Ableton 12 - Generative MIDI, Multiband Distortion and more

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lots of crashes by switching plugins - the 12 beta was much more stable

xbitz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:30 pm btw. especially for those who use Reason, SSL 360 makes a significant difference, especially since the SSL 4K E(at least EQ the curves as well known one in it) is also housed within Reason, and the Meter are available on a rent-to-own basis. The only thing missing is the bus compressor (and the SSL 9000K channel strip), but it's only a matter of time before they put it/them on sale

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/plug-ins/ssl-4k-e
https://store.solidstatelogic.com/plug-ins/meter
or
https://support.solidstatelogic.com/hc/ ... -notes-0-0

subscription wouldn't be an option for sure

luckily it no needs any hardware to able to work
What Live theme are you using, and where can I get it? Looks very old school, like version 6-8 or, but you seem to have it working with Live 12. On that note: when I drop other themes in the Live 12 themes folder, they don't show up... how did you get this working? I really dislike the soft brown default themes of LIve 9 onward.
Thanks!

sacer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:52 pm Lots of crashes by switching plugins - the 12 beta was much more stable
I havent had a single crash and been using it hard since launch- what OS/plugin causing issues?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Me neither. Solid as a rock since betas.

Had a crash today just changing a sample in a Drum Rack. With one Live set, the betas would crash after 3 skin changes.

Whetevs, it's a .0 release, bit of weirdness is inevitable.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Indeed, can't expect too much from a 12.0.0.0. The important thing here is that it gets reported, so devs can have a chance to fix.

The essence, in the first round, is how to incorporate a Swiss Army knife-like mixer in Ableton Live that can handle at least the non-artistic tracks(although the SSL compressors are famously suitable for sound design, they are good for that as well ... at least the real ones). The SSL mixer uses the Mackie protocol for communication under Live, recognizing the sends, track faders, etc. Additionally, the SSL plugins have an ECO mode, something they must have already known :), and of course, everything is right where it has been...if you're a Reason user.

track selection also works both ways AL<>SSL mixer with auto-scrolling

(at least the SSL Hardware Controllers also looks good)

These were today's unpaid SSL minutes, I spent the day on it so you at least don't have to.

ps. by the way, Bitwig also received SSL 360 support, but it has its mixer ... of course.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

rod_zero wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:55 am
OzoneJunkie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:10 pm Haven't read this whole thread, (snip)

So, while I still prefer the old way, the new way works just fine for me, using this technique.
there is already the default tag "creator" that has all company names for VST3 and AU.
Right - thanks. Doesn't have that unfortunately, for VST2 which is what I'm using. But still useful for the VST3 users.

sheeepsss wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:33 am
zeep wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:03 pm
sheeepsss wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:14 am Do someone know if it's possible to deactivate the peak-hold of 10 seconds on the channel meters and just have the pre Live 12 realtime peaks?
How are more people not mentioning this? I wonder if it was discussed during the beta testing.
Ableton is known for not listening to the beta testers though, funnily enough.
I don't know, it slows my workflow and I find it uncomfortable in many ways: so irritating! I hope there's a way to get back to "normal" peak hold values
Because it's fine as it is now?...... :party:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:19 am
sheeepsss wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:33 am
zeep wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:03 pm
sheeepsss wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:14 am Do someone know if it's possible to deactivate the peak-hold of 10 seconds on the channel meters and just have the pre Live 12 realtime peaks?
How are more people not mentioning this? I wonder if it was discussed during the beta testing.
Ableton is known for not listening to the beta testers though, funnily enough.
I don't know, it slows my workflow and I find it uncomfortable in many ways: so irritating! I hope there's a way to get back to "normal" peak hold values
Because it's fine as it is now?...... :party:
I don't think it's fine having to wait for 10 seconds to match the peaks when adjusting vsts and track volume for many tasks, it just has no sense given that there's already the numerical max peak that can be used to visualize the maximum peak in a given time (you can reset it when you want).

I think that maybe there's a way to "hack" the code in some way that we can set the hold time less than 10 seconds but I don't know how to do it

sheeepsss wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 am I think that maybe there's a way to "hack" the code in some way that we can set the hold time less than 10 seconds but I don't know how to do it
I have a vague memory that you can do some customisation using an external configuration-file. I might have dreamt that though - but I do have a memory of that.

Talk to support.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:37 am
sheeepsss wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 am I think that maybe there's a way to "hack" the code in some way that we can set the hold time less than 10 seconds but I don't know how to do it
I have a vague memory that you can do some customisation using an external configuration-file. I might have dreamt that though - but I do have a memory of that.

Talk to support.
There's an option.txt file but I don't think that there's anything that can be done from there. I tried opening the program .exe file with a notepad and I found a parameter called holdtime...something but there's no value to change. There must be a way but I simply don't know how. I will ask to Ableton support. Thanks

SLiC wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:23 pm
sacer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:52 pm Lots of crashes by switching plugins - the 12 beta was much more stable
I havent had a single crash and been using it hard since launch- what OS/plugin causing issues?
Win 11.
Have tried out older VST2 synths like CRX4, but also new vst3 like Tal- pha 1.17 randomly crash Ableton 12.
The crash comes after inserting the plugin and isn’t repetetive, if I load after the crash the same plugin again there is no crash.
I installed some older like lin plug, fxpansion etc to open old projects. Maybe it could have something to do. But the crash is randomly and appears if I switch a plugin.

SLiC wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:23 pm
Me neither. Solid as a rock on Mac.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”