Available now: Tone2 Icarus3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:36 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:52 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 pm 'super saws, trancegates and arpeggiators.'
Signed, an idiot who had been listening to the infamous 'Tarnce' since around 1994. :hihi:
It's all pitch shifted farts and construction equipment noises now didn't you know. :party:
Please don't misquote me. Like I said I don't do trance but I do know that supersaws have a place in other genres. But then I am able to think outside the box so perhaps that's the difference.

I realize we're at KVR where people get orgasmic when yet another simple two osc synth with five old waveforms is released but the world of synthesis is far deeper that that....... :wink:
I didn't misquote you, I took two parts of your message and juxtaposed them in a humorous manner. But hey you "misquoted" me just now by leaving out part of my quoting you and then called me an idiot for making a light hearted joke. You win I guess? :clap:

Not spamy, just a somewhat more "finished", "more polished" version of the squetch on page 22 (drums alligned too) :D
It also has a LOT of FX added to the mix
---------------------------------------------
10 Icarus 2.5 instances - own presets
2 Pigments instances - own presets
2 Omnisphere instances - own presets
---------------------------------------------
https://hearthis.at/tatsyn/psybient-1-26121/

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm Anyway back on Icarus....great synth. Looking forward to version 3 April 5th. :tu:
Does anyone know how many seconds max a sample can be when loaded in Icarus? It happens that when I load it in Electra it keeps the original length of 44 seconds, but from Icarus it cuts off much earlier. If you know from where I can configure it, I would appreciate it.

There is no size limit. If it gets larger than 524288 samples it automatically gets compressed in very high quality.
So in practise you can use a maximum from 10 to 20 seconds without quality loss.
The main focus of Icarus is not beeing a sampler, it is synthesis. If you also own Electra I recommend to use this one instead as it got more advanced features to tweak samples
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

If you ever had sort of deja vu - a state of mind in which you can't say about a memory is it really happened or it's a dream...that's the concept of my Dreams soundset for Icarus 3 :)
https://soundcloud.com/velltone/dreams- ... 2-icarus-3

does icarus3 have the ability to export MIDI from the arp?

i hope loading samples can also be done via drag and drop cause it is cumbersome if only via LOAD possible ? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNVCj9bC0WU
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:39 am i hope loading samples can also be done via drag and drop cause it is cumbersome if only via LOAD possible ? :)
You can drag and drop samples into Icarus (which also works in version 2). There will then be 2 pop-up menus (Screenshots are from version 2, I don´t have the beta)
Icarus Sample.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beachboy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:20 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:39 am i hope loading samples can also be done via drag and drop cause it is cumbersome if only via LOAD possible ? :)
You can drag and drop samples into Icarus (which also works in version 2). There will then be 2 pop-up menus (Screenshots are from version 2, I don´t have the beta)

Icarus Sample.jpg
thanks a lot :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I couldn't remember if that worked before v2, so I just checked and that will also work in the older v1.6.

Probably too late for the initial release but a FR:
the option for mouse wheel to scroll like the scroll bar not 'scroll' like the arrow.
Let me see if I can explain it better.
As far as I can recall Tone2 instruments are the only ones I have that if I go to the browser, and use the mouse wheel it moves thru the patches, rather than scroll up or down thru the pages... for patches themselves it isn't such a huge issue since all the patches show up in one window (I think because each category can only have 128 patches) but more of an issue with the categories when I just want to scroll down to see a category then select it not automatically select it as I am scrolling.

I would like the option to be able to do this.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

What is the difference in quality and performance between Icarus 3 and the Korg Modwave VST beast synthesizer? Does anyone know?

But a bigger FR from me is that I would much rather I have to click on a preset to load it..
I could be in one category trying a sound out... decide to switch to a different category to replace that part and it automatically loads the first patch from that category, if I prefer the previous patch I was using... I have to rely on my memory to do so.
rsp
sound sculptist

Chipi wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:56 pm What is the difference in quality and performance between Icarus 3 and the Korg Modwave VST beast synthesizer? Does anyone know?
I don't own Modwave native, but I have trialed it. Icarus has richer harmonics and is almost alias-free unless you force some distortion. It is extremely versatile, but it tends to lean towards a Waldorf or early Ensoniq-style sound unless you use the analog-modeled filters. However, Modwave native has a slightly more musical tone, especially when you use FM between the oscillators (Icarus uses true FM, Modwave uses PM). I also like some of Modwave's effects better, and the Polysix and MS-20 filters are more musical and controllable than Icarus's Ladder and MS-20 filters.

Icarus still uses less CPU (5-12% on Ryzen 3700X) than Modwave native (6-20%) overall, but Modwave has a few advantages such as multi-samples, dual layers, and more mod slots!

Icarus always sounds too clean.. also lots of lists to go through.. about 10 just for FM which isn't much fun when a couple of extra knobs would do.. I am selling my copy of V3, currently £85 but will drop it £5 per week until it sells and I am happy to sell it for £0.

Return to “Instruments”