Available now: Tone2 Icarus3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

What good is blocking someone when he still posts useless childish shit everywhere and people quote him (so I end up reading it)? :(

Not safe even in Tone2 threads.

7 Icarus instances with own presets
+ awkward vocals with the mic "glued" to my neck, not movin much so it wouldn't fall :D
+ and a lot noise..... working on it for next ones...

Some sort of attempt to do a live improvisation not in the best cenario..

Bare in mind this was done without much rehearsal, late night time at usual sleeping hours(fingers got confused a few times :D)
..After hours trying to find out how to record cubase live without full duplex drivers (might install them again, it's much easier and funcional for my available gear).. with a noisy mic hanging from a jacket....

.. just a squetch, that might turn into a track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzElF0B_Boo

Markus, what's the point on having the user's real name, email, country code, postal code, town and country periodically displayed on the top right of the GUI?

tasty tatsyn wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:13 am 7 Icarus instances with own presets
+ awkward vocals with the mic "glued" to my neck, not movin much so it wouldn't fall :D
I like it! :tu:

I most notice it in the bottom center of the preset browser.. But I imagine if I bought a copy then gave copies to all of my friends, who then gave it to their friends, some of whom make videos using that copy, it may help them crack down on illegal copies. Also "I" would less likely give a copy to my friends if it has my personal info on it.

My guess.
rsp
sound sculptist

Wasn't Alchemy like that also?

@ears:
Preventing people from sharing their personal licence key with all their 'friends' in the internet.
If you need a key without personal info for the purpose of streaming videos feel to contact us
Last edited by Tone2 Synthesizers on Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Examigan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:07 pm Wasn't Alchemy like that also?
iirc alchemy was just the name and email. not full address and postcode.

tasty tatsyn wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:13 am 7 Icarus instances with own presets

Some sort of attempt to do a live improvisation not in the best cenario..

Bare in mind this was done without much rehearsal, late night time at usual sleeping hours(fingers got confused a few times :D)
..After hours trying to find out how to record cubase live without full duplex drivers (might install them again, it's much easier and funcional for my available gear).. with a noisy mic hanging from a jacket....

.. just a squetch, that might turn into a track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzElF0B_Boo
this is lovely, hope you will release the presets :)!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:10 pm
Alchemy used to show full name, address, email address, and some number that I think was a personal number like social security but don't quote me on the last part as memory may have failed.

With the last version after they went to the dark side it still shows name but "name at domain.com", "01234567890", "street city 0123456" and some other numbers after that. It only displays as a scroll at start up then disappears. So they've removed most of the personal data beside registered name.

Alchemy 2.png

Anyway I don't have any problem with Icarus showing my personal data. I have no intention of ever sharing any of my plugins with anyone else and have no plans to ever do any streaming content. Even if I did as Markus says just contact Tone 2 support and they'll issue you a different license.

I much prefer the current method of displaying user info to intrusive copy protection schemes that require us to install third party apps. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:12 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:10 pm
Alchemy used to show full name, address, email address, and some number that I think was a personal number like social security but don't quote me on the last part as memory may have failed.

With the last version after they went to the dark side it still shows name but "name at domain.com", "01234567890", "street city 0123456" and some other numbers after that. It only displays as a scroll at start up then disappears. So they've removed most of the personal data beside registered name.

Alchemy 2.png

Anyway I don't have any problem with Icarus showing my personal data. I have no intention of ever sharing any of my plugins with anyone else and have no plans to ever do any streaming content. Even if I did as Markus says just contact Tone 2 support and they'll issue you a different license.

I much prefer the current method of displaying user info to intrusive copy protection schemes that require us to install third party apps. :wink:
ah thanks, i must be remembering post take over.

it would only bother me, if doing videos, obviously id prefer not to have my address on show, but as markus offers a non id version for users in that position, then all is good really.

I don't stream my sessions live as my DAW and some of my synths display my real name. I also make sure my artist aliases are listed as the composer so you can't use 'view credits' on Spotify to get my real name. I just like to remain anonymous :P If I was smart I would have registered all my software with an alias. If a demo ever requires registration I just use a trash email and give my name as the current prime minister.

I always use "Nunya Bidness" when some site asks for a name just to download a demo or freeware. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:09 pm
e@rs wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:46 pm Markus, what's the point on having the user's real name, email, country code, postal code, town and country periodically displayed on the top right of the GUI?
Preventing people from sharing their personal licence keyz with all their friendz in the internetz.
If you need a key without personal info for the purpose of streaming videos feel to contact us
And it wasn't enough just showing the user name, like other devz do?

(I don't do videos, but good to know about the no info key.)

I already have given an answer to this.

Our plugins come with a user-friendly copy-protection: No dongle, no cloud, no data-collection, no need to be online, does not install an additional 'license-manager' or driver
Last edited by Tone2 Synthesizers on Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Return to “Instruments”