones are often hailed as the best thing ever. In fact, a more eye opening thread (but just as subjective, and also prone to online wars and trolling) would be "what is the most disappointing reverb/synth plugin you have" ?

But the closest to the definition of a workhorse probably is VVV (Valhalla VintageVerb). At least it is the most universally cited as such and probably one of the most used. As far as I'm concerned, OrilRiver is a workhorse, so much so in fact that I've never felt the need to buy a reverb ever since I came across it many years ago.

I think Waves H-Reverb can be considered a workhorse all-around reverb.

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:09 pm What happened with AudioEase and Altiverb? That was hailed as the best thing ever for a while.
Altiverb is great. I work in post-production audio and we use it all the time. Very good for placing sound effects in the spaces you see on screen. It can also be really cool for music production, can help samples feel less like samples or simulate recording in famous spaces. But it's a convolution reverb and has a different flavour to the algorithmic reverbs that are being mentioned in this thread. For that reason I'm planning on picking up a Valhalla reverb soon but I haven't decided which. Altiverb is also really expensive, even when it's on sale, compared to the Valhalla stuff. If I wasn't doing post work I probably wouldn't own it.

I've been using Tai Chi Lite a lot since I got it. It's kind of an "R4 replacement" since that flaked on me when I updated my OS, and I much prefer the TC interface to that of R4 in any case. I might go for the big version. Also got my sights on Cinematic Rooms from them.

I use Valhalla SuperMassive a lot, though not so much as a regular verb say on a pop/rock tune. I use the stock Logic Space Designer and probably should give more time to Logic Chromaverb. For a plate I have Fuse Audio's, and now the free Little Plate but I haven't tried it yet. If the loyalty discounts from Liquidsonics suck me in I might end up with some of their others :)

Check this out, let your ear judge...
Neo Reverb is a revolutionary Hybrid Convolution and Algorithm Reverb which combines both advantages of Convolution Reverb and Algorithm Reverb.
https://neovst.com/product/neo-reverb/

Another for VVV.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Tai Chi.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”