Ableton 12 - Generative MIDI, Multiband Distortion and more

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On both Mac mini M2 pro and Macbook M1 also rock solid.
I've been using the beta and now the final version...
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

I miss the orange icon of the beta though :dog: :hihi:
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:12 am I miss the orange icon of the beta though :dog: :hihi:
yah... f* boring black one... looking forward for the next beta :hug:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sacer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:11 am
SLiC wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:23 pm
sacer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:52 pm Lots of crashes by switching plugins - the 12 beta was much more stable
I havent had a single crash and been using it hard since launch- what OS/plugin causing issues?
Win 11.
Have tried out older VST2 synths like CRX4, but also new vst3 like Tal- pha 1.17 randomly crash Ableton 12.
The crash comes after inserting the plugin and isn’t repetetive, if I load after the crash the same plugin again there is no crash.
I installed some older like lin plug, fxpansion etc to open old projects. Maybe it could have something to do. But the crash is randomly and appears if I switch a plugin.
I’m also on win 11 but I don’t use VST2 anymore which probably helps! Hopefully once reported it will be fixed, Ableton have a big team and seem very focused on stability.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I‘ve sent them the crash reports - but it depends.
I‘ve reported them a lot of bugs, like push3 that auto arms every click in an other track and you loose focus of selected track, nothing happened since the release of push3.
On other topic is the preset change of some VST3 plugins, like avenger2 or new Korg plugins like modewave, where every preset change takes some seconds time. Every parameter that changes in new preset is displayed on push or apc40.
I‘ve reported in 2022 and asked back some weeks ago, there is still no capacity.
Also all PSP plugins in vst3 are crashing Ableton.
PSP can’t fix it and gives the fault to Ableton, and Ableton plays the ball back.

No crashes here yet either on Win11. I did a mix and a master yesterday. Project loads in 3 seconds. Gosh. What was slowing down Live 10 so much?
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

sacer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:47 pm On other topic is the preset change of some VST3 plugins, like avenger2 or new Korg plugins like modewave, where every preset change takes some seconds time.
Not for me, same loading speed as before and almost instantaneous unless loading a sample.

Win 11, Avenger 2.06 Modwave 1.26
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:33 pm
sacer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:47 pm On other topic is the preset change of some VST3 plugins, like avenger2 or new Korg plugins like modewave, where every preset change takes some seconds time.
Not for me, same loading speed as before and almost instantaneous unless loading a sample.

Do you have some controllers like apc40 or push ?

legendCNCD wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:57 pm No crashes here yet either on Win11. I did a mix and a master yesterday. Project loads in 3 seconds. Gosh. What was slowing down Live 10 so much?
Yes it has really speeded up :)

sheeepsss wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:56 am
DrGonzo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:37 am
sheeepsss wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 am I think that maybe there's a way to "hack" the code in some way that we can set the hold time less than 10 seconds but I don't know how to do it
I have a vague memory that you can do some customisation using an external configuration-file. I might have dreamt that though - but I do have a memory of that.

Talk to support.
There's an option.txt file but I don't think that there's anything that can be done from there. I tried opening the program .exe file with a notepad and I found a parameter called holdtime...something but there's no value to change. There must be a way but I simply don't know how. I will ask to Ableton support. Thanks
Luckily I was wrong:

I found a fix for this. For people that didn't read the first post, this is about changing the peak hold value of Ableton Live 12 meters that is now 10 seconds to 1 second (like previous version).

Add this line to an options.txt file:

-MeterDefaultHoldTime=1000

Go here: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... s-txt-file for instructions on how to create the options.txt file

Great news. Thanks for posting.
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

sacer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:41 pm
SLiC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:33 pm

Do you have some controllers like apc40 or push ?
Push 3 stand alone, I’ll try it with avenger tonight in controller mode.

I have found an issue for my plugin crash’s.
I was to lazy to do a fresh new plugin scan and copied the Ableton folder from my beta under user/appdata/roaming into live 12 folder.
After deleting the folder, Ableton did a fresh plugin scan and now even my old plugins do open without any crash. Same situation if I open old projects from 2006 to 2020 - no crashes and they open up much faster than live 11

Found this thread as I'm experiencing bugs in 12. Anyone experiencing stuck/hanging midi keyboard controller notes after finishing playing? I keep having to disable and re-enable Drift in order to get the stuck note/s to stop playing.

Teddy66 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:10 am Found this thread as I'm experiencing bugs in 12. Anyone experiencing stuck/hanging midi keyboard controller notes after finishing playing? I keep having to disable and re-enable Drift in order to get the stuck note/s to stop playing.
Nothing of the sort. Try a different controller and see if that's the cause? Maybe there is some old config left from a previous version messing with stuff?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”