Ableton 12 - Generative MIDI, Multiband Distortion and more

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, from a quick Google this seems to be a bug that's been around for years and never fixed. New to Live in the last few months but not new to DAWs in general.

Some hero made a PDF of the on-line 12 manual!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... anual_pdf/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:46 pm Some hero made a PDF of the on-line 12 manual!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... anual_pdf/
Needs to be said as posted on this Reddit the reason Ableton hasn’t made a pdf version of it themselves yet is because it’s still a work in progress. Sections missing and sections being updated.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

LIVE 12 midi handling is wow
I've been a user since v.6 & this new version is a mind-bending step forward. It's gonna take some time to evolve my primitive use of midi to this next level.
Peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:52 pm LIVE 12 midi handling is wow
I've been a user since v.6 & this new version is a mind-bending step forward. It's gonna take some time to evolve my primitive use of midi to this next level.
Peace
I agree , I’m a stubborn keyboard player who likes his ego to inflate by everything being played in to some extent but the new midi tools absolutely are brilliant at sparking some ideas for melody
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Yes, wouldn't ask Ableton much more in the MIDI handling department now. It's pretty much done to me. Now I would like if they improved all things audio. I'd be great if they implemented native pitch correction tools, ARA2 and such.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:01 pm Yes, wouldn't ask to Ableton much more in the MIDI handling department now. It's pretty much done to me.
Mostly there's some MIDI handling in terms of routing between tracks that could use improvement, but that will probably get fixed when MIDI 2.0 becomes standard.

Actual MIDI plugin support would be nice. Not needing to have 2 tracks (one for e.g. Scaler and another one with the actual plugin) for this would be cool. Or the ability to send MIDI notes to effect plugins.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:58 pm Actual MIDI plugin support would be nice. Not needing to have 2 tracks (one for e.g. Scaler and another one with the actual plugin) for this would be cool. Or the ability to send MIDI notes to effect plugins.
I wrap my MIDI VST's in M4L Midi Effect. Very low effort. e.g. for Riffer...

(open) -> [RifferVST] -> [midiout]

Add the (open) message to presentation.

job done.

(Scaler also requires [midiin]->[midiparse]->[Scaler2VST])

I have Jamstix, Scaler2, Maschine, Cthulhu, etc all wrapped. The plug window is a bit weird and it's marginally less efficient but I HATE the 2 track thing.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

sQeetz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:58 pm Or the ability to send MIDI notes to effect plugins.
I’m not sure if you just want to see a better workflow or general support for this — but it’s possible, either with a grouped External Instrument or with a second track sending MIDI to the plugin.

12.0.5b1 now available for those wanting to beta test. Huge list of fixes, as well as new features and improvements.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:52 pm 12.0.5b1 now available for those wanting to beta test. Huge list of fixes, as well as new features and improvements.
https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-12-beta/
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

Some major annoyances from the initial release were fixed! Such as:

- Detail view keyboard shortcut restored (Command+Option+L)
- Keyboard shortcuts for arrangement view tracks sections (Command+Option+I and R when in focus)
- Sort plugins by vendor in browser.
- And more...
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, great first fix release, they have been working hard! Ableton are on it, a lot of the things they have done are not bug fixes, they are listening to users feedback- revolutionary! :clap:
Last edited by SLiC on Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”